NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

15 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

The "home" and "road" games will likely all be in the same building.  Rumour is Las Vegas may be the frontrunner to be the hub for Western Conference.

I wonder if Vegas will be able to make enough practice facilities available. In markets like Toronto or the Twin Cities, there are lots of options for game and practice rinks. I know in Vegas there are a few options for games, but I really don’t know the practice rink options.

On the other hand, Vegas has plenty of accommodations, though so does every other city these days.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might be a weird question but do you think they'll just use the logo of what ever locations team at center ice or will they use the nhl logo. Would be cool if they put the 2020 version of this logo at center ice. Maybe put all the teams in the playoffs around it or something. 

1200px-2019_Stanley_Cup_playoffs_logo.sv

3 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

This might be a weird question but do you think they'll just use the logo of what ever locations team at center ice or will they use the nhl logo.

I imagine it'd just be the logo of whichever of the pair playing is the "home" team.

12 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I imagine it'd just be the logo of whichever of the pair playing is the "home" team.

It'd be cheaper and easier to go with a generic NHL logo. 

If four teams (or more) are playing at one site...you really can't switch logos around very easily. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, Mingjai said:

I wonder if Vegas will be able to make enough practice facilities available. In markets like Toronto or the Twin Cities, there are lots of options for game and practice rinks. I know in Vegas there are a few options for games, but I really don’t know the practice rink options.

On the other hand, Vegas has plenty of accommodations, though so does every other city these days.

I know there is a 4-sheet ice area in the Vegas area, that I played at. I can't remember what the name or where exactly it is. I think it's the Las Vegas Ice Center. So there's that. It's definitely not a place you could hold an NHL game but for practice, it would definitely work. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

8 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

I know there is a 4-sheet ice area in the Vegas area, that I played at. I can't remember what the name or where exactly it is. I think it's the Las Vegas Ice Center. So there's that. It's definitely not a place you could hold an NHL game but for practice, it would definitely work. 

There's also the Pepsi Ice Center (which has an NHL-size rink) and City National Arena (the Knights' training facility). And of course there's Orleans, as well, if they need it.

18 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

I think maybe the twin cities could be a brilliant idea. Half of the teams in a conference play their games in St. Paul at the Excel Energy Center and the Other half at the Target Center in Minneapolis. State of Hockey you know?

Yeah, but then you need hotels and practice facilities for 24 teams, not 12.

3 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Theyre not changing the ice for every match.  We might be in a situation where 2-3 games happen in a day.

I'd find it pretty humorous if the Twin Cities and Detroit aren't used, considering all the promotion about how many rinks and players and hockey towns are in Minnesota and Michigan. 

"We are Hockeytown!!!"

"Cool...we need to use your city to host a bunch of games within a month"

"Yeah, sorry, we don't have the resources right now for all that hockey"

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I'd find it pretty humorous if the Twin Cities and Detroit aren't used, considering all the promotion about how many rinks and players and hockey towns are in Minnesota and Michigan. 

"We are Hockeytown!!!"

I can't speak for Detroit, but there are certainly more than enough practice rinks and resources available in the Twin Cities. Nearly every major high school in the Twin Cities, has a decent practice facility, and is around 20 minutes away from downtown for either city. Not to mention there are more than enough hotels and other accommodations. I personally might be biased, but I do think the Twin Cities are an excellent candidate for one of the NHL's hub cities. The way COVID keeps affecting Minnesota will determine the factors on that of course...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

"We are Hockeytown!!!"

Detroit is not one of the cities that is being considered.  Doesn't Detroit/Michigan have one of the highest number of cases in the US?

These are the cities that are on the shortlist:

Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Edmonton, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Pittsburgh, Toronto and Vancouver.

16 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

I highly doubt they would do that.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

A lot of Blue Jackets reporters are thinking Columbus will be a hub city and it kind of makes sense. Nationwide Arena has the Blue Jackets practice affiliated connected to it. Ohio State also said they would let them use Value City Arena which is basically an NHL level facility. The Ohio State women's rink could also work too. That gives 4 high quality rinks within 3 miles of each other there multiple hotels right outside of Nationwide. 

On 5/27/2020 at 5:54 PM, WSU151 said:

"We are Hockeytown!!!"

I appreciate the joke, but Detroit has been one of the nation's biggest outbreak areas for COVID-19 and we really don't have the resources for hockey right now as the entire state is still under a stay-at-home order through June 12.

...but feel free to take the "Hockeytown" moniker away from us if it helps you sleep better at night

2 hours ago, GFB said:

I appreciate the joke, but Detroit has been one of the nation's biggest outbreak areas for COVID-19 and we really don't have the resources for hockey right now as the entire state is still under a stay-at-home order through June 12.

...but feel free to take the "Hockeytown" moniker away from us if it helps you sleep better at night

spacer.png

On 5/27/2020 at 11:33 AM, Ark said:

Have the shield at center ice and the logos of all 31 NHL teams around the rink. 

Actually this would be a great opportunity for the NHL to go old school plain white boards. But I'm sure they need the ad revenue more than ever.

Come to think of it, COVID will likely be the catalyst for every major North American league putting ads on uniforms.

Archived