Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, FFWally said:

OK< so I have been playing around with this for a while. Imagining what Nike might do with the Rams number set. 

https://s3.amazonaws.com/6silo.penzu.com/photos/3848701/big/Number_Set_2x.png?1514779017

I like that. It's subtle enough to not be distracting, but gives the numbering a bit of flair.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

The more I see that throwback, the more I'm hoping that the Rams fix the helmet color if they decide to go with royal and yellow. I still like the throwback uniform alot but in today's era of 4K HDTV's that dark navy helmet is just not working at all.

The Giants had the same problem back in the day, and fixed it just fine when they re-introduced their classic uniforms.  

top50-3s-17-web.jpg2941b4c74fb4510dbd9b826c84eed901--giants

I’m confident the Rams can use a similar solution. 

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Holy :censored: , that was a great-looking game today. 

DSaXqYIWsAIYfPd.jpg

The 49ers have done their part, learning from past mistakes and finally looking like themselves again. Let’s hope the Rams are wise enough to do the same.  

Rams vs. Niners should be one of the best uniform matchups twice a year.

It should never look like this again, but it probably will.

1cvcb9X.jpg

13 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The more I see that throwback, the more I'm hoping that the Rams fix the helmet color if they decide to go with royal and yellow. I still like the throwback uniform alot but in today's era of 4K HDTV's that dark navy helmet is just not working at all.

I would prefer to see them split the difference when it comes to the shade of blue. The navy helmet is far too dark, but I'd like to see them darken the jerseys just a touch.

My ideal situation with the 2 LA teams would see the Rams using darker royal & yellow, with white only used on the road jerseys, and the Chargers using powder blue & white, with yellow trim. Both schemes are fitting for SoCal teams, and are distinct enough from each other.

41 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

I would prefer to see them split the difference when it comes to the shade of blue. The navy helmet is far too dark, but I'd like to see them darken the jerseys just a touch.

My ideal situation with the 2 LA teams would see the Rams using darker royal & yellow, with white only used on the road jerseys, and the Chargers using powder blue & white, with yellow trim. Both schemes are fitting for SoCal teams, and are distinct enough from each other.

Rams go with:

21586954_10156288362723484_7324573131217

21686100_10156288669628484_2557002613720

21765191_10156291480203484_7382776993792

21752314_10156288462448484_8271055651154

21950030_10156288617143484_3530850332117

Chargers go with:

725zz6.jpg

250powderbluelt.jpg?itok=8nJFwidA&timest

j806dy.jpg

9658977-nfl-tennessee-titans-at-san-dieg

philip-rivers-nfl-kansas-city-chiefs-san

22 minutes ago, colortv said:

Rams go with:

21586954_10156288362723484_7324573131217

21686100_10156288669628484_2557002613720

21765191_10156291480203484_7382776993792

21752314_10156288462448484_8271055651154

21950030_10156288617143484_3530850332117

Chargers go with:

725zz6.jpg

250powderbluelt.jpg?itok=8nJFwidA&timest

j806dy.jpg

9658977-nfl-tennessee-titans-at-san-dieg

philip-rivers-nfl-kansas-city-chiefs-san

All this yellow talk is annoying with the rams,  they have worn blue through most of there history and the royal that is used on the throwbacks is bright enough as it is to work in the California sun. Yellow as an alternate would be great, yellow as the primary probably won't go over well for me or many other Rams fans who want the team to go as close to the throwback look as possible.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

1 hour ago, masterchaoss said:

All this yellow talk is annoying with the rams,  they have worn blue through most of there history and the royal that is used on the throwbacks is bright enough as it is to work in the California sun. Yellow as an alternate would be great, yellow as the primary probably won't go over well for me or many other Rams fans who want the team to go as close to the throwback look as possible.

Eh...I think it's time for the Rams to get a new look while paying homage to the past like they've said.

The throwbacks have history in St. Louis too and I think the Rams should do as much as possible to give the franchise a new, fresh look.

It's about building on the idea that this is a new era.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

No - that’s way too dark and dreary for the Rams.  They need something like Dodger Blue - a darker shade of royal, but royal nonetheless. 

712AZH0bgrL._UL1500_.jpg

This would be my preference as well. Start with the classic LA Rams look. Darken the blue a little, match the helmet, clean up the shoulders and go with the solid pant stripe they introduced this season (maybe clean up the numerals and lettering a little).

If, however, (and only if) they were to decide on a yellow primary jersey, I don’t mind navy blue at all. I certainly can’t see a yellow jersey making them look “dark and dreary” no matter what the other color is. :-)

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, Ark said:

People really don't like the darker helmets? 

As long as I've been a member of this board (and the two years before as a lurker) one of the most frequent retro uniform complaints has been the "two blues" that the LA Rams & NY Giants used to wear.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

3 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

As long as I've been a member of this board (and the two years before as a lurker) one of the most frequent retro uniform complaints has been the "two blues" that the LA Rams & NY Giants used to wear.

Not from me - I liked it.  Something about it just looked tough to me.  Maybe because I was a kid.

The Giants current helmet is beautiful.  They crushed it with the new blue and the metallic paint.  

I didn't like the photos that were posted of another Rams team with the Rams helmet in royal rather than navy.  I think I'd prefer for it to stay navy.  They can sell it as an homage to the past.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think no matter what the Rams do they should keep the white horns for away games. Their road uniforms could be blue and white and the home unis can be blue and gold. Blue and gold uniforms are nicer but the white horned helmet is one of my favorite helmets of all time.

39 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

I think no matter what the Rams do they should keep the white horns for away games.

Even before the one-helmet rule, NFL regs prohibited home and road helmets.  The Seahawks wanted to do this as part of their 2002 rebrand.  When they unveiled their uniforms, the roads included a silver helmet:

Chadeaton.jpeg 2002_seahawks_helmets.jpg

This was vetoed by the league, and I think for good reason.  Helmets are so central to the identity of each team, the NFL didn't want them diluted with home and away versions. I mean, what other sports league is routinely depicted in print and other media solely by a piece of uniform equipment?

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:
1 hour ago, ltjets21 said:

I think no matter what the Rams do they should keep the white horns for away games.

Even before the one-helmet rule, NFL regs prohibited home and road helmets. 

Historical note: the first team to use home and road helmets was the 1997 New York CityHawks of the Arena league.  They used gold at home and black on the road for their two seasons of existence.

Image result for 1997 new york cityhawks helmet  Image result for 1997 new york cityhawks helmet

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

7 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Historical note: the first team to use home and road helmets was the 1997 New York CityHawks of the Arena league.  They used gold at home and black on the road for their two seasons of existence.

Image result for 1997 new york cityhawks helmet  Image result for 1997 new york cityhawks helmet

That may be true of the pro teams in the plastic shell era, but do we know that none of the leather-helmet era teams did it?

21 minutes ago, Gothamite said:
30 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

That may be true of the pro teams in the plastic shell era, but do we know that none of the leather-helmet era teams did it?

Ah, good point.

And let me amend my earlier comment:

The CityHawks used the gold helmet at home and the black helmet on the road only for 1997. In 1998, they reversed it; and they altered their uniform protocol to wear only monochrome.

1997     HOME  ROAD

helmet:  gold    black

jersey:   black   gold

pants:    gold    black    

1998     HOME  ROAD

helmet:  black   gold

jersey:   black   gold

pants:    black   gold    

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived