NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Unless I’m blind, the Cardinals, Falcons, Patriots are the three last remaining teams from the early 2000s Reebok debacle, correct?

In hindsight, we gotta appreciate the Texans uniforms. They were a brand new franchise smack dab in that era of ugly piping/side panels, and managed to come out with a rare “get it right the first time” uniform when the rest of the league was doing anything but. Bravo 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, McGlinchey23 said:

In hindsight, we gotta appreciate the Texans uniforms. They were a brand new franchise smack dab in that era of ugly piping/side panels, and managed to come out with a rare “get it right the first time” uniform when the rest of the league was doing anything but. Bravo 

Also gotta appreciate the fact that they've resisted going the Jaguars route of going away from a "got it right the first time" uniform to chase trends, only to later opt for a kinda-similar-but-still-inferior look.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

23 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

Also gotta appreciate the fact that they've resisted going the Jaguars route of going away from a "got it right the first time" uniform to chase trends, only to later opt for a kinda-similar-but-still-inferior look.

They did just that once they stopped wearing the red socks with the navy pants. 

12 hours ago, McGlinchey23 said:

As a Texans fan, I preach this all the time. People complain that our uniforms are "boring" and i'm like "nah."

Modern Classic. (Don't love our color rush but that's a different story)

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:50 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Speaking of consistent bolt backgrounds, might I propose:

Image result for chargers tomlinson 2006

OT: Who the hell laid that hit on Fred Smoot? lol

Hotter Than July > Thriller

23 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Unless I’m blind, the Cardinals, Falcons, Patriots are the three last remaining teams from the early 2000s Reebok debacle, correct?

The Patriots uniforms absolutely do not belong with the Cardinals and Falcons. The Patriots uniforms are much better. 

On 8/15/2019 at 8:50 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Yep, that’s one of the reasons I really, really liked it. It was satisfying that no matter what combo they wore in that set, the bolt was always against navy.

If the Chargers simply tweaked their current set so the bolt was always against white across the whole set, it would be a massive improvement no matter which blue they wore. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 8/15/2019 at 10:50 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

What if the bolts on that uniform were predominantly gold instead of white?

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

A SoCal team named the Chargers should have dynamic & bright uniforms IMHO.  I think the team should start from scratch instead of just tweaking the current uniforms when it's time for a change, which is hopefully soon.  I'd like to see some concepts with electric blue and volt. ⚡🏈⚡🏈⚡🏈⚡

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

9 hours ago, Mitch B said:

A SoCal team named the Chargers should have dynamic & bright uniforms IMHO.  I think the team should start from scratch instead of just tweaking the current uniforms when it's time for a change, which is hopefully soon.  I'd like to see some concepts with electric blue and volt. ⚡🏈⚡🏈⚡🏈⚡

That would be a nice looking color scheme for an expansion team (way too much Navy Blue in the NFL), but don’t see the Chargers changing their colors. 

If anything, I think the Chargers should find the brightest yellow they can get (which im sure Nike has plenty of somewhere in its Oregon swatch bin), pair that with the deeper pacific blue of their color rush sets (I personally prefer that to their much-more-ballyhooed powder blue), if they absolutely must keep the navy keep it to an absolute minimum of trim, and call it a day.

In essence, put some white pants with this, use those blue pants on the road and be done with it. 

usa_today_10458887.0.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

58 minutes ago, Buc said:

If anything, I think the Chargers should find the brightest yellow they can get (which im sure Nike has plenty of somewhere in its Oregon swatch bin), pair that with the deeper pacific blue of their color rush sets (I personally prefer that to their much-more-ballyhooed powder blue), if they absolutely must keep the navy keep it to an absolute minimum of trim, and call it a day.

In essence, put some white pants with this, use those blue pants on the road and be done with it. 

usa_today_10458887.0.jpg

Absolutely. If any team can (conceptually) pull of a really bright yellow, it’s the Chargers, and I think it’d be a smart way to differentiate themselves from the Rams. They already alienated all their fans, so they’re in the clear on that front. 🙂

And that blue really is beautiful. Does anyone have a side-by-side with a Giants or Colts jersey? I’m curious how different they are or aren’t.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 8/16/2019 at 2:11 AM, McGlinchey23 said:

That they did yes. It's definitely not anything eye catching but quite solid and very much a professional uniform in all respects. And they really haven't changed much of it at all

Still peeved about the late 90's franchise movement the league allowed to happen. Oilers and Browns should've never been allowed to move. Baltimore and Nashville are worthy of NFL cities but expansion franchises. Too many things got messed up in my head in terms of continuity and lineages. I still can't see the new Browns as any extension of the old Browns nomatter what the league says

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

Absolutely. If any team can (conceptually) pull of a really bright yellow, it’s the Chargers, and I think it’d be a smart way to differentiate themselves from the Rams. They already alienated all their fans, so they’re in the clear on that front. 🙂

And that blue really is beautiful. Does anyone have a side-by-side with a Giants or Colts jersey? I’m curious how different they are or aren’t.

Yes they can and it's used in the right dosage for them as well. Any more and it would be too gaudy. But as they have it now it pops, it catches the eye, but it doesn't overwhelm.

The Chargers are in such a weird situation and the NFL is still privately seething at them. When that new place gets done and if LA still ignores/doesn't want them...what do they do?

And I'm not saying they won't. Maybe they do. I don't have a dog in the fight. But if they don't the league has a fine mess on their hands

On 8/14/2019 at 10:20 PM, Mitch B said:

Why the Jets couldn't have reworked the 80's logos to use is beyond me.

Same

It could come down to the fact the Johnsons just don't like it as the permanent logo again despite it selling well on retro merch. I'm sure there must've been an updated 80's logo in consideration when this was being worked on. Hope that leaks someday

Archived