Ask A Moderator

Has anyone else had a random orange banner appear telling you you've been suspended?

I tried logging on using my phone's browser and got this. I was reasonably sure I've not been naughty, and sure enough no problems logging on using my computer.

EDIT: Just checked my phone again, that logs in fine now.

What happened was that Chris' credit card (that he uses to pay for the board hosting) had a fraud hold on it due to him using it in Montreal. Canadian fraud alerts must be really sensitive :P

VmWIn6B.png

For the sake of curiosity, is the screen we got the one people get when they get suspended?

I remember it looking a bit different. You also recieve an email if you actually are suspended.

I never got an email :lonely:

Would anybody else be in favor in creating a post limit before someone could start a thread in the concepts forum? I think something like 300 posts would greatly benefit that forum. Once someone has contributed long enough to amass 300 posts, they should be familiar with how the concepts forum works and the quality and forethought that goes into a good concept. This could help cut down on posts like, "help me decide what to do for a Denver soccer team!"

Just a thought, I could be alone ere.

• Like 1

Would anybody else be in favor in creating a post limit before someone could start a thread in the concepts forum? I think something like 300 posts would greatly benefit that forum. Once someone has contributed long enough to amass 300 posts, they should be familiar with how the concepts forum works and the quality and forethought that goes into a good concept. This could help cut down on posts like, "help me decide what to do for a Denver soccer team!"

I agree about the post limit, but I think 100 would work better than 300.

You're not alone. It's not a bad idea, really. However, 300 seems a little high. Somewhere around 200-250 might be enough. There should also be a feature that prevents you from posting a topic there w/o a concept/picture in the OP.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Hybrid post limit and tenure requirements-Kind of like how the fantasy forums work. 3 months and 100 posts.

Alternatively, modify the board software so that the concepts section can only be viewed by members. The latter alternative would also help curb logo theft by outsiders.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.