2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

3 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

I never noticed that the Saints super bowl patch was more on the shoulder than the chest of their jersey

Yeah, the Falcons did something similar in XXXIII:

spacer.png

It’s such an odd placement, I don’t really understand it.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/20/2020 at 12:05 PM, SFGiants58 said:

The white throwbacks are trash.

Agreed. And this is water under the bridge, but those are not even throwbacks. The 49ers wore the white jerseys with black drop shadow a total of one time prior to 1994. (1955, one game).  And even then it was paired with different sleeve stripes and a red helmet.

Unless you want to say it was a throwback to the 1994 fauxback. 

Just wanted to get that off my chest. 

3 hours ago, canzman said:

Super Bowl LIV
NFC Champion 49ers vs. AFC Champion Chiefs
OefP63A.jpgx4uYYBC.jpg

This is a great uniform matchup. My only gripe is that they have the same main color - but they look much more different than the 1990 Giants and Bills did, at least. Good contrast. 

Fwiw, during the summer I was thinking about teams that had a shot at being contenders and what might be a good-looking Super Bowl matchup, and determined Colts in blue against 49ers in white would be excellent - but thought the Colts had a much better chance of actually getting there. Then Andrew Luck retired and San Fran’s defense improved more than most were expecting, and boom. 

17 hours ago, Fjm said:

Agreed. And this is water under the bridge, but those are not even throwbacks. The 49ers wore the white jerseys with black drop shadow a total of one time prior to 1994. (1955, one game).  And even then it was paired with different sleeve stripes and a red helmet.

Unless you want to say it was a throwback to the 1994 fauxback. 

Just wanted to get that off my chest. 

That's exactly what they're a throwback to. They're 94 throwbacks. When they were announced last year all the marketing was as a throwback to 94.

On 1/20/2020 at 10:15 PM, Mr. Krabs said:

The Gridiron Field Database is predicting the midfield logo will get the NFL100 logo on it, the same way the gold shield was used for Super Bowl 50 and the NFL75 logo was used for Super Bowl XXIX.

http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/controller/controller.php?action=view-single-field&title=2019_SF-KC^sb&image_path=http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/images/super-bowls/54/r1024/54.png

That is correct:

22 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

Confirmed Chiefs uniform for Super Bowl 

Red over White—just as they should be.

While this year’s Super Bowl is a bit red-heavy, it’s a fresh breath of air from all the blue and black that we’ve seen.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

1 hour ago, BrianLion said:

when was the last time the Super Bowl had no black and no blue in it?  Super Bowl XIX? (Niners vs Dolphins)  

Both teams technically have black in their logos too, as an outline, while not appearing elsewhere on the uniform. As it's likely been pointed out, both teams are red with yellow/gold, wear traditional unis, haven't won the Super Bowl in years but do have titles, and have a simple logo of city initials in a shape.

45 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Both teams technically have black in their logos too, as an outline, while not appearing elsewhere on the uniform. As it's likely been pointed out, both teams are red with yellow/gold, wear traditional unis, haven't won the Super Bowl in years but do have titles, and have a simple logo of city initials in a shape.

Does outlines really count?

1 hour ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Does outlines really count?

On this site is really depends on who you're talking to, but to me not really.

Logos are an element of the overall look and there's black in the logo, but it's minimal obviously. Black would look out of place anywhere else on the Chief uniform, while the 9ers used to use black more. Both are great looks that don't need black (including their logos IMO).

8 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

There's a lot that can be criticized about the standardized Super Bowl logos, but the one thing they've absolutely nailed is the jersey patch application. Since Super Bowl XLVII, the patches have looked awesome. They're just shiny enough to stand out on the jersey and really give it that big game feel. 

I think they've also done a good job with stadium and merchandise colors and decorations. That's what I look forward to seeing every year.

11 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

Red over White—just as they should be.

While this year’s Super Bowl is a bit red-heavy, it’s a fresh breath of air from all the blue and black that we’ve seen.

I think the red/yellow/gold heavy will pop out really well against the aqua livery around Hard Rock Stadium. If we'd got this match up for say, Super Bowl LI in Houston the amount of red would have been over bearing. 

On 1/20/2020 at 10:15 PM, Mr. Krabs said:

The Gridiron Field Database is predicting the midfield logo will get the NFL100 logo on it, the same way the gold shield was used for Super Bowl 50 and the NFL75 logo was used for Super Bowl XXIX.

http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/controller/controller.php?action=view-single-field&title=2019_SF-KC^sb&image_path=http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/images/super-bowls/54/r1024/54.png

Not actually a prediction. I'm updating the field as more information comes out. So when I change the field on the GFD, its based on something I've actually seen. 

In other field news, the 49ers are going with their classic saloon font in their endzone, and possibly a helmet in the endzone (much like you'd see on their home field). No news from the Chiefs yet, but I'd expect the endzones to be painted soon, now that we know the NFL has at least the 49ers team choice for endzone.

Source on the 49ers endzone here (thanks to @DZhttps://theathletic.com/1554880/2020/01/22/white-jerseys-and-a-saloon-font-end-zone-10-details-about-49ers-super-bowl-week-in-miami/?source=shared-article

Archived