MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Padres' brown jerseys were terrible, as are all coloured jerseys.

It was the home uniform which excelled. The wordmark is perfect. And when they changed the uniform from pullover/beltless to buttondown/belts, the team achieved the look which will forever define it:

mlb_g_gossage_576.jpg

8565-9Fr.jpg8565-22Fr.jpg

wiggins.jpg

(It is ironic that the wacky expansion Padres look more dignified there than the venerable stodgy Tigers, still stuck in the silly pullover jerseys and beltless pants.)

This uniform at home, with a grey version on the road, would be ideal.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Gross. Gross, gross, gross. That team name is the most egregiously-awful part of it, but really there's nothing at all good there.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Gross. Gross, gross, gross. That team name is the most egregiously-awful part of it, but really there's nothing at all good there.

I completely agree. I've never, ever, ever liked that uniform. Just super gaudy and too much. The only brown and gold Padres uniform I ever liked or thought looked like a decent professional baseball uniform was the inaugural set.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I've always though that brown and gold would look great in the Padres' current style, like so (albeit w/o the bell-shaped panel):

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/97173-mlb-combination-of-eras-d-backs-in-purple-and-red-march-25/page-14#entry2231169

spacer.png

In all honesty, I'm shocked the Brown & Orange set doesn't get more love. That set, even though the Giants lurk in the same division, was awesome. I loved the road pinstripes too.

Brown will never get any love.

tumblr_liwjwmczde1qbw7ws.gif

Black and gold or black and orange, and so on, will allways beat brown

While I don't think that this image is an indicator for upcoming changes, it does reinforce the belief that the Nationals' road uniforms would look better with the red cap. As for the blue cap, it probably should be limited to the blue alternate, so that it stays in the rotation.

CUQt11ZWcAAD0DO.jpg

Wow. I didn't think th blue/red cap looked that bad, but the red cap with that uniform is simply gorgeous. The nationals are a frustrating uniforms team because they're so close to perfect yet they don't change it. If they put that awesome Nationals script on the home uni, put the American flag out of the blue alt (just because they're in DC doesn't mean they have to have a patriotic uni), and paired the red cap with the road uni, they'd have some of the best unis in baseball.

spacer.png

Archived