2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, henburg said:

THANK YOU

but for real, I get the hate for the new uniforms. They're garish and the elements don't particularly flow well together. That said, these old uniforms were NOT GOOD and they were never considered good (until the change) for a reason. It's like torture for me watching everybody praise this look all of a sudden after it received nothing but hate for the greater part of a decade. The new look didn't get it quite right but it's fixable. 

Yes, I have that fix right here...

spacer.png

1 minute ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I disagree.  Red/Gold vs. Red/Lighter Gold.  Yawn.

Disagree all you want.  In the past 13 years, we've had the Patriots with their dopey side panels and unmatching piping 6 times, the Seahawks' abominations twice, the Broncos' "we started this modern nonsense" uniforms twice, and once each for the Falcons' "electrocuted dog" specials, the Eagles depressive-disorder green, the Ravens' vomit inducing black pants, and the Arizona Cardinals wearing the uniform of the current Arizona Cardinals.  In the words and wisdom of @infrared41 don't talk to me about how the colors "go together", those are two gorgeous uniforms... end of story. 

Yep. This is a case of two teams wearing their best, head to head. Even with all the red, there’s still sufficient contrast with the 49ers’ gold helmet and pants. Not the best matchup of all time, but barring the Chiefs being stupid and going mono-red, this will be one of the best in a while.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

39 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Disagree all you want.  In the past 13 years, we've had the Patriots with their dopey side panels and unmatching piping 6 times, the Seahawks' abominations twice, the Broncos' "we started this modern nonsense" uniforms twice, and once each for the Falcons' "electrocuted dog" specials, the Eagles depressive-disorder green, the Ravens' vomit inducing black pants, and the Arizona Cardinals wearing the uniform of the current Arizona Cardinals.  In the words and wisdom of @infrared41 don't talk to me about how the colors "go together", those are two gorgeous uniforms... end of story. 

Preach, brother. I could not agree more. 

BB52Big.jpg

4 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Can the Niners wear their throwbacks or is that out of the question? Not saying they should and/or would but just wondering...

They’re apparently trying to get the league’s approval to do just that...

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Forty-Niners are pretty much my fave or 2nd fave helmet in the NFL.  It's one of a few I don't mind a grey facemask.   I prefer SF in whites, as red in all sports unis "pops" so much.  Gold under the red-numerals on white is a perfect balance.

I am not in favor or their all-whites throwback as the game becomes just too white blinded - like old skool college games (think Nebraska vs. Oklahoma).

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I hope the league turns them down. Those uniforms have a gold helmet and no other gold. Their regular whites have excellent color balance.

2 hours ago, Primzahl said:

Super Bowl teams whose main color is red have coincidentally worn their home-red jerseys every time since 1991, and are 5-0 in that span. That'll both continue and end in Super Bowl 54.

XXIX - 49ers in red over Chargers

XXXVII - Buccaneers in red over Raiders

XLIII - Cardinals in red lose to Steelers

XLVII - 49ers in red lose to Ravens

LI - Falcons in red blow 28-3 lead and lose to Patriots

47 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

And if the Niners decided to go rogue, what can the league really do? Issue a fine...yawn. I say go for it. 

Archived