New Vikings logo released

steff002

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it, too. They found a way to update it, yet keep it classic like it has been for over half a century

That makes it a perfect update.

Agreed. It's exactly what they needed to do. This and Cardinals' update have to be the the two best facelifts in NFL logo history.

Love it. This is exactly what I was hoping for. The new shade of yellow is great too, can't wait to see it on a jersey (but hopefully NOT on the collar).

Thank you Zygi.

Hopefully not on the shoulders either. It just doesn't look right IMO.

mosscarterx-large.jpg

Today, via Facebook, the Minnesota Vikings released their new logo.

norseman-article-comp.jpg

Differences:

Horn shape now matches the one on the helmet

Shorter braid

Bolder face lines

Brighter yellow

This update is just perfect. Some of the best upgrades are just the simplest things to change. The horns look so much better and the face lines make the new Vikings logo one of the better looks in the NFL.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

It's funny how many people on their facebook page are upset about this. Some people just can't handle change, no matter how insignificant.

pretty much it. i can't wait to see the dolphin fans reaction to their logo...

But in 10-15 years the vikes alter the logo, the same people complaining will say how great this logo was

This is the perfect update. It definitely keeps the classic image that the old logo has, but fixes up a lot of things to keep it looking fresh. I still don't think it's perfect. I think the logo horns could be a little cleaner and it still looks like his eye is closed, but it's definitely an update. If the Dolphins logo is what was leaked, then I wish they would have gone a lot closer to this route.

And this is reassuring for the logo. Keeping the traditional feel while touching it up to improve them should end up in a great look for the throwback uniforms.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It's funny how many people on their facebook page are upset about this. Some people just can't handle change, no matter how insignificant.

That's what I was thinking. People who don't notice the little things about logos won't care, but I, with little doubt, say that most of the people on these threads aren't regular people looking at logos. We disect them.

If only the Dolphins would do something similar....

You want the dolphins to make a change that 90% of the world wouldn't notice? Seems pointless.

From a $$ standpoint, I don't think fans will go out and buy a new hat just because this logo is on it.

If only the Dolphins would do something similar....

From a $$ standpoint, I don't think fans will go out and buy a new hat just because this logo is on it.

thats not the point. it's to make the logo work better in a variety of mediums, and more aesthetically pleasing (or just drawn better as in the hair).. they've made it better in a few areas and will most noticeably be a better reproduction in embroidery

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Andrew, can you post a comparison between your update, the original, and their update?

from his dribbble page: http://dribbble.com/shots/930620-Viking?list=searches&tag=vikings

also Fraser's version on the right: http://dribbble.com/shots/158772-Minnesota-Vikings-Logo-Concept?list=searches&tag=vikings

viking.pngdribbble__0040_vikings1.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived