Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

10 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

helms_zps6gskwd6k.png

Nothing you see here could possibly be improved by a colored mask (and the Browns are proof).

Most look okay, but I prefer the Browns and Colts in white facemasks (moreso the Browns, just because it matched the stripes and numbers better than gray).  

The Colts have such a simplistic, beautiful blue and white uniform...doesn't make much sense to throw gray in there for no real reason.  And in this picture, the Jets obviously looked better in a white facemask rather than gray. So it might be simplistic but if your main colors are white+one color, go with a white mask.

oct-1989-wide-receiver-andre-rison-of-th

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

You do realize this is the first step on the path that will lead us to the wet dream of so many people on these forums?

qH5VHS2.png

Thanks @Htown1141, you have beautifully portrayed the twisted minds of the “Bring Back the Oilers” crowd.

P.S. The Texans with white helmets and red primary jerseys is a good look to me.

i personally like love the current texans uniforms but i would love these just as much.

Red facemask, move the stripes to the sleeves like the chiefs and these are a winner. 

As for the gray mask debate, i feel like they have to be matched with black cleats, thats my rule. And in this case, these uniforms have to be paired with white cleats. 

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

helms_zps6gskwd6k.png

Nothing you see here could possibly be improved by a colored mask (and the Browns are proof).

Oh I have to disagree with that.

Cardinals would look better with a white or with a  cardinal red mask.

Browns would look better with a white mask.

Colts would look better with a white mask.

Trojans would look better with a red mask

Bama would look better with a white mask

Raiders and Cowboys match the grey to the helmet color so it works as a same color mask not as a GFGS mask. 

If there is no grey in the team's uniform except the mask, then the mask should not be grey.  IMHO (and one shared by about as many  people as the opinion that grey is fine.)

1 hour ago, WideRight said:

Raiders and Cowboys match the grey to the helmet color so it works as a same color mask not as a GFGS mask. 

If there is no grey in the team's uniform except the mask, then the mask should not be grey.  IMHO (and one shared by about as many  people as the opinion that grey is fine.)

And I, naturally, would disagree with all that.

The old "no gray in the uniform, then no gray mask" bit is the usual reasoning, but it just doesn't move me. Continuity for it's own sake is not my religion.

As long as we're throwing out opinions sure to annoy people (is there a thread for that? Hmmm...), I'd put the Chiefs, Bears, and (right after returning the block numbers) the Steelers into gray masks too!

50 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

And I, naturally, would disagree with all that.

The old "no gray in the uniform, then no gray mask" bit is the usual reasoning, but it just doesn't move me. Continuity for it's own sake is not my religion.

As long as we're throwing out opinions sure to annoy people (is there a thread for that? Hmmm...), I'd put the Chiefs, Bears, and (right after returning the block numbers) the Steelers into gray masks too!

Bless your heart! I personally think the raiders with a black mask & the cowboys with a blue would improve both looks...

49 minutes ago, hugevolsfan said:

I personally think the raiders with a black mask & the cowboys with a blue would improve both looks...

To be honest, I'd prefer both those changes to having either the Cardinals or the Colts switching out of gray.

I forgot possibly the greatest gray mask of all;

30524_DR_Giants_3.png

Question for the mods - can you merge the two topics, or does SL.Net usurp long-running threads?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

They are going to look like the Toronto Argonauts.

...which would explain why "Nashville NFL Argonauts" has been trademarked.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

21 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I suppose so. I just don't think it works for all teams (i.e. Arizona/Buffalo/Indy could have white masks)

As we've discussed trillions of times... teams with classic/vintage/minimal uniforms look better with a gray facemask than with a colored facemask.  Teams with modern/timely uniforms look better with colored facemasks.

22 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

helms_zps6gskwd6k.png

Gotta disagree with you there.  The Browns looked better in white or even with brown facemasks.  While the Colts gray has grown on me, the Card's gray has always looked bad to me and I think either a dark red or black would be an upgrade.  I also disagree about USC and UCLA.  To each their own, I suppose.

EDIT: while I'm all for the Raiders remaining as-is, one of them wore a black facemask to a Pro Bowl games years ago that looked pretty good.

15 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

To be honest, I'd prefer both those changes to having either the Cardinals or the Colts switching out of gray.

I forgot possibly the greatest gray mask of all;

30524_DR_Giants_3.png

I absolutely loved the 80s and 90s Giants look, but this is one of my favorite looks.  VERY sharp!

20 hours ago, WideRight said:

Agree on Cardinals, USC, Bama.  Also agree that gray works for Raiders and Cowboys.

I agree with the Browns and Colts, too, except that 1) the Browns nailed it with the Brown mask; way better than white and 2) the Colts nailed it when they had a blue mask.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

23 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

helms_zps6gskwd6k.png

I understand the point, and mostly agree, though there are exceptions to the rule. Flipped around, there are some teams with colored masks today that I'd never want to see go gray (or back to gray in some cases): Packers, Broncos, Steelers, Falcons, Panthers, Chiefs, Chargers, Saints, Texans, Dolphins, to name a few. 

As a Vikings fan, I was always a fan of their old gray facemasks from the '60s and '70s. Had they gone that route with their Nike redesign, instead of black, I'd have been OK with it. 

6 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

As a Vikings fan, I was always a fan of their old gray facemasks from the '60s and '70s. Had they gone that route with their Nike redesign, instead of black, I'd have been OK with it. 

I think the vikings need to change the mask ASAP. Either make it white, gray, or purple. Not black.

Archived