Bill0813

Dolphins Dynasty, on 13 Jan 2016 - 20:46, said:
Quillz, on 13 Jan 2016 - 20:39, said:
MNtwins3, on 13 Jan 2016 - 19:45, said:
Mitch B, on 13 Jan 2016 - 19:32, said:
hawk36, on 13 Jan 2016 - 17:16, said:
ARTnSocal, on 13 Jan 2016 - 16:12, said:
jrodsep, on 12 Jan 2016 - 19:31, said:

I was doing a image search on NFL throwbacks and came across a Patriots concept that looks really sharp (IMHO). It comes from Reddit, what do you guys think?

GmIAxDv.jpg

That looks pretty sharp. Nice one.
That is a great look. They should change to that asap. A great mix of the old and new.
A rare example of combining two eras and it looking good, but I am a sucker for UCLA-like shoulder stripes.

If they did this, then the AFC east would be nothing but white helmets

That would be kind of neat, actually. An unintentional unifying factor of all the division rivals.

Agreed. Who cares if every team in the division has the same colored helmet? If they look good doing so then by all means, make it happen.

Really hate the truncated shoulder stripes.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just a random image I found online. I was thinking the same thing about the Giants having their 1976 logo but no Bucs or Seahawks. I'm not sure which part is wrong. I'm sure some people get these boards and magnets are missing so they buy replacements without being sure if they've got the correct era.

Oh, and bluefalcon, these things go for big dollars on ebay if they're in decent shape. I've always wanted one, but they're always either in bad shape or too expensive. I've got about every other worthwhile NFL collectible from the 70s, but this and the Gatorade top display still elude me.

Off topic, but I love what you've done with your avatar. Pretty much sums up where my Bengals fandom stands right about now.

I heard something about Mark Davis getting land somewhere in between San Antonio and Austin. And playing in the Alamodome temporarily.

What are the chances the Chargers muck up the negotiations due to a riff between Spanos/Kroenke, then the Raiders move in to LA? Then San Diego moves to San Antonio?

From what I'm seeing, they don't really see it as a threat. Dallas pretty much has most of the state on lock while we suck but still turn a profit with season ticket holder and have never, ever been blacked out. They don't like the idea, but they know that Raiders would have a uphill battle to win hearts in San Antone.

I heard something about Mark Davis getting land somewhere in between San Antonio and Austin. And playing in the Alamodome temporarily.

Mark Davis used San Antonio for leverage once before the Carson deal. He already knows San Antonio city council won't fall for the same charade again. So his next move is the "Kroenke Move" ...rumored to be buying land between SA & Austin. It worked for Kroenke when he bought the Hollywood Park site ...STL stepped their game up afterwards. Will Libby Schaaf step up to the plate with funding to keep the Raiders at Coliseum City if he buys land elsewhere?

Jerry Jones could lose the most and he'd vehemently oppose such a move. Central Texas (Austin/SA) combine is a big market he probably makes big money on. Jones has a lot of influence over the league's owners and that was on full display at the LA relocation meetings in Houston this week. Also, Bob McNair (Texans owner) is on the NFL's relocation committee.

IMO, If the Chargers leave for Inglewood (still can't see Spanos dealing with Kroenke), the Raiders would likely move to San Diego. There is a fan base here and a proven history of 3 NFL teams within a 120 mile radius surviving in the Southland (coincidentally involving the same 3 teams in the 80's). If the Chargers stay in SD, then we have an 80's NFL reboot at Inglewood.

NYCdog.png

rumored to be buying land between SA & Austin.

Same rumors that have an NHL team moving to middle-of-nowhere Wisconsin between Madison and Milwaukee so that people from both cities can drive to the games? gtfo

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Is San Antonio now the nation's largest city without a NFL team? If so, expect it to replace LA as the new go-to location for teams that want new stadiums.

Nope. Portland is, but San Antonio is second with Orlando and Vegas right behind:

https://www.google.com/search?q=largest+cities+without+nfl+team&oq=largest+cities+wi&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l3.10587j0j4&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

EDIT: looks like St. Louis is, actually, according to Wikipedia:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_major_cities_in_U.S_Lacking_an_NFL_Football_team

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Yeah, but St. Louis isn't a credible threat for relocation.

Neither is Portland, given its antipathy for taxpayer-funded stadiums.

Those people in Portland are very intelligent. No billionaire should be given tax payers money to build a massive money printing machine that the team operates to his hearts content.

Is San Antonio now the nation's largest city without a NFL team? If so, expect it to replace LA as the new go-to location for teams that want new stadiums.

Nope. Portland is, but San Antonio is second with Orlando and Vegas right behind:

https://www.google.com/search?q=largest+cities+without+nfl+team&oq=largest+cities+wi&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l3.10587j0j4&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

EDIT: looks like St. Louis is, actually, according to Wikipedia:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_major_cities_in_U.S_Lacking_an_NFL_Football_team

Oh wow, and given that the NFL has typically returned to markets it's left in the past...

Gonna be interesting seeing how many teams threaten St. Louis relocation if they don't get new stadiums.

Archived