2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Chiefs bust out the all red for a primetime home game. I think they go all red against the Bills. KC used to do it more than once, I don't know why they do it less now.

Seahawks wore the lime green for the past two years on TNF at home. I think they do it again.

Cardinals like to wear their black jersey, the one from 2010 with the white lettering, in October. Maybe that they wear those for SF?

On 10/1/2021 at 10:57 AM, Sport said:

I actually think they might look best with black pants, which is not something I ever thought I'd say.

boyd.png

I always liked the orange over the black, the black pants look better especially after the change this year.

On 9/29/2021 at 9:54 PM, Rockstar Matt said:

qGeJvjt.jpg

I’m going to need a few minutes to compose myself, gentlemen. The Giants ruined a top 5 uniform and one of my all-time favorite looks. 

On a side note, these would be a lovely Cardinals away uniform. But for the Giants, considering what their away uniform was prior to this monstrosity? Awful.

Why do teams consistently ruin outstanding timeless looks for no apparent reason at all?

Damn Right Walter White GIF by Breaking Bad

On 10/3/2021 at 3:04 AM, Cujo said:

As stated previously, the early-00s NY Giants road unis were near-prefection. The jerseys actually incorporated some blue. Grey pants gave the grey facemask some purpose. They also complimented the home uniforms much better than the version the followed.

041114-SCHOCKEY-Jeremy-KL.jpg

Teams like the Colts and Cardinals don't feel the need to force grey anywhere else in their uniforms. Not sure why the Giants should have to use grey pants to justify their facemask.

This was a nice looking weekend overall. The Jets were the only team to wear the dreaded white on white on white look, which I can tolerate. 

Rams hopefully won’t wear the all blue look again this season after that loss. They didn’t even wear it at home at all last season.

3 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Teams like the Colts and Cardinals don't feel the need to force grey anywhere else in their uniforms. Not sure why the Giants should have to use grey pants to justify their facemask.

They should as the facemask sticks out like a sore thumb, just like the new chrome facemask for the Falcons. It is not uniform at all if the color is not used on all parts of the uniform in my opinion. 

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, nuordr said:

They should as the facemask sticks out like a sore thumb, just like the new chrome facemask for the Falcons. It is not uniform at all if the color is not used on all parts of the uniform in my opinion. 

Teams that have traditionally or went back to a throwback look with a grey facemask don't need to shoehorn grey anywhere else on their uniform.  When the Giants dropped the underlined helmet logo and went throwback, they completed that look by using an era appropriate facemask. It predates colored facemasks.

The niners have a grey mask and zero grey in their unis and it looks right because that is the era their unis are trying to evoke. (The sleeve stripes are the issue)

10 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

I think the Giants need to go back to the color rush style uniforms. These throwbacks to the 50’s and 60’s are uninspiring for me and bland. The 80’s and 90’s at least use all 3 colours in the jersey and pants. 

Yuck. No thanks. Those 80’s and 90’s Giants uniform were the definition of a generic football team look. I’ve seen commercials who didn’t have the license to use actual NFL apparel use generic jerseys that were indistinguishable from those Giants uniforms. 

Until the recent away pants change, and the implementation of the white pants with the home jersey (which I love), the Giants were essentially throwing back to a classic look that they never should have strayed away from to begin with. A franchise that’s nearly 100 years old should look like it in the field in terms of uniforms (looking at you Cardinals).

And I don’t really understand why people are insistent on teams having all of their team colors on every uniform. Not every team has to have the inverse of their primary uniform for their away, which is one of the things I loved most about this Giants set before the recent changes.  Blue dominant at home, red dominant on the road. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I’ll always look at Oregon State as a template for teams who want to change their look, but not get too wild with the design.

The more I think about it, the Giants would be a great test team. It’s something that isn’t bland or generic and is a great way to showcase the color scheme compared to the other red, white, and blue teams.

spacer.png

35 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Yuck. No thanks. Those 80’s and 90’s Giants uniform were the definition of a generic football team look. I’ve seen commercials who didn’t have the license to use actual NFL apparel use generic jerseys that were indistinguishable from those Giants uniforms. 

I think the late '60s/early '70s set is the perfect balance between the '50s throwback look & the colour rush/LT era look. You still have the single layer numbers & ny helmet, but there's more consistency in the stripes, no random grey (I can take or leave the facemask), and the white uniform has the proper colour hierarchy. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Until the recent away pants change, and the implementation of the white pants with the home jersey (which I love), the Giants were essentially throwing back to a classic look that they never should have strayed away from to begin with. A franchise that’s nearly 100 years old should look like it in the field in terms of uniforms (looking at you Cardinals).

And I don’t really understand why people are insistent on teams having all of their team colors on every uniform. Not every team has to have the inverse of their primary uniform for their away, which is one of the things I loved most about this Giants set before the recent changes.  Blue dominant at home, red dominant on the road. 

My biggest gripe is with the home more than the away and that's that you are buying a blue shirt for at most 350$, its bland and boring and really is a rip on the consumer. 

zyyMk1d.png

7 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Agreed and disagreed. Sort of. Gray masks are fine with classic style uniforms. It works for the Colts or even the 49ers. It doesn't work for the Cardinals who are still wearing their bizarro world Reebok uniforms.

As for the Giants, I agree that they don't need gray pants to justify the facemask. I just personally prefer the gray pants. Not like there's any gray on their jerseys.

Now that I think about it, it's actually weird how much the Giants have changed up their look considering that they're such a classic NFL franchise.

I hadn’t followed this thread all weekend and I didn’t watch WFT-Atlanta this weekend. That being said, I just clicked on an NFL highlight video and audibly said “oh my god” when I saw the Falcons’ leotard look. 

I don’t hate this rebrand as much as some do, but by god they should NEVER go B/B/B/B. Some teams can pull off all black. The Falcons in those uniforms most certainly are not one of them. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

Ya, but the Giants tried grey pants and they pulled it off perfectly. And won two Super Bowl in them, thus adding to their prestige. Why fix what's not broken?

6uXNWAo.png

Archived