College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Had to loogle to ensure my statement would be true...champions might well change but...who are they talking about? Oregon has not won a national championship in football which I'm assuming they are talking about in their little banner. Also about the field... I'm surprised they haven't changed it to just a plain green turf so they could change all kinds of crap week to week by painting it.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears as though it wouldn't have mattered what Oregon trotted out in. Brown and pink? Well, that's Oregon whether you like it or not. Reflective black helmets and monochrome anthracite? Well, that's how Oregon does it and you just have to deal with it. Two tone pants with volt gradients all over the place? Well that's just how genius Oregon football is and I'm behind it 100%.

At one point we get so blinded by what's hip and what's cool that we can't see when a manufacturer like Nike has us firmly in their grasp, selling us junk and calling it gold.

Notice how nobody is griping about Ohio State's set? That's because those jerseys sell themselves and don't need all the extra politicians-speak.

It would matter if Oregon went out in brown and pink compared to this set, because Oregon has used Black/grey/white lids before. This is a common color combo for Oregon. They wear black and grey and white almost if not more than they wear Green and Yellow. Is this a way for Nike to sell merchandise? Of course it is. But so is Ohio States uniforms.

Speaking of OSU, since you said no one has griped about theirs yet, I can not stand the black no outline shoulder numbers. That looks flat out stupid and cheap. They don't even match the large numbers on front/back. How is that aesthetically pleasing? It isn't. And I've gone on before about how the shoulder stripes on the playoff jerseys, while retro, looks worse than the current ones. But most people on here think they are perfect because that is how they looked in the past (especially when a lot of people on here were growing up. not a coincidence there that people prefer the unis from their youth, it's what you grew up with and resonate them with).

When people are blasting Oregon on here for selling out and Nike making Oregon wear black/white/grey for pure $$$$ reasons, they are doing the exact same damn thing with Ohio State, just with school colors.

This is not an Oregon problem, this is a "the times we live in" situation. And not a Nike problem either, because Adidas or Under Armor and hell probably Russell would be doing the same thing no matter the school.

So in the school's greatest athletic moment they won't be wearing a stitch of school color? For the rest of time whenever video and photos of this game are shown they'll be shown in grey and white. I think that's a huge mistake and I wouldn't like it if I was an Oregon alum.

Although I'd prefer that Oregon wears green and gold for this game, I feel the need to point out that many teams' most historic photos and videos were captured only in grayscale. :)

These rebuttals would be more compelling if this set was aesthetically pleasing and anywhere as striking as the Rose Bowl set, which it is are clearly not.

White with grey, and silver accents? Muted, boring and devoid of character. I say this as someone who usually likes what Oregon does and will be rooting for them come game time.

Midway.png

It appears as though it wouldn't have mattered what Oregon trotted out in. Brown and pink? Well, that's Oregon whether you like it or not. Reflective black helmets and monochrome anthracite? Well, that's how Oregon does it and you just have to deal with it. Two tone pants with volt gradients all over the place? Well that's just how genius Oregon football is and I'm behind it 100%.

At one point we get so blinded by what's hip and what's cool that we can't see when a manufacturer like Nike has us firmly in their grasp, selling us junk and calling it gold.

Notice how nobody is griping about Ohio State's set? That's because those jerseys sell themselves and don't need all the extra politicians-speak.

It would matter if Oregon went out in brown and pink compared to this set, because Oregon has used Black/grey/white lids before. This is a common color combo for Oregon. They wear black and grey and white almost if not more than they wear Green and Yellow. Is this a way for Nike to sell merchandise? Of course it is. But so is Ohio States uniforms.

Speaking of OSU, since you said no one has griped about theirs yet, I can not stand the black no outline shoulder numbers. That looks flat out stupid and cheap. They don't even match the large numbers on front/back. How is that aesthetically pleasing? It isn't. And I've gone on before about how the shoulder stripes on the playoff jerseys, while retro, looks worse than the current ones. But most people on here think they are perfect because that is how they looked in the past (especially when a lot of people on here were growing up. not a coincidence there that people prefer the unis from their youth, it's what you grew up with and resonate them with).

When people are blasting Oregon on here for selling out and Nike making Oregon wear black/white/grey for pure $$$$ reasons, they are doing the exact same damn thing with Ohio State, just with school colors.

This is not an Oregon problem, this is a "the times we live in" situation. And not a Nike problem either, because Adidas or Under Armor and hell probably Russell would be doing the same thing no matter the school.

Not sure why you think they are they are doing the same thing for Ohio State. They are not "doing the exact same damn thing with Ohio State, just with school colors". That statement does not make sense to me. They pay homage to the Woody Hayes era teams and are traditional, meanwhile Oregon's don't even have one school color on them. I guess you could say that Oregon's uniforms do show something of tradition for the ducks. With an exception of the Rose Bowl for a few important games they haven't worn an actual school color.

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not sure why you think they are they are doing the same thing for Ohio State. They are not "doing the exact same damn thing with Ohio State, just with school colors". That statement does not make sense to me. They pay homage to the Woody Hayes era teams and are traditional, meanwhile Oregon's don't even have one school color on them. I guess you could say that Oregon's uniforms do show something of tradition for the ducks. With an exception of the Rose Bowl for a few important games they haven't worn an actual school color.

Wearing a special uniform for the 2 biggest games of the year just to sell some extra merch? Seems like the same thing to me. If anyone is buying that these jerseys are to honor Woody Hayes team and not for some nice easy $$$ but are bashing Oregon for doing the same thing is kidding themselves. People here are saying that when history looks back on this game, people will wonder why Oregon has special uniforms that don't look like themselves, but are okay with Ohio State wearing uniforms they haven't worn in years, let alone this season. So yes, it is the exact same situation, just that Ohio State has a little more tradition so Nike gave them a throwback instead of a new uni

Wearing a special uniform for the 2 biggest games of the year just to sell some extra merch? Seems like the same thing to me. If anyone is buying that these jerseys are to honor Woody Hayes team and not for some nice easy $$$ but are bashing Oregon for doing the same thing is kidding themselves. People here are saying that when history looks back on this game, people will wonder why Oregon has special uniforms that don't look like themselves, but are okay with Ohio State wearing uniforms they haven't worn in years, let alone this season. So yes, it is the exact same situation, just that Ohio State has a little more tradition so Nike gave them a throwback instead of a new uni

yeah ohio state has done a lot of nike alternates, they just do it in school colors

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

yeah ohio state has done a lot of nike alternates, they just do it in school colors

which was my initial point: Ohio State is doing the exact same thing as Oregon in this game except that the special one off jersey just happens to be in school colors.

Good thing this is the only game left. We've now spent a good 5+ pages on this topic...

Those 5 pages are symbolic of the iconic jaws of Husky.... ahhh sh=t.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Good thing this is the only game left. We've now spent a good 5+ pages on this topic...

Those 5 pages are symbolic of the iconic jaws of Husky.... ahhh sh=t.

still cant believe the year is almost over..

i need to go back and post my 5 favorite looks of the year

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I've noticed that almost all of the retailers originally selling the jerseys Oregon said they were wearing for the CG are no longer selling them. In their place are the white Mach Speed jerseys and the black Hypercool jerseys with championship patches. There's confirmation on another board from a Nike employee that said these are the only jerseys with the patches on them in the Nike employees' store and the assumed CG one is nowhere to be seen.

15692-2T.jpg?142055109815693-2T.jpg?1420551679

I've noticed that almost all of the retailers originally selling the jerseys Oregon said they were wearing for the CG are no longer selling them. In their place are the white Mach Speed jerseys and the black Hypercool jerseys with championship patches. There's confirmation on another board from a Nike employee that said these are the only jerseys with the patches on them in the Nike employees' store and the assumed CG one is nowhere to be seen.

So it sold out and they are pushing old product?

I don't think so. The new CG jerseys were available for most of December and up until late last night but some fans pointed out this morning that they were completely gone from the websites of the UO Bookstore, Oregon athletic department store, Fanatics, and Nike. Typically when those websites sell out, they'll still list the product but just show there are no more sizes available or put "Sold Out" on the item listing.

I don't think so. The new CG jerseys were available for most of December and up until late last night but some fans pointed out this morning that they were completely gone from the websites of the UO Bookstore, Oregon athletic department store, Fanatics, and Nike. Typically when those websites sell out, they'll still list the product but just show there are no more sizes available or put "Sold Out" on the item listing.

Maybe someone actually heard our collective ranting.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Maybe someone actually heard our collective ranting.

I feel like Nike/Oregon have just legitimized the wrong-color sports apparel schtick that rappers have been doing for decades. Like you'll see some west coast MC rocking a Dodgers "LA" cap, but it's like yellow and pink or some crap. Nike just realized they can put the Oregon logo and uniforms into (almost) any color scheme and people will buy it.

It's like the second coming of zubaz.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived