NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

spacer.png

That’s... not what “full-time” means. 

I’m assuming “designated” in this case means “games where they are designated the home team and wear dark jerseys during the neutral-site playoffs.”

6fQjS3M.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, crashcarson15 said:

I’m assuming “designated” in this case means “games where they are designated the home team and wear dark jerseys during the neutral-site playoffs.”

FWIW this was my read on that too; games where they are the designated home team and not a designated number of home games.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

17 minutes ago, Bmac said:

Modifying the color scheme would be a great step in modernizing the Kachina identity. Drop the purple, use the current shades of red and sand.

EZSuEIiXYAEo4R1?format=jpg&name=large

Minnesota already uses red, green and tan as colors for their identity, so I'd keep the purple over the green. It's a little more distinct that way;

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Minnesota already uses red, green and tan as colors for their identity, so I'd keep the purple over the green. It's a little more distinct that way;

spacer.png

I was gonna say the same--if anything, drop the green.  (I don't care about the fact that Minnesota uses it--sometimes that "other teams use the same colors" thing get overblown.) I think this look needs that "southwestern blue" for added depth.  And looking at this mockup, sure, several of these colors appear on the same side of the spectrum (red/copper/"purple"/tan), but for what this is and what it represents, I think it works.  Perhaps, maybe if anything, swap out the black for an extremely dark green?  I don't know.  I do know this: no sports team I know of uses dark red and that particular shade of blue primarily; the closest I've seen anywhere to that is South Carolina State, which uses garnet and blue.

One thing is for sure: my second-favorite major pro sports identity is coming back.  That, I can get on board with.  

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

spacer.png

That’s... not what “full-time” means. 

Along these lines, since every game is going to be neutral site, let teams declare a primary, secondary, tertiary, and let them wear their best uniform as often as possible. 

Are they gonna use the direct throwbacks or a monderized version of the Kachinas?

The Picasso Coyote is a little dated. The uniforms could use some more maroon/sand. Especially the white Kachina jerseys that are mostly black.

5 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Didn't @Sterling84v2.0 have a whole rant about how the "current" Coyote looks like its skull has been crushed or something?

526378072015.gif

It's fine, but it's lacking the character of the Kachina design. I wish the Suns, Cardinals, and Diamondbacks would follow the Coyotes towards a Southwestern Native American art style. It's so much more appealing than this:

30-nike-suns-2017-18-uniforms.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 IMG_9422-600x400.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 

cardinals-uniforms--1024x418.png&f=1&nofb=1 

Arizona has such a fantastic regional look. Use it.

16664996655_09ca5e28de_b.jpg juBiuJR.png

@jmckeev5--590x393.jpeg

Justin McKeever nailed that Cardinals design. 

These concepts definitely screams Arizona. Why they’ve been never thought that? Arizona has a rich history of native art industry. My mom owns a Navajo blanket. Yes, it’s very wonderful. I agree with you about Arizona’s teams. They’re should’ve into that style. Do it. 

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

5 hours ago, Buc said:

I was gonna say the same--if anything, drop the green.  (I don't care about the fact that Minnesota uses it--sometimes that "other teams use the same colors" thing get overblown.) I think this look needs that "southwestern blue" for added depth.  And looking at this mockup, sure, several of these colors appear on the same side of the spectrum (red/copper/"purple"/tan), but for what this is and what it represents, I think it works.  Perhaps, maybe if anything, swap out the black for an extremely dark green?  I don't know.  I do know this: no sports team I know of uses dark red and that particular shade of blue primarily; the closest I've seen anywhere to that is South Carolina State, which uses garnet and blue.

Yeah. 

I personally feel like the purple is the least analogous colour to their identity. I'd drop it. The dark red/copper, sand, green is very harmonious and looks great. I don't see a need for an extra colour when you can also use black.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I would whittle it down to black, red, tan, and purple on the uniforms, and even that's still a little busy. Dark green, dark red, and black all touching was probably the biggest flaw of the original set, second was those dark green shoulder yokes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A big flaw with those uniforms was also that they were just too busy, with the colors and striping. It could easily be toned down, though there's a bunch of ways to do that. The only color I would leave untouched is brick red, but I do LOVE that shade of orange they use to use.

Glad to see these fulltime.  They're slightly flawed as some have pointed out (I'd like to see the green lightened up a bit because as it kind of just gives off the phantom-yoke feel at times), but they're still a fantastic uniform that has aged well with time.  The 'Yotes have been pretty bog-standard-basic for a while with the red/white aesthetic largely dominating them, but I've always felt (and perhaps it's because they walked into the league with the Peyote Coyote) they serve themselves better being a little funky.

If they follow other teams examples (Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh to name a few) by going alt/throwback playoffs, they should re-elevate these and a white version for next year.  I'd be very happy to see that.

On 5/30/2020 at 12:20 PM, Ridleylash said:

I assume it's just in reference to the playoffs, in that they won't use any other jerseys during their designated home games.

Though to be fair, ownership, players and fans are pretty high on the Kachinas...so maybe Chris knows something we don't about them going Kachinas full time next season? 😜

And since games will likely be neutral site for the Coyotes, when they are designated the home team they'll wear the kachinas.

I do like that Kachinas logo crest.. only beef is when i see that jersey on tv.. the shoulder yoke thing looks so darker than the original one, and it is hard to see on tv so best to have the yoke brightened up more but the logo and the jersey design is amazing as is... 

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Would their newer version of the Kachina pattern, found in the current collar hanger effect, make a good pattern on the sleeves/waist of their next set of uniforms?

An updated take on their pixelated striping pattern could look better. If the maroon and sand were reversed, it would look even closer to the old one.

0416-arz-collar.png

Archived