Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

14 hours ago, Buc said:

Not for nothing (especially since they're gone now), but I had always wished the Falcons kept black as their primary jersey then--amd that they had worn this criminally underused combo more often:

f7d6be18a565290f568921eb97860aed.jpg

To pair with this...

Michael_Vick,_November_2006_(1).jpg

Those were my two favorite combos. 

That white on black is an all time great combo for that era 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

That white on black is an all time great combo for that era 

I can see the appeal of that combo, but I really don't care for that white jersey. 

Someone had pointed out earlier how this Falcons set didn't have as much of the egregious piping issues as the Cardinals or Buccaneers have. And I think that's true of the black uniforms. But these white ones, with the black underarm panels and the red-on-white piping that stands out significantly more, have way too much going on. 

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I can see the appeal of that combo, but I really don't care for that white jersey. 

Someone had pointed out earlier how this Falcons set didn't have as much of the egregious piping issues as the Cardinals or Buccaneers have. And I think that's true of the black uniforms. But these white ones, with the black underarm panels and the red-on-white piping that stands out significantly more, have way too much going on. 

Yeah. The black uniforms they wear now, for better or worse, feel way more “Falcons” to me than anything from the old set did. The style doesn’t work as well for the white set, and it isn’t only because the white socks are so hideous. 

On 10/16/2020 at 10:22 AM, Durden said:

Still not great, however, this would be a much better look than the current uniforms, which are the worst in the league. Without question the worst uniforms in the NFL.

You are forgetting the titans and rams. They’re all bad but atleast the falcons are bare-able minus going monochrome 

50 minutes ago, dont care said:

You are forgetting the titans and rams. They’re all bad but atleast the falcons are bare-able minus going monochrome 

Minus going monochrome?  When is that going to happen?

If the Falcons uniforms are bearable minus going monochrome, then I guess they aren't bearable, huh?

The Falcons have been playing with their field designs a lot this year. So far they’ve done black endzones, plain colored endzones, and now they have gradient red to black endzones but the effect doesn’t really work so they mostly just look red.

You can see in this video that they tried to use the same effect with the eye of the Falcon for the gradient as the jersey.

If you’re not sure what I’m talking about, check the pattern on the jersey:

spacer.png

I’ll accept the heat for this take, but I really can’t bring myself to hate the gradient jerseys as much as I thought I would... 

Obviously, a solid red jersey would be preferable, and I’d maybe even want to see red pants so that the stripe could match, but from a distance I honestly like the general black/red/black combo, and don’t find the gradient to be all that noticeable. If anything, I found the Lions’ mismatching grays to be more egregious in the matchup.

I’d say the all-white remains my least-favorite combo in this set, and that mostly rests on the team’s refusal so far to wear black socks or pants.

I think they look great. Far from the best uniform of all time, but it's not egregious. Looks a lot better than the all-blue + silver helmet look the Patriots have.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The shade of red is vibrant and pops well, which is good. It looks better than it did in the release photos.

That being said, you can't tell me it's a good look. It'd look 1000x better if it was just a full-red jersey w/black pants. 

The only major thing holding back the Falcons set for me is the number font, and I don't even hate that as much as I used to. The red to black gradient just really feels like it belongs to Atlanta and it's a cool futuristic look. 

The Lions on the other hand need to torch this grey set. I mean their helmets are silver, not grey, and the color just has never worked as a primary for them. This game would have looked so much better with the Lions in white.

spacer.png

22 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Thoughts?  Yes.  🤢🤮

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

22 hours ago, bucky_bleichert said:

it looks like they’re playing in red half shirts on top of body-length black tights 

Yes. That, or they're wearing really high-waisted pants. 

This has probably already been mentioned on here, but Adidas had this issue last year with some European soccer kits, notably Manchester United, that were criticized as appearing to be high-waisted.

The half-shirt corollary is perfect. For players wearing rib pads, it appears the black-to-red transition happens right at a point where the pads protrude, giving the impression that the red is a different layer from the black. 

Archived