MLB Changes 2020

kimball

19 hours ago, jp1409 said:

The Marlins colores can look absolutely great. The current execution is simply a swing and a miss... You don't need a 96 inches 4k tv to see the details on these t-shirts even from a distance.

93bef5ea-04fe-11eb-b8ad-02fe89184577.jpg

Completely agree. Although I still much prefer the original teal, the shade of blue can look very nice if used in the right way. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the designers leaned so heavily into the black. Imagine how incredible their black alternates would look with wordmarks and numbers filled with the blue in the above photo.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, jp1409 said:

The Marlins colores can look absolutely great. The current execution is simply a swing and a miss... You don't need a 96 inches 4k tv to see the details on these t-shirts even from a distance.

93bef5ea-04fe-11eb-b8ad-02fe89184577.jpg

Both the new blue and red look gorgeous on a black background when given a chance to actually be seen...

ff_2519255alt2_full.jpg&w=900

ff_3405984-7ad859b71c1d66135216alt2_full

Blue wordmark + thicker red outline is absolutely the way the Marlins should go. I honestly don't think they need any black on the wordmark at all.

3 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Jack Flaherty had northwestern striping on his socks in game 3. 

That and this (pics below) are all from game 3. Same socks the whole time. He's wearing the classic stirrups where the stripes were thinner and more at the bottom/below the calf. No Northwestern stripes. Wong is wearing the "new" socks by whatever brand that enlarged the stripes and added the STL. Another player, Brad Miller, I believe, wore the stirrups during the season at times.

Flaherty turns in strong game but he and Cardinals trail Padres 1-0 in 7th  | Cardinal Beat | stltoday.comVideo: Padres clinch NL Wild Card SeriesCardinals Padres Baseball - Photos - BULGARIAN NEWS AGENCY

29 minutes ago, McCall said:

That and this (pics below) are all from game 3. Same socks the whole time. He's wearing the classic stirrups where the stripes were thinner and more at the bottom/below the calf. No Northwestern stripes. Wong is wearing the "new" socks by whatever brand that enlarged the stripes and added the STL. Another player, Brad Miller, I believe, wore the stirrups during the season at times.

Flaherty turns in strong game but he and Cardinals trail Padres 1-0 in 7th  | Cardinal Beat | stltoday.comVideo: Padres clinch NL Wild Card SeriesCardinals Padres Baseball - Photos - BULGARIAN NEWS AGENCY

Oh I see. My mistake then. Was watching the game in a bar the tv was a bit far away so i couldn't see the blue in the stripes. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Logo creep. Is the f'ing cnn logo on the back of the mound in San Diego? Wtf is that :censored:?

There was a Bleacher Report logo on the mound the other night. I think it’s digitally placed. 

Both CNN and BR are part of Turner/Time Warner

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Is it just me or has every postseason game thus far had at least one alternate jersey worn?

I feel like I haven't seen one traditional white vs gray matchup. I could be wrong and maybe the Padres road pinstripes count but I feel like I've seen an alternate in every game.

Haven't followed all games but I know for a fact this game happened. 

AthleticsWhiteSox.jpg?resize=850,478

Go A's!

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Is it just me or has every postseason game thus far had at least one alternate jersey worn?

I feel like I haven't seen one traditional white vs gray matchup. I could be wrong and maybe the Padres road pinstripes count but I feel like I've seen an alternate in every game.

Four or five games. Reds/Braves played a game without an alt...Dodgers/Padres... the game shown above...probably a couple others. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived