NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

It's gotten to the point where if some of these jerseys were released on April 1, almost everyone would think that it was an April Fools Joke. That's how bad and laughable some of these are.

That black Cavs alt is bad on an LA Clippers level. Seriously, is there one redeeming quality about it?

I've stared at that jersey for a while, trying to find one good thing about it. It should not be that hard to find one good quality of a jersey. Everything about it is just awful. BFBS, huge wordless logo on the front (which sometimes can work, but here just looks weird and gaudy), sleeves ... wtf were they thinking???

Maybe I missed it, but did the Cavs explain why they made the jersey black? Or was it just a "because black looks cool" thing?

That jersey could slightly be helped if it were navy instead of black. That wouldn't make it a great jersey, but it would at least be a little more understandable.

Yes, the idea is that all three of these jerseys celebrate elements of their past uniforms. It's an easy correlation for the straight throwback and the wine one with the '80s logo, but the black one is supposedly an homage to their threads from 94-03. Far be it from me to be a conspiracy theorist, but I have a strong suspicion that is a bit of ret-conning by their marketing department after getting stuck with that bad sleeved option.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's pretty lame reasoning on their part, then. It seems like they wanted a BFBS jersey and then to justify it said, "Hey, black was once a team color, during one of the most forgettable eras of our franchise, so lets incorporate that one color into this one jersey while having the rest of the jersey retain everything else about our current identity, so that no one can even tell that this is a pseudo-throwback."

That's pretty lame reasoning on their part, then. It seems like they wanted a BFBS jersey and then to justify it said, "Hey, black was once a team color, during one of the most forgettable eras of our franchise, so lets incorporate that one color into this one jersey while having the rest of the jersey retain everything else about our current identity, so that no one can even tell that this is a pseudo-throwback."

Well one could almost argue it's a return of the "CavFanatic" jersey as they did create a black version of the 94-03 set on the original lebron jersey. I would have liked it a lot better if they used all original colors instead of just black and current identity. Black/Powder Blue/Gold would have been fantastic

cavfanatic.png

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Well one could almost argue it's a return of the "CavFanatic" jersey as they did create a black version of the 94-03 set on the original lebron jersey. I would have liked it a lot better if they used all original colors instead of just black and current identity. Black/Powder Blue/Gold would have been fantastic

cavfanatic.png

I actually just imagined a world where the Cavs kept their colours in 2003 and the right jersey here would've been the away jersey during the first LeBron era. Woudn't have been that bad.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

There is a good part of me that really believes adidas is just having a bitter trolling rampage with the NBA right now, and has been since they haven't renewed the contract and are going to Nike.

That red alt was one of the top 5 uniforms in the league. And swapped for these 2 abominations?

adidas' tire-tread college uniforms are also a horrendous mish mash of disgusting ideas. And the new University of Miami basketball unis were also garbage.

adidas sucks, it should stick to soccer. The three stripes are clunky, and their uniform ideas are all so distasteful and near disrespectful.

That red alt was one of the top 5 uniforms in the league. And swapped for these 2 abominations?

Can't believe that's gone. Scrap the black ones if a set had to go. No idea to which legacy the "legacy" uniform refers. The back of the military one is nice enough.

home-strong-uniform-detail-right.jpg

PJU85JF.png

No one paid attention to the stenciled wordmark on the Heat military jersey? A sign of future changes, perhaps?

That uni is actually pretty good, btw. The only good looking military uni so far. Might be the only 'special occasion' uni I really like. If only the number was below the wordmark, it would be perfect.

No one paid attention to the stenciled wordmark on the Heat military jersey? A sign of future changes, perhaps?

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with future changes. Stenciled fonts aren't that uncommon regarding military based designs.

army-football-vs-navy-570x372.jpg

Just typing "army font" brings up a bunch of stencil based fonts. I think this was most likely adidas and the Heat going with a stereotypical, uninspired design.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

The Heat red alt is so much more popular than the black that I thought it was the away for a long, long time. There used to be red LeBron and Wade jerseys everywhere, and you'd rarely see a black.

They should have ditched the black and kept the red.

The military inspired one is okay, but i'm a bit unsure about the number placement

Archived