New Orleans ditching Hornets name?

yauger72

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NASCAR.

Shake n' bake.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I have done an Excel database for all franchises (NFL, CFL, NHL, MLB, NBA) so I want to be sure which franchise is in what city and when and all I have done is put in win/loss/tie with overtime and shootout for the records and what division they were in and did they win any divisions along with league championships and more.. so I would rather be safe than sorry to make sure all my data is continuing with each franchise move and other things.

now-thats-what-i-call-a-cool-story-bro.gif

This gif sums up my feelings on this entire thread.

I have done an Excel database for all franchises (NFL, CFL, NHL, MLB, NBA) so I want to be sure which franchise is in what city and when and all I have done is put in win/loss/tie with overtime and shootout for the records and what division they were in and did they win any divisions along with league championships and more.. so I would rather be safe than sorry to make sure all my data is continuing with each franchise move and other things.

now-thats-what-i-call-a-cool-story-bro.gif

This gif sums up my feelings on this entire thread.

thanks-for-sharing-logo-06_08_1821.jpg

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

My point is it is not necessary for teams to swap histories as that would be confusing so fast no one will be able to figure out where the specific franchise is originally from.. simple enough leave the team histories alone as is, that's all..

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

My point is it is not necessary for teams to swap histories as that would be confusing so fast no one will be able to figure out where the specific franchise is originally from.. simple enough leave the team histories alone as is, that's all..

Does it really matter? Who cares? Okay, I guess the handful of hardcore statistical nuts might care, but if they get confused by a name change then they better turn in their calculators...

tigercatssignature-1.png

Yesterday evening during the drive-time local sports radio show, they had callers giving their suggestions for rebranded Hornets. During the 10 minutes or so that I could stand to listen, the various suggestions I heard are why I'm so afraid of a re-brand:

New Orleans Shuckers (with oysters as clappers behind basket to distract free-throw shooters).

New Orleans Po-Boys

New Orleans Soul

New Orleans Pincers or Claws

New Orleans Marsh....

and of course, the ubiquitous "let's get the Jazz name back" contingent.

It is what it is.

Yesterday evening during the drive-time local sports radio show, they had callers giving their suggestions for rebranded Hornets. During the 10 minutes or so that I could stand to listen, the various suggestions I heard are why I'm so afraid of a re-brand:

New Orleans Shuckers (with oysters as clappers behind basket to distract free-throw shooters).

New Orleans Po-Boys

New Orleans Soul

New Orleans Pincers or Claws

New Orleans Marsh....

and of course, the ubiquitous "let's get the Jazz name back" contingent.

Yep. These all royally suck.

gYH2mW9.png

how about reviving old american basketball association new orleans buccaneers

I would love that. I think it would go over very well with the fans...but you've got the Milwuakee Bucks already in the NBA. Plus I can't see a Saints owner calling his basketball team the Buccaneers.

My top 3 realistic choices would be:

[1] Pilots

[2] Brass

[3] Rogues

gYH2mW9.png

I would love that. I think it would go over very well with the fans...but you've got the Milwuakee Bucks already in the NBA. Plus I can't see a Saints owner calling his basketball team the Buccaneers.

[1] Pilots

[2] Brass

[3] Rogues

Yes the Buccanners name can be nuked lulz

#DTWD #GoJaguars

[1] Pilots

[2] Brass

[3] Rogues

Which is sad because of a history with the name. I also would love Privateers but the University of New Orleans uses that. So that's another out of the question name.

gYH2mW9.png

[1] Pilots

[2] Brass

[3] Rogues

Which is sad because of a history with the name. I also would love Privateers but the University of New Orleans uses that. So that's another out of the question name.

So tell me why Pilots would be a good name for NOLA it just doe not seem to fit the mold but that's me.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

[1] Pilots

[2] Brass

[3] Rogues

If they want to go the pirate route, Corsairs is the best choice.

Archived