ldconcepts

NHL 2018-19

Recommended Posts

On 12/15/2017 at 10:00 AM, the admiral said:

 

The logo needs tweaks, namely how the embroidered Indian Head is copper while the graphic presentation is a sickly yellow-orange.

 

Speaking of graphic presentations, how are we going on 30 years of an incorrect secondary logo being used for the Blackhawks almost everywhere except their jerseys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2017 at 9:14 PM, TheLAKnight said:

Which Pro Image account is correct? This was posted the day after the first tweet.

 

 

So, they're not simply going to use the Outdoor/Heritage sweaters? Hrm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sodboy13 said:

 

Speaking of graphic presentations, how are we going on 30 years of an incorrect secondary logo being used for the Blackhawks almost everywhere except their jerseys?

 

Tell me about it. I have some CCM 550's from the mid 90s that use the incorrect secondary logo, and they never made a correction (with a few minor exceptions)--at least Reebok fixed that on their Premier jerseys. Anyone happen know the origin of the incorrect logo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mingjai said:

 

Tell me about it. I have some CCM 550's from the mid 90s that use the incorrect secondary logo, and they never made a correction (with a few minor exceptions)--at least Reebok fixed that on their Premier jerseys. Anyone happen know the origin of the incorrect logo?

 

There are several teams whose crests don't match their print logos. Kills me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Wait, what incorrect secondary?

 

For example:

 

vintage-chicago-blackhawks-1960-jersey-2

vintage-chicago-blackhawks-third-black-j

Chicago-Blackhawks-Stanley-Cup-Finals-20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mingjai said:

 

For example:

 

(pics clipped for space)

Chicago-Blackhawks-Stanley-Cup-Finals-20

 

So it's essentially using a sans-serif C right? I don't know if I've ever noticed the wrong logo before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Islanders won the right to develop Belmont and are heading out of Brooklyn.  Anyone want to bet they'll leave the black alternates behind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

 

So it's essentially using a sans-serif C right? I don't know if I've ever noticed the wrong logo before.

 

Yes, and the "incorrect" C has a much flatter profile (similar to the Bears C aspect ratio, but without the "tail"). Also the X's representing the string holding the tomahawks together are very different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

So the Islanders won the right to develop Belmont and are heading out of Brooklyn.  Anyone want to bet they'll leave the black alternates behind?

How much we betting? ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Gothamite said:

So the Islanders won the right to develop Belmont and are heading out of Brooklyn.  Anyone want to bet they'll leave the black alternates behind?

Probably. They have a reason to develop an all-new hedious alternate now. 

 

I don’t think there’s a team with a track record of worse alternate sweaters than the Islanders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I don’t think there’s a team with a track record of worse alternate sweaters than the Islanders. 

 

I’d tend to agree.  I actually like the black ones in a vacuum, they’re just not right for the Islanders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 'BKLYN' Islanders jerseys are only acceptable because of what came before;

 

iu2zkvZ.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2017 at 4:04 PM, JQK said:

Let's hope not.

This current regime has already shown they know nothing of proper hockey aesthetics...

The Devils third jersey will not be a reproduction of the original red/green sweaters. At the risk of being dismissed, I will just say that I've seen the concepts. Please don't ask me about my source, I cannot divulge that information. The primary alternate has no green, but they are definitely sweet. I'm very excited for them and I have put off buying a new jersey until next year.

 

I say primary because I was also told their might be two alternates, but I cannot confirm that.

 

FWIW, I was very skeptical of the new jerseys when they were released, but I think they look great on the ice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morgo said:

The 'BKLYN' Islanders jerseys are only acceptable because of what came before;

 

iu2zkvZ.jpg

 The ones BEFORE that (the NY Stadium series look before the black and white alternate) was my favourite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soma said:

The Devils third jersey will not be a reproduction of the original red/green sweaters. At the risk of being dismissed, I will just say that I've seen the concepts. Please don't ask me about my source, I cannot divulge that information. The primary alternate has no green, but they are definitely sweet. I'm very excited for them and I have put off buying a new jersey until next year.

 

I say primary because I was also told their might be two alternates, but I cannot confirm that.

 

FWIW, I was very skeptical of the new jerseys when they were released, but I think they look great on the ice.

What makes them sweet? What do you like about them?

 

Teams can have 4 jerseys in their rotation? Wooohoo free-for-all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping the Canucks make Johnny Canuck the primary on a blue 3rd jersey but with green bordered block font.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now