NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

WHY?!?!

What is wrong with the traditional Blue and Red? What is the point of black, gold, yellow, orange, or what ever crap that's been out there? 

Why? Somebody tell me why! 😡

does it have to do something with the 100th season?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 1/18/2020 at 3:50 PM, CrimsonBull9584 said:

WHY?!?!

What is wrong with the traditional Blue and Red? What is the point of black, gold, yellow, orange, or what ever crap that's been out there? 

Why? Somebody tell me why! 😡

this does seem to be of a 100th Season thing, given the last few years have featured red and blue. personally, id like to see Nike go nuts on Pro Bowl uniforms. i mean does anyone really care about this event anyway? it cant be about jersey sales, they don't move enough of them for that to be a real factor. seems like the perfect opportunity to run experiments, but i think even this is dictated heavily by NFL so i'd blame them

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

9 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

this does seem to be of a 100th Season thing, given the last few years have featured red and blue. personally, id like to see Nike go nuts on Pro Bowl uniforms. i mean does anyone really care about this event anyway? it cant be about jersey sales, they don't move enough of them for that to be a real factor. seems like the perfect opportunity to run experiments, but i think even this is dictated heavily by NFL so i'd blame them

Can't imagine it has anything to do with the 100th anniversary. The Pro Bowl lost the red vs blue following the 2013 season, just to resurrect it in 2017 and 2018. Nike looks to have free reign over the uniforms here.

2014:

Image result for pro bowl 2014"

2015:

Image result for pro bowl 2015"

2016: 

Image result for pro bowl 2016"

2017:

Image result for pro bowl 2017"

2018:

Image result for pro bowl 2018"

2019:

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

3 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Looks like the Niners are petitioning to wear the white throwbacks in Super Bowl 54.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-making-push-wear-all-white-throwback-jerseys-super-bowl-54

Figured that would be happening just because it worked out pretty good for them last time in a super bowl in miami vs an AFC west team. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

On 1/15/2020 at 4:52 PM, Lights Out said:

There's a happy medium between the '90s wordmark and a basic one-color font, you know.

Yeah, i think it would have to be more than just one color, but I wanted to get the font out there first and foremost and then start thinking about what else to do to it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Can't imagine it has anything to do with the 100th anniversary. The Pro Bowl lost the red vs blue following the 2013 season, just to resurrect it in 2017 and 2018. Nike looks to have free reign over the uniforms here.

2014:

2015:

2016: 

2017:

2018:

2019:

Those were years when the players were “drafted” to each team. Once they went back to afc vs nfc it went back to red and blue color scheme

The pro bowl uniforms should be:

AFC has red tops, white pants, red socks, single color white block numbers and the players team logo on the sleeve with a single red stripe down the pants.

NFC has the reverse, blue tops, white pants, blue socks, single white block numbers and the players team logo on the sleeve with the blue stripe on the pants, or white tops and blue pants with reversed numbers and stripe.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

2 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

The pro bowl uniforms should be:

AFC has red tops, white pants, red socks, single color white block numbers and the players team logo on the sleeve with a single red stripe down the pants.

NFC has the reverse, blue tops, white pants, blue socks, single white block numbers and the players team logo on the sleeve with the blue stripe on the pants, or white tops and blue pants with reversed numbers and stripe.

So basically something similar to the 2013 Pro Bowl?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

6 hours ago, dont care said:

Those were years when the players were “drafted” to each team. Once they went back to afc vs nfc it went back to red and blue color scheme

ahhh, right. i forgot about that. makes more sense that this years gray / gold is a 100th Season initiative then.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

9 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Looks like the Niners are petitioning to wear the white throwbacks in Super Bowl 54.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-making-push-wear-all-white-throwback-jerseys-super-bowl-54

With their regular pants, those would look great.  But the Niners in all white?  Ugh.  Kind of hope the NFL turns them down. 

11 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

2014:

2015:

2016: 

2017:

2018:

2019:

Unpopular opinion:

I did not mind the 2016-18 iterations of the Pro Bowl Unis, 2018 are by far the best of the batch

On 1/20/2020 at 6:45 PM, Gothamite said:

With their regular pants, those would look great.  But the Niners in all white?  Ugh.  Kind of hope the NFL turns them down. 

They have been turned down. 49ers will be in their regular road uniforms.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/01/20/super-bowl-49ers-wont-be-wearing-throwback-uniforms-against-chiefs/

On 1/20/2020 at 7:57 PM, WBeltz said:

Unpopular opinion:

I did not mind the 2016-18 iterations of the Pro Bowl Unis, 2018 are by far the best of the batch

I'm with you. They're fairly tame while maintaining some outside the box 'fun' design elements. 

'14-'15 tho...WOOOOOOF.

On 1/20/2020 at 7:57 PM, WBeltz said:

Unpopular opinion:

The AFC vs NFC with black and volt numbers were the worst idea Nike came up with. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Super unpopular opinion:  I loved the 2014 & 2015 Pro Bowl uniforms.  No surprise, I know.

Before most of you get all mad...that doesn't mean I think they were appropriate for the Pro Bowl.  I just like the uniforms, color combos, and how they were designed and looked on the field.  

Archived