MLB Changes 2020

kimball

Instead of a star, have a gold tab on the back collar. If the team has one WS win have the year, if they have more have the number of wins. A new fan could be confused why the Yankees have 5 stars but 27 championships. only having certain teams have the stars makes it seem like only their wins matter.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Noir said:

So has anyone noticed that navy jersey on mlbshop.com for the Yankees is being priced as an official alt?spacer.png

12 hours ago, jn8 said:

ytHqg5S.jpg

To the OP, don't read too much into it.  They've been selling this for a while now (even under Majestic), and to add the Tigers have two "alternates" and the Dodgers have a royal blue for sale.

It'll be a cold day in hell if the Yankees take the field in anything other than the pinstripes or the grays (unless it is for one of the ridiculous uniforms they do). 

I think it would be better to for example put one big star on the sleeve of a Yankee jersey and the number 27 inside.  If they win another world series change it to 28.  Same would go for all other teams that have more than one WS title.  Teams like the Angels could have a star on the sleeve with the year '02 since they only won once. Or teams like the Angels and Dbacks could have just the star with nothing inside of it. 

1 hour ago, beachperroAZ said:

I think it would be better to for example put one big star on the sleeve of a Yankee jersey and the number 27 inside.  If they win another world series change it to 28.  Same would go for all other teams that have more than one WS title.  Teams like the Angels could have a star on the sleeve with the year '02 since they only won once. Or teams like the Angels and Dbacks could have just the star with nothing inside of it. 

Something like what the NBA does with the gold tag and 1x, 2x, etc.

9 hours ago, tohasbo said:

It'll be a cold day in hell if the Yankees take the field in anything other than the pinstripes or the grays (unless it is for one of the ridiculous uniforms they do). 

This statement contradicts itself.  The Yankees have already shown that they no longer hold themselves to a higher standard and are willing to tarnish their brand with silly-ass crap just like all the other teams do.

The Yankees used to be team that's most protective of their brand.  Now they're just "a team".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

This statement contradicts itself.  The Yankees have already shown that they no longer hold themselves to a higher standard and are willing to tarnish their brand with silly-ass crap just like all the other teams do.

The Yankees used to be team that's most protective of their brand.  Now they're just "a team".

1. The Yankees are just another team.  They play in MLB just like everyone else, the Yankees aren't above every other team.

2. It's not even the Yankees rolling out stupid hats or the dark navy jersey.  The hats are created by MLB and mostly New Era, I bet the Yanks have almost 0 say on it.  And the navy jerseys are just Spring Training/BP jerseys, they're never going to be worn otherwise.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

They used to have a say.  They used to care.  Even when they didn't have a say, they did it their way and dared MLB to oppose them.  I wasn't a fan, but as a non fan, I was a fan.

They had class.  They had balls.  They were admirable.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow. How did I miss this About the Padres. Someone is bound to buy them up and resell, like the wahoo 9/11 caps. 

You know what's sad is their clubhouse set isn't so bad. A swinging friar. But they have to go by the book with these things I guess. 

I wish the Cardinals would follow suit and just wear their standard caps.  Unfortunately, every ST pic I've seen so far is the ugly abomination.

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

Archived