College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

One thing that really, really bothers me is some college football universities change uniforms every year. A lot of teams lose identities.

One thing I don't understand is how Georgia Tech think those bubble wrap uniforms look good. Nothing matches, the stripes and piping are absolutely horrendous. The best set was the Calvin Johnson era. If I'm GT, I would drop Russell as a sponsor. I know it's not that easy, but I rather take chances on Nike or Adidas. From what I've seen Russell can't design uniforms. (ex. Arena Football League)

West Virginia is another team that bothers me. The stripes on the front are terrible looking.

Mizzou has a very gorgeous set this year. I also like Vandy's white helmet.

x4hjyd.png

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's a Russell uniform but Tennessee Tech's uniforms didn't look half bad yesterday.

This is Russell's best looking uniform...hands down!

USP_NCAA_Football__Western_Kentucky_at_Kentucky-x-large.jpg

575036.jpg

Won't be long before Russell mucks it up by putting a bunch of tiny WKU towel logos on the sleeves of a black jersey.

Please do not speak of such wicked things. I would rather believe that Russell would at least have the decency to leave WKU alone.

Russell is founded in Bowling Green, Kentucky and last year when I worked for WKU in a meeting with the Football coach one of the managers from Russell was in the office and I asked him if he they would change the look of WKU and he said no. If anything, the next change for WKU will happen next year if the school chooses so because they have a rolling 3-year contract.

spacer.png

numbers do not look good with those grey pants.

white/white/maroon

A22bEDfCUAAYx4k.jpg

Beautiful. :rolleyes:

speaking of teams losing their identities...

They fall under a different category. Sparky is still there, maroon and gold are still dominant and they didn't add ridiculous stripes that don't make sense. Even though the pitch fork takes over you still know they're ASU. I look at GT and I see a high school team..

x4hjyd.png

IMHO, ASU suffers from the same problem Oregon does: the addition of unnecessary neutral colors hurts the identity. Just ditch the black and they'd be solid.

Also, I wonder what ASU would look like in all-gold.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1347937435' post='1881788']
1347932727' post='1881730']
1347930923' post='1881703']
1347730764' post='1880486']

white/white/maroon

A22bEDfCUAAYx4k.jpg

I'm sorry, but I'm never going to be a fan of the pitch fork. Bring back Sparky.

I love Sparky as much as the next guy, but the pitch fork looks amazing on those helmets.great logo.

white/white/maroon

A22bEDfCUAAYx4k.jpg

I'm sorry, but I'm never going to be a fan of the pitch fork. Bring back Sparky.

It's ok I forgive you. I love the fork or trident... And I really like asu's identity. Looks really sharp IMO the only thing I don't like is the sleeve asu switch it to numbers and it's great. I dot like bfbs but I like theirs I assume the gradient numbers are supposed to resemble fire and I like it because that's exactly what it looks like IMO.

As for Miamis new uniforms I know there was a fake leak that had something similar to the old school unis. Would be pretty cool. Miami has a unique color scheme so they can pull off a number of different looks.

white/white/maroon

A22bEDfCUAAYx4k.jpg

They fall under a different category. Sparky is still there, maroon and gold are still dominant and they didn't add ridiculous stripes that don't make sense. Even though the pitch fork takes over you still know they're ASU. I look at GT and I see a high school team..

The only fall under a different category because you like them. ASU's identity was a yellow helmet with sparky. This new look is generic IMO. And Maroon and gold are most certainly not dominant. There was what, like 2 square inches of gold on the unis they wore this weekend?

I, too, am glad they didn't add ridiculous stripes, but that is not what determines whether or not a team has kept its identity. ASU was very clearly trying to create a new identity. That's why they did a rebrand. That's why they changed the logo. That's why they added black. And that's why they added 3 helmet colors.

IMO that ASU look is the perfect modern look. It's not crazy, it still uses school colors and is instantly recognizable.

I read here that the Buffs would be getting new uni's next year, anymore info on that? I really hope that was wrong because CU football looks better then it ever has.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

No, the maroon outline on the helmet logo is definitely necessary. The gold wouldn't stand out as well against the white background without the outline.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Am I the only one who doesn't miss that cartoonish, thoroughly non-intimidating devil in footsie pajamas? If you're going to name your team the Devils, you've got to run with it and look as badass as possible.

Not to mention, their current uniforms are infinitely more memorable than any other uniforms they've worn in the recent past (other than those Adidas Crillee nightmares, which were memorable for the wrong reasons). I feel I have a very good knowledge of college football uniforms, being a lifelong fan of the sport, but I honestly wouldn't be able to describe what ASU's previous set looked like, besides the helmet of course, without Googling it.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Am I the only one who doesn't miss that cartoonish, thoroughly non-intimidating devil in footsie pajamas? If you're going to name your team the Devils, you've got to run with it and look as badass as possible.

Not to mention, their current uniforms are infinitely more memorable than any other uniforms they've worn in the recent past (other than those Adidas Crillee nightmares, which were memorable for the wrong reasons). I feel I have a very good knowledge of college football uniforms, being a lifelong fan of the sport, but I honestly wouldn't be able to describe what ASU's previous set looked like, besides the helmet of course, without Googling it.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived