2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I hope the Kings have the current crown with the purple & gold.  Those colors are great for the Kings.

I thought the Sharks were getting a Seals inspired uniform?  Or was that a concept?

In 89, they used the logo that had the wordmark in motion, I think we're going to see the Gretzky era jersey in the purple and gold.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

26 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I hope the Kings have the current crown with the purple & gold.  Those colors are great for the Kings.

I thought the Sharks were getting a Seals inspired uniform?  Or was that a concept?

Kings: Looks like a purple, yellow white version of the great one jerseys.

sharks: It looks like they took their home from 98 and just flipped the black with the teal. All of these jerseys are going to look great. It'll be hard not to want to purchase every one.

I’m so much more on board with this than the NBA City Edition. I think we’ll actually get some pretty good uniforms out of this, and even the inevitable bad ones are still going to be fun at the very least (and on-brand, whether with current ties or historical ties). I mean, I know that white Wild Wing sweater is going to be bad, but I’m still hyped for it anyway. This right here is how you do a league-wide alternate program.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. If they were using yellow as their away color it would be a completely different conversation, and yellow helmets would make more sense. That's not what they're doing, though.

Using yellow helmets with their old set was still a move in the wrong direction for a home set, as I believe the navy looked better. When they went with a look that has minimal navy, as part of the Adidas move, they almost certainly should have moved back to navy helmets. The current look has no sense of balance or restraint.

I do love the Predators' yellow. Yellow, though should be used as the light colour base, looks great with yellow helmets. Navy helmets are already used by other teams.

Therefore, yes, we'll agree to disagree.

Cheers.

1 minute ago, Chromatic said:

I do think its kind of weird they're not modelling the jerseys on players in pads though

These are basically glorified fashion jerseys, so having a hoodie underneath them makes sense.

Not any big surprises from the Pacific previews. Not a huge fan of the white numbers on the Kings' yellow sleeve stripes, but that's more of a nitpick. 

20 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

These are basically glorified fashion jerseys, so having a hoodie underneath them makes sense.

Not any big surprises from the Pacific previews. Not a huge fan of the white numbers on the Kings' yellow sleeve stripes, but that's more of a nitpick. 

No but if they are going to wear them on the ice, even for a one off game, it makes sense to model them on the players. People are going to be far more interested in buying a jersey they actually see on a hockey player.

4 minutes ago, kw11333 said:

Anyone have any idea to what logo the Flames are going to have on the chest? The Flaming horse would just be a straight up throwback

They must be inverting the stripes to make it a reverse retro - which is why the C on the shoulder is white instead of red. Not sure exactly what they're doing but looks interesting.

9 minutes ago, kw11333 said:

Anyone have any idea to what logo the Flames are going to have on the chest? The Flaming horse would just be a straight up throwback

Probably using the 80's red and gold, if I had to guess; the gold on the previews looks too vibrant for the original Blasty color scheme, which was a much more muted shade.

Archived