2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

On 1/11/2020 at 7:13 PM, DastardlyRidleylash said:

On the topic of the Canucks...

spacer.png

Looks like they have a special Chinese Lunar New Year jersey.

I think the Canucks should have used this gold rink logo for their alternate, at least for this season.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Has it been discussed in this thread the report a week or so ago from Michael Russo of the Athletic talking about potential throwbacks?

I guess he said on his podcast earlier this week these league-wide throwbacks will happen next year.

I'm looking forward to the Wings' '96-'97 throwbacks.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

On 1/14/2020 at 4:18 PM, GMW79 said:

I'm looking forward to the Wings' '96-'97 throwbacks.

I have a feeling the league wide throwbacks is not only a mistake but it is also something that should have been done during the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons.  

I mean there are teams that have been essentially been wearing throwbacks so that would make it kind of silly.

57 minutes ago, roxfan00 said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Can't unsee the napkins tucked in at the collar for the lobster feast

And the sleeves and back are so boring.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

You can see it in their faces that they don't like those jerseys either

The worst part of these jerseys is the Altitude TV crew having to hype them up and saw how AMAZING the design is and how POPULAR they are....

18 hours ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

I think one of you on here said that Seattle is going to have their name and logo announced during the all star break. Is this gonna happen? if no then when?

All Star break was the original rumored target, but that was never certain.

I don't know if this is quite the right thread, but man, the selection of hats the NHL has now is awful. I need a fitted hat (I have a giant head, size 8 hat), and I was thinking a Canucks skate logo hat like I had back in the 90's would be nice.  There simply aren't any fitted hats in the retro colour scheme, which seems like a huge missed merchandise opportunity. 

In fact, there are only two fitted hat options at all for the Canucks. 

4 minutes ago, Corvus said:

I don't know if this is quite the right thread, but man, the selection of hats the NHL has now is awful. I need a fitted hat (I have a giant head, size 8 hat), and I was thinking a Canucks skate logo hat like I had back in the 90's would be nice.  There simply aren't any fitted hats in the retro colour scheme, which seems like a huge missed merchandise opportunity. 

It's also hard finding decent hats and the Green and Blue scheme.  They always seem to mess up the design by having the Orca two small or not having green and blue separated by white.

59 minutes ago, Corvus said:

You are in Vancouver right?

Check out Vancity Sports.  They do have fitted hats in retro colour scheme on their website.  Might be able to find what you are looking for with them.

http://www.vancitysports.com/hockey/

14 minutes ago, GFB said:

This is very random, but this North Stars concept by Allan Peters is amazing:

Plus, a fun thought experiment:

Two of the best singular sports design ideas I’ve ever seen/heard. Great thinking often sparks more of it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It took me forever to realize that the blank space was an "N". It's super spread out and not a great look. At first glance, it looks like someone just slapped 4 stars on the jersey... It definitely has some potential, but it needs some tweaks.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I saw the star immediately.

Maybe I'd use it for an All-Star Game in Minnesota but I'd be extremely reluctant to get rid of the N-Star in some form or another.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived