NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

So what do the Texans do with Schaub? Do they have to stick with him at this point?

Way too soon to bench Schaub. Yeah, he's had some duds lately, but his track record should allow for him to have a long leash. People are overacting to his current slump, as if he's Mark Sanchez post buttfumble or something.

He doesn't have some incredible track record. His stats aren't terrible, but he's a game manager and that's it. With running game not being as dominant as it usually has been, they're relying on him more and his current slump appears to be a result. He's 32, it's not getting better from here.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lyStill MIGHTY, on 06 Oct 2013 - 21:57, said:

I don't think the Texans will bench Schaub at any point this season. But I'd fully expect them to pick a QB early on at the draft.

Odds they swap Schuab and their first for Jacksonville's first so they can take Teddy Bridgewater?

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

If the Jags were to trade that #1 overall pick, everyone in their front office, scouting department, and coaching staff should be fired. Jacksonville will and should keep that #1 pick and choose whomever they believe to be the best QB available.

Only if Houston also ended up in the bottom 5 (they won't) would Jacksonville trade that pick to them. 1) Because Jacksonville could still get a high quality QB and get some other picks to supplement the rest of their problems and 2) Because Houston is still a division rival. You don't just hand your Division rival the #1 overall pick.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

So, umm, can any of you football wizards catch me up to speed as far as what some of the key developments, great performers, and duds were today? Various assorted :censored: left me incapacitated for much of the day, basically only allowing me to catch the last 35:00 or so of many of the early games (excluding, go figure, the Seahawks/Colts game) and only the last quarter of that insane Broncos/Cowboys game.

Guess I can help with the early games:

-Lions without Megatron = crappy. It felt weird not to see him on the field. Injury must be worst then originally thought.

-Kansas City is 5-0 thanks to their kicker. Succop made 4 field goals.. any one of them became a miss and you might of seen an upset.

-New Orleans is legit.

-The Jaguars look decent early with the return of Blackmon, but just as things were getting good for Jacksonville... Reality reminds them that they are the Jaguars.

-Brady didn't throw a TD pass. Feels so damn odd to type that.

So, umm, can any of you football wizards catch me up to speed as far as what some of the key developments, great performers, and duds were today? Various assorted :censored: left me incapacitated for much of the day, basically only allowing me to catch the last 35:00 or so of many of the early games (excluding, go figure, the Seahawks/Colts game) and only the last quarter of that insane Broncos/Cowboys game.

Guess I can help with the early games:

-Lions without Megatron = crappy. It felt weird not to see him on the field. Injury must be worst then originally thought.

-Kansas City is 5-0 thanks to their kicker. Succop made 4 field goals.. any one of them became a miss and you might of seen an upset.

-New Orleans is legit.

-The Jaguars look decent early with the return of Blackmon, but just as things were getting good for Jacksonville... Reality reminds them that they are the Jaguars.

-Brady didn't throw a TD pass. Feels so damn odd to type that.

You can also credit the KC victory to the refs.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

EDIT: I'm probably in the minority, but I can't stand Russell Wilson. Or the Seahawks.

Welcome brother. We have booze.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I was traveling today and therefore missed the game, but judging from the Rams online fan community about the only positive that can be taken away from today is "the Rams didn't lose to Jacksonville."

Which is awesome because if they had lost I probably would have posted that gif of the Nazi with his face melting from Raiders of the Lost Arc at least 5 times instead of this image.

DonValentinoRamswin_zps258b9f6d.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So, umm, can any of you football wizards catch me up to speed as far as what some of the key developments, great performers, and duds were today?

Ever hear of NFL.com? Or ESPN.com? Or Yahoo Sports? Do I need to go on?

That...

that wasn't the point at all. Reading some non-contextual numbers in box scores or looking at one-line play-by-play lines isn't going to tell me anything than the bare minimums, and I'd be lowering my self standards a great deal to be content with the most bare bones of information.

It's not like I'm begging or anything. If nobody wants to (or can), then that's the way it goes. I myself could do my part by not being a dirt cheap schmuck and shelling out money to be privy to some information if I wanted it so bad. But if I was content using the sites you mention, I wouldn't have even posed the question in the first place. And I'd still feel just as out of the loop as I did before, too.

(and if I sound like a high self standards jack :censored: , well, then that's nothing new. I established that flaw many postings ago.)

Just trying to help. I suppose it's a compliment that you think we know more than the people that get paid to cover the NFL do.

BB52Big.jpg

EDIT: I'm probably in the minority, but I can't stand Russell Wilson. Or the Seahawks.

Welcome brother. We have booze.

OK then. I'm a little surprised that there are a few people who feel the same way. I figured I'd get beat up pretty good over it.

BB52Big.jpg

lyStill MIGHTY, on 06 Oct 2013 - 21:57, said:

I don't think the Texans will bench Schaub at any point this season. But I'd fully expect them to pick a QB early on at the draft.

Odds they swap Schuab and their first for Jacksonville's first so they can take Teddy Bridgewater?

I'd fire my GM on the spot if he suggested trading for Matt Schaub's contract.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Writers at sites like PFF are absolutely excellent. The likes of Peter King, Pete Prisco, etc.? Jeez. They might have sources, but they don't have all that much football intellect, certainly not enough to leave me fully satisfied with what I've just read.

I like to try and balance some raw, reaction POV's with the data-oriented reports I read the following day, because I think there are pros and cons to both. It's just like the sabermetric vs. traditional ideology in baseball. And I think there are some very smart football fans on this website, so I feel little aversion to seeking opinions from, at least, certain people here, because I sure as hell know that they know what they are talking about.

And, trust me, those I'm talking about know who you are.

Kaepernick has been damn-near atrocious this season.

Schaub is even worse.

Yes he has. My goodness, has he ever been bad. We can play what ifs, and, sure, it's easy to imagine this team being 3-2. It's easier to imagine this team being 0-5 right now. That team is way too talented to be struggling this much.

And Indianapolis has taken advantage, too. I didn't think they were going to be this good this season. Outstanding. Probably the #2 team in the AFC at this point.

spacer.png

Archived