NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

St. Louis will need to build, or at least fund, a stadium first. Nobody is going to take them seriously as a relocation threat until they do.

Is that riverfront stadium proposal dead? Maybe they could revise it and try to sell it again.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's not dead now it soon will be. They'd have to rework it in any case, considering they never actually came up with the money to fund it.

With a town that has lost not one but two teams (three if you count the short lived Gunners), unless someone does it out of the goodness of their wallet, it ain't happening.

The Seahawks really need to make this blue/grey the primary home uniform combination. They can still wear mono blue a couple times a season, but this look is damn good compared to the mono blue. The uniform set as a whole certainly still has its flaws, but the blue/grey is actually a decent to nice uniform. The same could be said for the white/grey IMO, too.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Seahawks really need to make this blue/grey the primary home uniform combination. They can still wear mono blue a couple times a season, but this look is damn good compared to the mono blue. The uniform set as a whole certainly still has its flaws, but the blue/grey is actually a decent to nice uniform. The same could be said for the white/grey IMO, too.

Seattle really does look great today. This should be their primary home look with the mono grey as their primary road uniform.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Totally agree. Add the option for white sleeves and you've got a winner (However I do think the Seahawks are the only team that can pull off the monochrome look and actually look good)

That's the same thing that I thought when I first saw them in that uniform combination, looks great.

The next relocation "threat" cities will be London and Toronto. Add San Diego if the Bolts, uh, bolt.

Has any team outside of the Bills made any serious threats about moving to Toronto? Would that even work given the CFL's presence?

Any hope for the Eagles returning, or at least getting closer, to kelly green?

Ugh, I really hope so. The sooner they go back to kelly green, the better. Wasn't Nike literally not even able to make the midnight green for a few weeks last season, forcing the Eagles to wear black?

The next relocation "threat" cities will be London and Toronto. Add San Diego if the Bolts, uh, bolt.

Has any team outside of the Bills made any serious threats about moving to Toronto? Would that even work given the CFL's presence?

Ugh, I really hope so. The sooner they go back to kelly green, the better. Wasn't Nike literally not even able to make the midnight green for a few weeks last season, forcing the Eagles to wear black?
I am almost certain I'm in the minority here, but simply recoloring the eagles midnight green to kelly green could actually look great.. Perhaps lighten the charcoal a bit to correspond with the overall lighter scheme, but I think they have a strong identity and a good look that would also look great in kelly.. No big redesign necessary.. At least not right away..

Seattle really does look great today. This should be their primary home look with the mono grey as their primary road uniform.

I've been saying this since they debuted this look. Blue over gray still has issues... they're still way to many gimmicks going on... but the color balance is so much better it raises this uniform from bottom five with the mono to somewhere in the middle. And if Nike keeps on destroying a uniform or two every year, it could rise.

Gray for both home and road.

No.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

These are my wish lists for changes next year and beyond:

Eagles should keep the midnight green, looks cool, and besides the kelly green will fit more with the Jets than the Eagles. Jets knocked it out of the park with the 1978-97 kelly green jerseys and helmets.

I would like the Ravens change their look by wearing gold pants for most of the home games, and wear purple pants with a gold or white stripe for away games. I would keep the white pants for a few of the games as a third alternate, but get rid of the black leotards period. Burn them do whatever it takes.

The same can be said for the Saints, get rid of the leotards and replace them with white pants. But alas as long as Payton is still in charge, that won't happen.

The Los Angeles Rams (if we call them that now) needs to return to gold color ASAP. I am really lobbying for the royal blue/gold combo.

And as an added bonus, I would love to see the Chicago Bears wear orange pants on occasion. They have been talking about it the last several years, and it hasn't happened yet, I would love to see that happen, but I don't think it will but one can only hope.

Either way the only scenario above that will come true for next year will be the Eagles continue to wear midnight green. Dream on!!

I would imagine the Bills could and would block such a move though

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Eagles should keep the midnight green, looks cool, and besides the kelly green will fit more with the Jets than the Eagles. Jets knocked it out of the park with the 1978-97 kelly green jerseys and helmets.

Not to nit pick but the Jets never wore kelly green. Kelly green has always been an Eagles color IMO. The Jets wore a much darker shade of green (almost hunter green for those years). I think when ppl think of the Jets they picture them in their current Joe Namath era unis.

Not to nit pick but the Jets never wore kelly green. Kelly green has always been an Eagles color IMO. The Jets wore a much darker shade of green (almost hunter green for those years). I think when ppl think of the Jets they picture them in their current Joe Namath era unis.

This is hunter green? Our Pantone expert Colorwerx lists Kelly Green as both a Jets color and an Eagles color worn in the 80s and 90s.

YRHODEN1-popup.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived