Toronto Raptors rebrand

MkDon

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Creamer@sportslogosnet 12 minutes ago

Leaked? New logo of #Raptors #NBA D-League team "Raptors 905", appeared briefly (then removed) on Hershey Centre site

UXdmr3s.jpg

Is it too late to shoot Toronto's branding team, including their "brand ambassador" straight into the sun?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah, I don't get it. What's the goal, here? Can't be to sell merch. And being so close to Toronto, driving interest to the parent club seems unlikely as well.

We've already talked about them more than any other D-League team ever. I don't even think I could name more than two or three current D-League teams.

For a team with the dumbest nickname ever, the design is pretty clever. Great use of incorporating basketball lines with the other elements.

It's better than the Clippers' logo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It's like they're not even trying with all these new d-league team logos. They need more pride in their logo designs and hire like an outside firm like a bunch of MiLB teams seem to be doing.

NBA D-League is at least one step ahead of what's happening in soccer:

1881_seattle_sounders_fc_2-primary-2015.

Hmm....I just don't get the point. If your finished product is going to, for the most part, look like a wal-mart or black market knockoff of what you already wear, why even bother? It just seems like a waste of time and money to me, especially considering what they'll be rolling out now (granted that this is the real deal) is quite a downgrade.

Thats about all I've got for Toronto. I just don't see or understand what they are trying to accomplish here.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Hmm....I just don't get the point. If your finished product is going to, for the most part, look like a wal-mart or black market knockoff of what you already wear, why even bother? It just seems like a waste of time and money to me, especially considering what they'll be rolling out now (granted that this is the real deal) is quite a downgrade.

Thats about all I've got for Toronto. I just don't see or understand what they are trying to accomplish here.

^this.

Looks like a sh***** version of what they had. I can't believe they kept the nike wishbone!! That collar survived champion, reebok and adidas just to make it back in time for the next nike deal. I'm litterally dying laughing because I didnt expect them to fail just as bad as the clippers. Everything from the collar to the side panels to the belly button logo, this is BAD.

GO NETS.

Why would they switch for these? They look like a really cheap knockoff of the last jerseys... I can't believe this is the real thing. I mean, these are almost identical but with some minor changes that are all downgrades.

Agreed. Looks like a Chinese knockoff jersey.

SO UNDERWHELMING.

Archived