College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly another hint that the Ducks will indeed be reverting back to their 2012-15 font for their new uniforms this season:

5980b8010f8ad_AppleGreenNike10Dri-FITLegendNumberTee_1.thumb.jpg.8067b8732f77f7f6765d0d35dd6629ca.jpg5980b8033f08d_AppleGreenNike10Dri-FITLegendNumberTee_3.thumb.jpg.008a65febd849e90e9dc277b7247e788.jpg

http://www.uoduckstore.com/Apple-Green-Nike-00-Dri-FIT-Legend-Number-Tee

The shirt may also be a hint at a new Apple green jersey, but it's hard to say for sure. Hopefully the faux-mesh effect on the numbers doesn't turn out to be something they use on the new uniforms, as I'd hate to see Nike do that after Adidas just did that for Nebraska's new retro alternate.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Great look at the Gators new template. I already touched on it a few weeks ago, but they also streamlined their pants stripe to match the width of the jersey sleeve stripes. The pants stripes used to have overly wide orange stripes. I might be a Dawg but I can admit Florida usually looks pretty damn good.

(That white helmet with ugly inconsistent tapered striping and contrasting logos, on the other hand? Yeesh.)

Edit- and they tweaked their orange pants striping. A shame. Their orange jersey striping used to be the only component of their set that didn't match the stripes of the white and blue jerseys and pants, in addition to the orange pants (before the introduced the weird white helmet).

Rather than matching the jersey stripes to everything else, they chose to change the orange pants striping. So white and blue sets have one version of stripes, while the orange set has a different version. The helmet will presumably remain the same, meaning the orange helmet stripes will clash with the orange jersey and pants. Previously the orange helmet and pants had the same stripes.

USATSI_8798305.jpg

4 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Great look at the Gators new template. I already touched on it a few weeks ago, but they also streamlined their pants stripe to match the width of the jersey sleeve stripes. The pants stripes used to have overly wide orange stripes. I might be a Dawg but I can admit Florida usually looks pretty damn good.

(That white helmet with ugly inconsistent tapered striping and contrasting logos, on the other hand? Yeesh.)

Great, now they changed the stripes on the orange pants to match those on the orange jerseys. So instead of fixing the stripes on the orange jerseys to match the uniform striping pattern that previously appeared everywhere else (except the white helmets), they've exacerbated the issue by matching the stripes on the orange pants to those on the jerseys of the same color.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Great, now they changed the stripes on the orange pants to match those on the orange jerseys. So instead of fixing the stripes on the orange jerseys to match the uniform striping pattern that previously appeared everywhere else (except the white helmets), they've exacerbated the issue by matching the stripes on the orange pants to those on the jerseys of the same color.

One step ahead of you! I went back and edited it but it probably wasn't updated on your end yet. They also moved the Gator on the pants to the front rather than on the side stripe (I believe I detailed that a few weeks ago). But they also flip flopped the swoosh and Gator logo on the upper chest. That looks weird to me. I'm so used to UF having the Gator on the other side.

2 hours ago, djam2410 said:

Cal has been sending this out to recruits with official offers....hopefully this doesn't mean we have a gray jersey as the numbers are clearly photoshopped on

DGKB5ndUQAEff_o.jpg

"As the top public academic institution in the world..." 

Careful, Cal. You're reaching Ohio State levels of pompousness. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

13 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

It may sound pompous but they've been rated as the #1 public university by multiple outlets for quite awhile so it is something they can honestly brag about.

5 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Shouldn't the top public academic institution in the world include a comma after labeling themselves the top public academic institution?

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Possibly another hint that the Ducks will indeed be reverting back to their 2012-15 font for their new uniforms this season:

http://www.uoduckstore.com/Apple-Green-Nike-00-Dri-FIT-Legend-Number-Tee

The shirt may also be a hint at a new Apple green jersey, but it's hard to say for sure. Hopefully the faux-mesh effect on the numbers doesn't turn out to be something they use on the new uniforms, as I'd hate to see Nike do that after Adidas just did that for Nebraska's new retro alternate.

I wouldn't look into the mesh pattern at all, the Nike shirseys have featured the mesh numbers for the past few seasons

FF_2103743ALT4_full.jpg&w=600

http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Oregon_Ducks/Oregon_Ducks_Nike_New_Day_No._21_Performance_T-Shirt_-_Black?p_src=dti

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

My reaction to seeing the Gators double down on the inexplicable orange jersey incongruity:

photos.medleyphoto.8267612.JPG

44 minutes ago, tron1013 said:

My reaction to seeing the Gators double down on the inexplicable orange jersey incongruity:

I really wish the Gators would say "no" to orange jerseys. I know they wore them years ago, but the Gator's fierce identity was build on teams which only wore blue. That's who they are. Clemson's orange helmets, orange jerseys. Florida's orange helmets, blue jerseys.

4 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Shouldn't the top public academic institution in the world include a comma after labeling themselves the top public academic institution?

That's exactly what I was going to say. Shouldn't the top public academic institution in the world be able to use correct punctuation on official documents?

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

1 hour ago, Clintau24 said:

Select teams? Please. Nearly every P5 Nike team is moving to the template.

I think a list seems to be in order... Just from what's been posted in this thread:

ACC:

-Clemson

Big 10:

-Michigan

-Ohio State

-Penn State for a game at least

Big 12:

-Oklahoma

-TCU

-Texas

Pac 12:

-Arizona

-Oregon

-USC

-Washington State

SEC:

-Alabama

-Florida

-Georgia

-LSU

-Missouri maybe???

-Ole Miss

Plus some G5 squads such as Boise State and Nevada. I'm sure that's not all, and I probably missed a team or two, but you are correct that it's not a truly exclusive club.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

6 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I've probably written about this at length several times before, but my school is so stinking close to having a perfect identity that it is infuriating. They already had a one until they decided to shake things up just a little bit a few years ago. All of their options matched beautifully and they couldn't look bad (except when they occasionally came out in wild Nikefied one-offs)

dleelt.png.6ed8c3c508a38ca29ae09637ab64e925.png

BUT they bungled it all up in 2013 when they updated the number font and added their orange options. These would have been welcome changes to me if they would have just done it right. The non-italicized version of the basketball team's font that they idiotically use looks cheap as all heck, and they messed up on their orange jerseys the one thing that they had done so well for so long, which was matching all of the stripes to the helmet (How else could they have consistently pulled off the different colored helmet/jersey/pants look so well?). Don't get me started on the mess that is our recent white helmets. Believe me, I'd love to have white helmets in the lineup that nod to the blue 'F' helmets of old, but they just tripped all over themselves on this effort.

I believe that this identity could be better than perfect and do no wrong if they matched the stripes to the orange helmet on all of their options (blue/white/orange jerseys/pants), had a white helmet with just 'F's on the sides and the right stripe (perhaps a blue facemask), and used a half-decent custom font if not just the old simple athletic font. However, as many things can be for someone who frequents these boards, they are so close yet so far away. As I type this, I could just walk right up to our athletic director's desk and demand what I believe to be simple changes and look like a total kook since absolutely none of this matters in the grand scheme.

I like the idea of Florida's number font, i just think it's lacking execution. 

The inside needs to be slighty thinner, and the outer stroke needs to be slightly thicker. The balance is off imo. 

I could be wrong, but i think those simples tweaks will improve the font significantly. 

6 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Gator head on jersey looks smaller than it used to be.

Also it switched sides with the swoosh.  For some reason.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

37 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Also it switched sides with the swoosh.  For some reason.

Nike is probably why. Is the SEC possibly changing patch positions? It'll have to change for Florida regardless.  The numbers definitely need help though. And having the gator logo on the front right in two is bad feng shui.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived