NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

Did some scrounging on line (obviously not my logos).

This could be a workable Hurricanes alt logo

carolina_hurricanes_johnny_vongriz.png

I'm in the "I don't think the current logo is bad or needs to be changed" camp too. But if they were to change the main logo would side view work, something along the lines of these... (obviously without the extra crap, just using these as examples of sideview storms). 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBy0-tfaoXtkdgrwqImTJ jaimy.jpgwlmfu1fa53bzilht6fle.gif7556_guelph_storm-jersey-2001.png2535.gif

Or should the Hurricanes remain semi-unique and use the topview?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top view? The logo has no clear perspective, thats what makes it decent imo. Its symmetrical, yes, but youre looking up at the puck from underneath it. Its a nice somewhat abstract take on a hurricane. I really do think its a fine logo.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

28 minutes ago, Bayne said:

Top view? The logo has no clear perspective, thats what makes it decent imo. Its symmetrical, yes, but youre looking up at the puck from underneath it. Its a nice somewhat abstract take on a hurricane. I really do think its a fine logo.

I always assumed we were looking at a hurricane from above it, like on a weather map.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Lethbridge has never really had a great logo either, so maybe Hurricanes is something that can't really be represented well on a logo. One the logos is just Taz and another is HurrJcanes, which always makes me laugh to remember how bad that logo idea was combined with the fact the Capitals told them to stop.

1818.gif

4smwruhi3fi2egww2oe2cp1bc.gif

dnhe6w9cu2n5byfiv6hea8nmh.gif

k7fq474bkdsflgmest6xw1n2m.gif

rqan6ime45gexog7ss9bwx12e.gif

44020632014.gif

The current logo isn't a bad idea, but I think it looks like a tail.

IbjBaeE.png

5 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

A local high school here in Florida incorporates a C into a hurrican like shape.  Not saying Carolina should take this exactly but it could be a starting point.

CITRUS-HS-HURRICANES.jpg?x44063

Umm, that is very very similar to the Canes current logo.   Two Cs forming a hurricane..

On 9/25/2019 at 4:36 PM, Chromatic said:

Unpopular opinion: I don't hate the Hurricanes logo. I don't love it, but I don't think its the hot garbage many on here make it out to be. I think with a little cleaning up/modification it can make a perfectly fine NHL logo.

Same here. I think it's fine and I don't really see anything much wrong with it.

Dallas Stars Show Logo for 2020 Winter Classic

September 27, 2019 - 18:02 PM

The Dallas Stars will be digging deep into the heart of Texas hockey history for their 2020 Winter Classic uniform. Unveiled today at the end of a video posted to their social media, the logo is a modified version of […]

Read More...

18 minutes ago, ColeJ said:

I LOVE that Stars logo. I'm just now terrified the sweaters will feature red instead of green now.

Call it Mooterus PTSD if you must.

If it features red, I think it might feature blue too, if they want to go with some Texas state colors.

7 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

If it features red, I think it might feature blue too, if they want to go with some Texas state colors.

Winter Classic jerseys don't stray too far from team colors though. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

As WSU151 pointed out, the jerseys aren't likely to be anything but team colours.  Calgary's 2011 Heritage Classic jersey was based on the Calgary Tigers, who's colours were black and yellow, with the Flames recoloring it in red and yellow.

That being said, it doesn't stop Dallas from bucking the trend if they want to show off some Texas pride.

Archived