MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was ridiculous. I know other teams did it too, but it’s just silly. What does it even mean? At least in football and hockey, there’s kinda sorta a reason for it, since the Cs and As have an actual role. But baseball? A reliever? It’s just fluff to stroke someone. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

26 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

5 or more stars on the Yankees jersey would look kind of weird though. 

Twenty-seven stars or go home.

5BLBXa9.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

26 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That was ridiculous. I know other teams did it too, but it’s just silly. What does it even mean? At least in football and hockey, there’s kinda sorta a reason for it, since the Cs and As have an actual role. But baseball? A reliever? It’s just fluff to stroke someone. 

Yep.  More meaningless uniform clutter.  No surprise from the BFBS-era Mets.

At least David Wright, who was the Mets' captain after Franco, declined to wear the C patch.  He said at the time that kind of personal flourish went against the whole point of wearing a "uniform".

@WSU151 @Survival79 @Gothamite

How about a star (in team color) for every 5 championships? The Yanks could do a 5-star general star above their logo or simply have 5 stars. Cardinals: 2 stars. Red Sox, A’s, Giants, Dodgers, Pirates, Reds: 1 star...

(That’s a pretty elite group)

Current champion: 1 golden star the year after championship. 

🤷🏻‍♂️

29 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

@WSU151 @Survival79 @Gothamite

How about a star (in team color) for every 5 championships? The Yanks could do a 5-star general star above their logo or simply have 5 stars. Cardinals: 2 stars. Red Sox, A’s, Giants, Dodgers, Pirates, Reds: 1 star...

(That’s a pretty elite group)

Current champion: 1 golden star the year after championship. 

🤷🏻‍♂️

What about a team with one championship, like Arizona? Or would the minimum for a star be five titles?

I think stars on the sleeve would be better than on the front, especially with the Nike swoosh having to be on the front. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

If we’re putting stars on mlb uniforms, shouldn’t they go on the cap? I can see the Yankees having 5 stars on the back of their cap; 2 for ten championships, 1 for five, 2 for single, colored bronze, silver and gold respectively. Now that I think about it, team color would be better though

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

31 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

If we’re putting stars on mlb uniforms, shouldn’t they go on the cap? I can see the Yankees having 5 stars on the back of their cap; 2 for ten championships, 1 for five, 2 for single, colored bronze, silver and gold respectively. Now that I think about it, team color would be better though

that would be ridiculous no matter what color(s)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

What about a team with one championship, like Arizona? Or would the minimum for a star be five titles?

I think stars on the sleeve would be better than on the front, especially with the Nike swoosh having to be on the front. 

As a Yankee fan, I would never want Arizona to commemorate that championship.😜

Creating a 5-championship minimum (with the exception of the reigning champion) best mimics the World Cup’s exclusivity. Teams can only win a WC every four years and so even the most dominate nation, Brazil, only has 5 stars...like how the most dominant team, the Yankees, would also have 5 stars*.

And with 8 countries wearing stars for WC, the MLB list with 7 would be even more exclusive.

*at least until Cole Train takes us to 3-peat station, amirite?

Baseball has a league history long enough that they could do what the stars represented when they first started in Italy: 1 star every 10 World Series titles. The current champion usually wears a World Series Champions patch anyways, but maybe they could go with a gold batterman like the Premier League, La Liga and Bundesliga do.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived