TheGrimReaper

2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

There's still something off about the hem stripes not being the same width as the arms on the home.

The road has that fixed up. The home should too.

I think the single stripe on the pants makes the hemline stripe make a bit more sense.  The fact that they matched the legs and arms is also a nice surprise

They still look like the Leafs.  That's the important part.

Overall, the league looks pretty good right now.  To me, the Flames and Avs are the only ones with major problems.

I wont lie at first seeing the jerseys alone I was skeptic. But seeing the full set I'm okay with this. It does have a nice heritage look to the new uniforms. I like the custom fonts as well and the larger crest. I will miss the socks but I guess it works since It is all matching now. I'm okay with this overall and why they went with that they did representing a part of each area of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

7 minutes ago, B-mer said:

overall not awful. it does come together more with the full uni.

I was on here to post the same thing. 

So glad they changed the socks. 

Ah well, not like they'll ever win championship anyways...

so no numbers or patches for Toronto on the new unis then? i think this, with the thin sleeve stripes, makes them look too plain - and im one who is all for minimalism. there is just so much blank space here, just making the sleeve stripes the same width as the hem would improve the design and give it some better visual weight. if it were all up to me, id vote for much thicker stripes though. certainly far from bad, but i just think the uniform is a bit boring. ( i almost never use that word)

The Lightning vs Leafs games next season are going to look even more strange than usual. I wish the Lightning would add silver and black back into the main Jersey again. This is killing me.

31 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

so no numbers or patches for Toronto on the new unis then? 

Um...yeah. They're going to have numbers. 

As for alternate logos...I'm not sure what you could do. The last set used the old leaf on the shoulders, but that wouldn't work with the new primary. Maybe a Toronto Arenas-style T/shield?

Anyway the complete Toronto uniform looks sharp. Shame they ditched the distinctive striped socks, but if they were going to run with the striping patterns on the sleeves and hem that they were? Eh. They made the right call. All in all? The sleeves and socks tie together, and so do the pants and hem. 

It looks far better than a mash-up of their classic look, '67 look, and Ballard Era look has any right to. 

25 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Um...yeah. They're going to have numbers. 

As for alternate logos...I'm not sure what you could do. The last set used the old leaf on the shoulders, but that wouldn't work with the new primary. Maybe a Toronto Arenas-style T/shield?

Anyway the complete Toronto uniform looks sharp. Shame they ditched the distinctive striped socks, but if they were going to run with the striping patterns on the sleeves and hem that they were? Eh. They made the right call. All in all? The sleeves and socks tie together, and so do the pants and hem. 

It looks far better than a mash-up of their classic look, '67 look, and Ballard Era look has any right to. 

I think the T would look good by itself on the shoulders

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Looks like the Oilers will be wearing a Rogers Place patch on their jerseys this year.

Edit:

bVHhjH5.jpg

Dumb.

I know they can use their alternate at the draft, but could the Wild be making a switch to the green unis for the home set? Have they used the green at the draft before?

8 minutes ago, dolphins91 said:

I know they can use their alternate at the draft, but could the Wild be making a switch to the green unis for the home set? Have they used the green at the draft before?

Quick google search shows that they've given out the alt every year since 2010 except 2014 when they debuted their new white jersey.

The Wild continue to baffle me when it comes to uniforms. They choose to wear the green alternates every year in the playoffs. They choose to use the green alternates at the Draft. All tell-tale signs that they're planning on switching. 

Yet they've been doing both for long enough that I think a switch should have happened by now. They're either extremely indecisive or run by someone specifically trying to troll this forum.