Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

The first bolded part of your post make it sound like Binnington is precisely the second coming of Martin Brodeur, actually.

That's kind of a hot take on my part, yes. Brodeur was very good but I'll never rate him in Roy or Hasek's class from that era.

The guy won two Vezinas after that dominant mid-2000s defense broke up. I wasn’t a Brodeur fan by any means, but he’s easily top 3 all-time.

While we’re here, anybody else got some goaltending hot takes? 

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

8 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

About this? Most certainly. And oh so much more.

It would probably be easier to create a list of things the league shouldn’t be embarrassed about.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

The St. Louis Blues better win lol.

D8bSy-1UIAEBCfI?format=png&name=small

Obvious fake. But nonetheless, I'm good with the city of Boston getting denied a title.

PS these ice hockey refs are brutallllllllllll

6uXNWAo.png

Loss in 6 is off the table.

*Begins breathing heavily into a paper bag.*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

7 hours ago, Lafarge said:

While we’re here, anybody else got some goaltending hot takes? 

Braden Holtby is the best postseason goalie of our generation

spacer.png

I think we all can acknowledge that there was a missed tripping call that should have went against the Blues. But let's not pretend (1) that the Bruins didn't have their chances and failed to capitalize on them, (2) that the Blues are never penalized or that the refs are blind to Blues penalties considering Boston had three powerplay opportunities, and (3) that a single missed powerplay opportunity that could have resulted in a goal somehow means that the game was robbed from the Bruins.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

1 hour ago, Maroon said:

I think we all can acknowledge that there was a missed tripping call that should have went against the Blues. But let's not pretend (1) that the Bruins didn't have their chances and failed to capitalize on them, (2) that the Blues are never penalized or that the refs are blind to Blues penalties considering Boston had three powerplay opportunities, and (3) that a single missed powerplay opportunity that could have resulted in a goal somehow means that the game was robbed from the Bruins.

You're right, Bruins had plenty of chances to score and they just could not get it done. That's 100% on the Bruins, not the refs.

But to say the refs aren't blind? There we 2 blatant hits to the head in the corner right in front of the ref. The one on Johannson resulting in a meeting with NHL Player Safety, and the hit on Krug which was more of an elbow than anything. The elbow could've been called or not called, I'm not that upset it wasn't. Then you have the holding on Krug that led directly to Krecji having to make a kick save and a beaut. Do missed calls go both ways? Absolutely. But did 2 incredibly missed calls lead directly to scoring chances? Yeah, and that's what you can't have happen - not in June.

The fact that the Blues were the least penalized team going into the Final is astonishing.

1 hour ago, speedy said:

You're right, Bruins had plenty of chances to score and they just could not get it done. That's 100% on the Bruins, not the refs.

But to say the refs aren't blind? There we 2 blatant hits to the head in the corner right in front of the ref. The one on Johannson resulting in a meeting with NHL Player Safety, and the hit on Krug which was more of an elbow than anything. The elbow could've been called or not called, I'm not that upset it wasn't. Then you have the holding on Krug that led directly to Krecji having to make a kick save and a beaut. Do missed calls go both ways? Absolutely. But did 2 incredibly missed calls lead directly to scoring chances? Yeah, and that's what you can't have happen - not in June.

The fact that the Blues were the least penalized team going into the Final is astonishing.

My point was not that the refs don't ever miss penalties that should be on the Blues. My point was that the refs do call penalties on the Blues (in fact, they've called more penalties on the Blues than the Bruins consistently, even after Berube's comments after Game 3) so it's a ridiculous notion that somehow the refs aren't willing to penalize the Blues.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Honestly, I'm  more pissed at what a blatantly missed call that was. 

Sure it takes that goal away, maybe the Bruins tie it maybe they don't (like their PP has done anything since game 3)

It's one thing if it was one of those tough "50/50" calls, But to miss such a clear call like that, when the ref is staring directly at it, watching it happen, that's just an embarrassment for the league, and officiating. 

On 6/6/2019 at 11:40 PM, Cujo said:

Obvious fake. But nonetheless, I'm good with the city of Boston getting denied a title.

PS these ice hockey refs are brutallllllllllll

No I’m pretty sure that’s very real... However I think it was made back in 2015 when the Wild ended beating the Blues in the first round in 6 games. It’s not that hard to change the 5 to a 9... It’s one little line

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived