College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they are all bad due to the horrible template and font, but the only ones which at least have the right colors and should be worn are navy helmets, the navy jersey with yellow pants, white jersey with navy or yellow pants and the yellow jersey with white pants.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

N'Western jersey tease video:

Fixed so it actually shows

I play hockey with Adam Clement and a few others that work at UA. Maybe I can sneak a peak.

awesome video. lots of hours spent in just collecting the research shown in the vid

Eh, they do that everywhere, for every identity. As we all know from seeing the final products, rarely does it produce a home run. I think designers in this industry often feel too obligated to force some of these design elements and research tidbits into uniforms. I'm glad the UA team recognizes the importance of Northwestern's namesake stripe, but an ivy pattern, a stonework pattern? Those are gimmicks. They don't belong on something a grown man wears. It's a tough sell for me no matter if it's an adidas, Nike or UA product. They've all done it. Some examples have been successful; most have not.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Well, it's to be expected for Under Armour. They've done that school-specific pattern for most of their schools. Hawaii has theirs (I don't remember what it is), Boston College has the stained glass and Maryland has the turtle shell.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

N'Western jersey tease video:

Fixed so it actually shows

I play hockey with Adam Clement and a few others that work at UA. Maybe I can sneak a peak.

awesome video. lots of hours spent in just collecting the research shown in the vid

Eh, they do that everywhere, for every identity. As we all know from seeing the final products, rarely does it produce a home run. I think designers in this industry often feel too obligated to force some of these design elements and research tidbits into uniforms. I'm glad the UA team recognizes the importance of Northwestern's namesake stripe, but an ivy pattern, a stonework pattern? Those are gimmicks. They don't belong on something a grown man wears. It's a tough sell for me no matter if it's an adidas, Nike or UA product. They've all done it. Some examples have been successful; most have not.

agreed. i am really intrigued by the traveling perks of a large studio/creative team. spend a day walking around a campus taking pics and whatnot. not bad

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Big upgrade at the alma mater:

Both end zones on the new turf at Camp Randall read "WISCONSIN":

IMG_5084-thumb-600x400-27758.jpg

_MG_0434_sm.jpg

The font appears to be the same as before, although my preference would have been to use the University's athletic wordmark (which itself is based on the "motion W"):

7499192238_f265304fd2_c.jpg

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

I drove by Ryan Field when I was back home a couple weeks ago and the Northwestern stripe is everywhere on the outside of the stadium. So I'd guess it isn't going away.

As for the ivy... I dunno. I've been to that campus at least hundreds of times and never thought twice about it. A lot of other schools have lots of ivy so I don't think that makes NU distinctive or is something an identity should be built around.

I also think it's risky going with ivy because of the Cubs connection. There are a lot of White Sox fans in Chicago who don't want to wear anything remotely related to the Cubs, and ivy could alienate them.

And, memo to UA, please don't make silver/gray/anthracite/whatever a part of the identity. NU's worst years were with silver. The success started a couple years after Barnett introduced black.

But as long as they keep the N helmet logo and Northwestern stripes they'll be off to a decent start. Just avoid the gray or whatever.

_MG_0434_sm.jpg

The font appears to be the same as before, although my preference would have been to use the University's athletic wordmark (which itself is based on the "motion W"):

i like "WISCONSIN" on both ends. looks great. that font i believe is Clarendon condensed bold. the athletic word mark looks like Akachen

GRAPHIC ARTIST

_MG_0434_sm.jpg

i like "WISCONSIN" on both ends. looks great. that font i believe is Clarendon condensed bold. the athletic word mark looks like Akachen

I'm also glad they got rid of the black outline around the letters in te end one that theyve had since the renovation. Looks very classy and clean

_MG_0434_sm.jpg

Acchen... idk if that's what u meant but that's what the font is.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

_MG_0434_sm.jpg

I'm also glad they got rid of the black outline around the letters in te end one that theyve had since the renovation. Looks very classy and clean

Looks better, but the motion W at midfield still has black.

Wisconsin actually uses a slightly modified version of Aachen Bold, as shown below (note the extended strokes on the A, B, E, G and R):

7505476592_111aee332f_b.jpg

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Hmm...I'd never noticed the extended bars in those letters until you just now pointed that out (but then, that is what you do, ain't it?).

Which now raises the question: is it even necessary??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Hmm...I'd never noticed the extended bars in those letters until you just now pointed that out (but then, that is what you do, ain't it?).

Which now raises the question: is it even necessary??

nope. "wisconsin" dosent have any (not that the letters would, but thats the point). very odd looking

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Archived