Logos Killed by Fan Revolts

3 hours ago, Lafarge said:

How is that logo any more generic than the logo they retained?

logo.png

At least with that new one the letters are legible.

The old one atleast looks nice. The proposed new one looks generic as hell. 

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Generic” is one of those words that has seemed to lose all meaning. 

If nothing else, moving the letters so the star lines up with the negative space in the “A” makes it less generic than three double-outlined block letters dropped on top of a state outline. 

54 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

“Generic” is one of those words that has seemed to lose all meaning. 

If nothing else, moving the letters so the star lines up with the negative space in the “A” makes it less generic than three double-outlined block letters dropped on top of a state outline. 

This exactly. The terms “generic” and “Madden Create-a-team” are basically translation for “I don’t like the new logo and don’t want to take the three seconds it takes to put why I don’t like it into words.”

For instance, I like the new one better because each of the letters is legible, the font is unique as opposed to standard block, I’m not a big fan of double outlines as used, and I like how the star and the letter A interact.

It’s actually pretty easy

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 4:25 PM, MDGP said:

How is that logo any more generic than the logo they retained?

logo.png

At least with that new one the letters are legible.

When I see this logo (which is like every four Marchs) I see it as "SEA". I've never been able to unsee it for whatever reason

6uXNWAo.png

On 1/18/2020 at 1:06 PM, MDGP said:

This exactly. The terms “generic” and “Madden Create-a-team” are basically translation for “I don’t like the new logo and don’t want to take the three seconds it takes to put why I don’t like it into words.”

Same with "it's lazy".

People who say "they should just modernize it" or "it's lazy" or "it's generic" without adding more details should be suspended for a week.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, beachperroAZ said:

Too bad the Chicago Fire front office didn't listen to their fans...

Rumor has it they are looking at getting rid of it after the season, but if they don't go back to something like the original, is it worth it? 

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/02/after-just-one-year-leaked-chicago-fire.html

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Rumor has it they are looking at getting rid of it after the season, but if they don't go back to something like the original, is it worth it? 

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/02/after-just-one-year-leaked-chicago-fire.html

That is such a relief!!!  They should scrap it now and use uniforms from last season if they have any left in stock LOL. 

19 hours ago, beachperroAZ said:

Too bad the Chicago Fire front office didn't listen to their fans...

Same for the idiot Browns owners. They took "don't change the helmet" as make that stupid outdated thing a logo and put it on everything.

You can spot different ways of release a new logo (in most cases) between USA and Europe. In USA clubs produce tons of merchandise and then release new logo. In Europe clubs release new logo at first and after that they starts to produce new merchandise.

4r2eer.png

7 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

No idea why fans hated this. I thought it was pretty cool

I think it may be a "college" thing.  If a logo doesn't evoke the look or feel of their time at college, alumni can raise a stink.  This husky logo seemed to get a lot of love everywhere except in Washington.

yer7kx9iyefegr281fmaap900.gif

On 12/30/2019 at 12:55 AM, Germanshepherd said:

a0qSiGM.jpgUNLV- Another one I thought was a clear upgrade, but the fans said no 

It looks cool, but I can't tell what this logo is supposed to be. Only thing I can make out is the hat and the star

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

It took me a long time to understand that UNLV logo.  For a while I saw a forward-facing frog...the star was its right eye.  At some point I understood it but I wonder if it is a bit abstract for fans to understand it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 2/14/2020 at 4:57 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Yes, the academic logo that looked like a Merrill Lynch subsidiary. 

Funny thing about that. USF was building a new med school facility in downtown Tampa (or, as I've always called it since a few days ago, the Big Guava) and put the new, hated logo up near the top. Everyone hated it, but it was just there, like a huge shame beacon 😛

They eventually replaced it with the horned U logo.

Archived