Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There goes the sweep dream 😭

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The Blue Jackets were up 2-1 in Game 1 with five minutes left and an OT goal away from up being up 3 games to none on the mighty Bruins, SIR. 

The Penguins Ultra-Sweep is dead. Once again, Boston ruins everything. 

I don't expect this to be a long series and I'll wonder what could've been. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

A few observations from game 1:

— The Blues are surprisingly slow. They’re clearly more suited to a high hitting, dirty (not in the cheating way, but the getting stuck in and forcing mistakes way) style than I realized.

— They’re very good at converting on mistakes. As demonstrated by their two goals.

— Binnington is very talented but definitely human. He had a bunch of nice saves, but then Bruins posted 4 or 5 shots and whiffed a few chances to bury the puck. 

— The Bruins first line continues to play extremely up and down. Meanwhile, the third and fourth lines continue to reveal that they’re true advantage is depth. If all four lines can get it running well during the series, the Blues are going to have a tough time winning four.

— The Bruins also have a knack for drawing penalties. Not sure if it’s good positioning or what, but they’re on the power play a lot.

— Torey :censored:ing Krug.

— All that being said, the Blues are clearly very talented, and it’s still definitely anyone’s series.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

On 5/28/2019 at 9:23 AM, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

St. Louis is 0-13 in the Stanley Cup Finals. Let's hope they can win a game and not see an 0-16 record staring them straight in the face.

I, for one, would like to see 0-16 for the lulz

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

1-0 Bruins. Halak's getting his ring.

So is Marcus Johansson, which to me would be the only silver lining of a Bruins Cup. 

spacer.png

Glad to see the first line doesn’t give a :censored:. That was absolutely pathetic to watch tonight. 

Blues in 6.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

18 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

So we don't get our Penguins quad Sweep, and we don't even get 0-16. 😒

I was gonna point that out. Whether they win or lose the Cup, at least they got that one monkey off their back, by getting their 1st ever Cup Final win.

Archived