Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

So apparently all 32 teams are supposed to get a color rush uniform. It's relatively known that Redskins GM Bruce Allen has already said that won't be an option for the team (which is ridiculous in my eyes). He's completely obsessed with the gold pants and repeatedly denies players requests to bring back, at least, the white pants. Yes, their Thursday night game is against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving on FOX (which does not have a TNF deal like NBC or CBS), but I'd like to assume the NFL would allow a color rush game on FOX simply because of the holiday. Long story short, Allen denying a color rush uniform is completely bogus and needs a sweaty sock stuffed in his mouth. Drop the weird obsession with the gold pants.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, canzman said:

Another interesting thing is the Jets, Ravens, Dolphins, and Texans each have 2 games that are part on the Thursday package. Could we see 2 different color rush uniforms for them or the same one twice?

Those four teams only play on Thursday once each.  The package doesn't relate to unis...it relates to the simulcast.  You'll only see one Color Rush uniform, not two.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

So apparently all 32 teams are supposed to get a color rush uniform. It's relatively known that Redskins GM Bruce Allen has already said that won't be an option for the team (which is ridiculous in my eyes). He's completely obsessed with the gold pants and repeatedly denies players requests to bring back, at least, the white pants. Yes, their Thursday night game is against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving on FOX (which does not have a TNF deal like NBC or CBS), but I'd like to assume the NFL would allow a color rush game on FOX simply because of the holiday. Long story short, Allen denying a color rush uniform is completely bogus and needs a sweaty sock stuffed in his mouth. Drop the weird obsession with the gold pants.

I find it odd that the GM has so much power over the Redskins uniforms. I like they addition of the gold pants worn with the burgundy jerseys at home. However completely scrapping the burgundy pants has pissed off a lot of Skins fans. Allen must have a uniform clause in his contract or something.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

20 hours ago, NYCdog said:

If the rumors of red on the style guides are correct, I'll guess the 1930 Red jersey/Royal yolk because of the stupid one helmet rule. That jersey had a plain navy helmet, so could work with the current helmet. That jersey also started the R/W/B tradition and red was the primary color in the early years from that point on.

The 1933 Habs-esqe jersey may not be do-able because of the spider stripes helmet that would be required to complete the look. If they did 1930 jersey right, they'll have tan/beige pants.

The other option I could see is the 1975 stripes jersey, but it wouldn't look right without the 1975 uppercase NY stripes helmet.

Screenshot_2016-09-07-19-24-54.png

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I think you're in the minority on that one. I'd love to see the burgundy and white pants return, but if Allen's stubbornness means no Color Rush, then he's a goddamn hero.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, burgundy said:

I think you're in the minority on that one. I'd love to see the burgundy and white pants return, but if Allen's stubbornness means no Color Rush, then he's a goddamn hero.

Yeah - now that the Yankees are done telling the league to piss off and defending their brand, it's nice to see that there is still at least one club feels that their brand is worth more than some silly promotion.  Even if the uniforms they're protecting kinda suck.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, canzman said:

Not all Thrusday games are on Thursday from the aspect of the package and what the NFL considered TNF... This link is for all games the NFL lables as TNF games.

Nice. Four Thursday Night Football games not actually on Thursday. #branding is ruining the world.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Apparently, Odell posted someone's mock up...

Yep. OBJ posted this mockup. 

Still ll sticking with my guess. If he posted it, can't be far off the the real thing. 

FWIW, the fan says there's a chroma-element to the helmet (probably face mask or NY decal) 

NYCdog.png

Bengals are going with a White Tiger inspired uniform for one of their Thursday games. Maybe for the other TNF game they will wear all black for a Harambe tribute?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-reveal-uniforms-for-week-1-at-new-york/

"The team will reveal their 2016 color rush uniforms at the Cincinnati Zoo in front of the white tiger exhibit. The location should be taken as a hint, Bengals fans."

I'm sorry for the Harambe joke, I couldn't help it.

bSLCtu2.png

20 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Bengals are going with a White Tiger inspired uniform for one of their Thursday games. Maybe for the other TNF game they will wear all black for a Harambe tribute?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-reveal-uniforms-for-week-1-at-new-york/

"The team will reveal their 2016 color rush uniforms at the Cincinnati Zoo in front of the white tiger exhibit. The location should be taken as a hint, Bengals fans."

I'm sorry for the Harambe joke, I couldn't help it.

So the original leak could be the closest to what's happening?

ExJworW.png

17 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

So the original leak could be the closest to what's happening?

My source says yes... rumor is current style uni in all white with black throwback numbers and current helmet due to the one helmet rule.

11 hours ago, NYCdog said:

Yep. OBJ posted this mockup. 

Still ll sticking with my guess. If he posted it, can't be far off the the real thing. 

FWIW, the fan says there's a chroma-element to the helmet (probably face mask or NY decal) 

I've heard that it is more along the lines of a 90's inspired uniform but in all white. Think of the all whites they wore in 99 as an example for the inspiration. Just what I've heard. guess we will wait and see.

Archived