FightingGoldenDevil

College Football uniforms- 2018

iieIWyI.png

New All American Bowl logo. U.S. Army opted out after this year's game. It's a better looking logo too. Surprised they're staying with black and gold. 

When will chrome not be a thing? It’s such a terrible “color” and only matches when you put those shiny numbers on unis which also look terrible. My goodness why do teams like wearing mirrors on their heads? And I’d imagine it’s a nightmare for equipment managers to keep them polished so smoothly?

1 hour ago, flyersfan said:

When will chrome not be a thing? It’s such a terrible “color” and only matches when you put those shiny numbers on unis which also look terrible. My goodness why do teams like wearing mirrors on their heads? And I’d imagine it’s a nightmare for equipment managers to keep them polished so smoothly?

When millenial potential players coming out of high school stop thinking it looks cool/intimidating. Same as it is with most college uniform fads/trends

12 minutes ago, agentrygraphics said:

When millenial potential players coming out of high school stop thinking it looks cool/intimidating. Same as it is with most college uniform fads/trends

Anything new is "cool".. When something else comes along, it'll become the new fad 

1 hour ago, agentrygraphics said:

Not that it really matters,  but the kids coming out of high school aren't millenials. Heck, the players coming out of college aren't technically millenials either.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Anything new is "cool".. When something else comes along, it'll become the new fad 

So.... Tide Pod helmets?

1 hour ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Sources close to Tennessee say they are ditching the Smokey Grey uniform and will only wear black cleats

http://sportsradioknoxville.com/tennessee-stop-wearing-smokey-grey-jerseys-football/

Wow.  I actually didn't mind the smokey grey set.  For a team as traditional as Tennessee I thought that alternate was tastefully done and certainly not outlandish in any way.

4 hours ago, flyersfan said:

Honestly i love chrome helmets when done right. The problem is they're rarely done right. 

I will say the finish on notre dames helmets are great. Teams like Memphis with their bengals like chrome helmets or Louisville’s red chrome just look absolutely terrible

5 hours ago, agentrygraphics said:

Millenials havent been in high school for more than 5 years bro. New generation, not millenials

On 2/5/2018 at 5:28 PM, RollDamnHawkeyes said:

Millenials havent been in high school for more than 5 years bro. New generation, not millenials

Damn, I'm getting old. I'll be over here with my Wether's Originals.

A New Army Uniform(?) being worn by a recruit. Haven' seen this before. 

DVexdCaUMAEp0r7.jpg

2 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

A New Army Uniform(?) being worn by a recruit. Haven' seen this before. 

DVexdCaUMAEp0r7.jpg

usa_today_10468648.1512852039.jpg

2017 game uniform vs Navy

Seems like a good time to remember:

Pictures posted by recruits are at least 99% not new uniforms, even if you don't remember them.

10 hours ago, buckeye said:

usa_today_10468648.1512852039.jpg

2017 game uniform vs Navy

You couldn’t have asked for better weather for Army to wear that particular uniform. 

Has this been posted yet? Possible UVA leak with new striping on the jerseys and helmets, in addition to a custom number font.

https://247sports.com/college/virginia/Bolt/Virginia-Cavaliers-Football-Did-UVAs-new-football-uniforms-leak-today-114973453

14_8128565.jpg

It’s alright. Guess it’s a bit of a throwback to this era:

virginia-retro-uniforms-2008-675x380.jpe

(This one was apparently a throwback worn in 2008)

Terry_Kirby_Heisman_Candidate_resized.jp

I prefer the original stripes without the dividing gap.

RichO - “Pictures posted by recruits are at least 99% not new uniforms.”

aawagner001 - “Let me show you the 1 percent.”

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

RichO - “Pictures posted by recruits are at least 99% not new uniforms.”

aawagner001 - “Let me show you the 1 percent.”

Lol! I could jump that to perhaps 2% by reminding y’all of that time when the return of Georgia’s black jerseys were leaked during a big recruiting weekend. This was summer of 2016.

Kirby-Smart-KJ-Britt-Georgia-black-jerse

Or this past winter/spring when I documented Georgia transitioning to the Vapor Untouchable based on recruiting visits (check the uniforms hanging in the background).

C2uQQFRXgAEE3ju.jpg

GpSc3wj.jpg

Always stay alert! You never know when you’ll spot something new.