College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

OK State looks great though. Count me a fan of the chrome throwback helmet logo

I think your just experiencing the comparison effect, like when a girl who is a 6 has friends who are both 2's, so she looks more like an 8.

Also, that's not a throwback logo. That's just Pete.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They could've at least flipped him on the other side so he isn't facing backwards. Cmon man.

Pistol Pete reversed just looks weird. I did it last year just to test it...it looks better just like this, oddly enough. EDIT - according to MGHelmets.com, OSU had a helmet with a reversed Pete in 2012.

Are Texas Tech's helmets silver, white, or gradient like the jersey?

OSU Cowboys new helmets:

Ya know, other than the oversized logo (the OSU under the ear hole, blech) that doesn't look that bad. Take the logo off and I could see that working pretty nicely as the new Cleveland Browns new helmet. Is OSU Nike?

Yes, they're Nike, and good call on the Browns.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

OK State looks great though. Count me a fan of the chrome throwback helmet logo

I think your just experiencing the comparison effect, like when a girl who is a 6 has friends who are both 2's, so she looks more like an 8.

Also, that's not a throwback logo. That's just Pete.

I'm a big fan of OK State's set actually. Love their striping and colors. Didn't know it's a contemporary logo though. Retro-esque, how bout that?

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Texas tech's is one of the worst one-time alternates i have ever seen. and in college football these days that's saying a lot

ASU also looks atrocious

If OK St kept is a bit simpler with the matte black and the white helmets to go with their many uniform conversations, it would solidify them as one of the best looking modern teams, but some of these helmets really muddle their look

Just viewing everything about UCLA during this game... it becomes increasingly clear how confused their brand is.... the school colors should be light blue and the more yellowing gold in their logo palette, but the football uniforms on the road are all navy and metallic gold. I dont really mind the metallic gold honestly, but it's so inconsistent to use the yellow and the metallic gold too... kind of the same problem that Ga Tech has... Anyways, once you add in all of the coaches wearing BLACK shirts with light blue accents (WTF where is this black coming from???) , they are one of the most inconsistent looking teams and it's a waste of such a great color scheme and uniforms that looked good 10 years ago.

How bout some of these teams worry about playing decent football instead of dress up. Sick and tired of these half ass teams gloating about how cool they look and then go on to lose by 30.

I hate this logic. How in the hell does what you're wearing affect the gameplay on the field? Really, I'm all ears if you wanna explain this to me. Cause the way I see it, uniforms are just extra embellishments for the players' enjoyment and have zero correlation to the outcome of a football game.

Midway.png

Anyways, once you add in all of the coaches wearing BLACK shirts with light blue accents (WTF where is this black coming from???)

Coaches wear different colors to stand out on the sideline, so they are easier to spot when they are sending in signals/calls/etc...

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Archived