2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

buzzcut

13 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I'm fine with just about any team that isn't The Lakers winning. 

Would love to see Giannis get his ring finally. You know, someone that actually deserves it. 

What makes him deserve it over anyone else. If he chokes in the playoffs again it’s on him. You only deserve the championship by winning it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, dont care said:

What makes him deserve it over anyone else. If he chokes in the playoffs again it’s on him. You only deserve the championship by winning it.

Because he's been one of the top players in the league for a long time, and a ring is the only thing he is really missing.

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

I just want him to high-tail it out of Milwaukee, letting the Bucks slide back into Seattle

Something like that.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Grizzlies/Jazz game is a battle of teal vs. purple. I lived through the 90's just so I could wait another 20 years to have such a glorious matchup.

I forgive you all for trying to take this away from me, but only because I'm better than you.

EDIT: Jazz are on a 22-1 run. Maybe I shouldn't be a basketball fan.

I think the new Bucks look is pretty good. Either way I don't see how anyone could hate them. Small-market team with a charismatic young star with a great story, they've drafted well and, eventually, even found a decent coach.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 8/4/2020 at 2:55 PM, AustinFromBoston said:

I'm fine with just about any team that isn't The Lakers winning. 

Would love to see Giannis get his ring finally. You know, someone that actually deserves it. 

I've been away from live sports for a few days, as I just moved into a new place. I just watched the highlights of the Lakers-Raptors restart game. We really don't get any respect at all from the US commentators, despite being the champions of the whole damn league.

To reply to your comment about Giannis more directly though - yeah, if he's MVP-caliber, perhaps he deserves to win a championship. But he still has to earn it - and that probably involves beating the defending champs as well as whomever the Western Conference sends to the Finals.

2 minutes ago, Digby said:

I think the new Bucks look is pretty good. Either way I don't see how anyone could hate them. Small-market team with a charismatic young star with a great story, they've drafted well and, eventually, even found a decent coach.

The whole saga around the new arena, me not having access to a street near my apartment due to construction (I lived in Milwaukee during the construction), and my distaste for the team’s uniforms make me dislike them.

9 minutes ago, Digby said:

I love seeing the Bucks do a basketball. I love seeing such a big star in a (relatively) small market. I just think their look is a C at best and they've never been able to ascend beyond that.

EDIT

5 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

The whole saga around the new arena, me not having access to a street near my apartment due to construction (I lived in Milwaukee during the construction), and my distaste for the team’s uniforms make me dislike them.

This all seems really petty and I am all for it.

51 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

I love seeing the Bucks do a basketball. I love seeing such a big star in a (relatively) small market. I just think their look is a C at best and they've never been able to ascend beyond that.

I mostly agree with you in terms of the jerseys, but the classic Bango logo is an A++. I love this friggin guy.

42-420155_collection-of-free-bucked-milw 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

20 minutes ago, Digby said:

I mostly agree with you in terms of the jerseys, but the classic Bango logo is an A++. I love this friggin guy.

42-420155_collection-of-free-bucked-milw 

I'd buy that on a Christmas sweater. Also, just the B sweater.

Lakers clinched the 1 and are down the better part of 20. Why are LeBron and AD playing 25+ minutes?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived