Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

The helmet graphics aren't always perfect. I forget what channel but they cycle helmets in the backdrop and they almost all have something wrong, facemasks, finish, stripes. Just watch some of the other teams, they aren't perfect. That fracture/wrap-like graphic has every team look metallic.

However, we can probably assume that a helmet is gonna be blue and yellow like that, as they try to be accurate in at least colors and logos. Last year everything was navy and white so *thumbs up*

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Chargers helmet would be better with navy numbers.  It would at least tie the color into the whole package, rather than it just being a uniform that stands out (and looks like) a sore thumb.  They'd also be more legible, which is kinda important if they're eschewing TV numbers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

53 minutes ago, 29texan said:

Has there been ANY word on the full set of uniforms for the Rams yet? 

yeah we’ve all seen them, we’re just not saying anything. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I dunno I keep looking at the media photos and the numbers just aren’t doing it for me. I don’t wanna give them a free pass because they finally got rid of Agency but they’re so safe and bubbly and don’t really fit the rest of the brand like I hoped. Call me crazy but I also think the standalone bolts on the shoulders don’t look as good without the white loops we’re accustomed to. Just minor nitpicks in an otherwise fantastic update. 

Midway.png

spacer.png

SWEET SUCCESS! 

Audacious is the word. Acknowledging their history without derailing their present. I wouldda been good without the royal-blurple Color Rush - The navy CR is bad enough to the bone.

The player's numbers on their helmets is a bold choice. Like the jersey numbers tough, a sharper font wouldda been a lot better. Helmet numbers should be slimmer, and navy blue..

This is the typeface on their 1960s helmets,  The numbers were black.                                       f

spacer.png

wS7MJ6T.png

2 hours ago, heavybass said:

If that is the Rams helmet then it looks like a matte royal blue and segmented horns mostly of sol.

All the angled helmets ESPN uses look matte...because they are graphics, not photos...and those horns aren’t segmented. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 hours ago, San Diego said:

They probably had to scrap what they had done considering the backlash against the logo they received. Haha

I think it's been explained a few times that in 2020 that just isn't possible.  At this point it's all committed and tied up with a bow.  Whatever it is, it's here for a minimum of 5 years.

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Yes.  And we're probably only going to see them in one or two games. ☹️

That's the problem with having two Color Rush sets.

The primary colored jersey is so good, why dilute the brand with two Color Rush alternates?

They should have decided on one alternate.  Personally, I prefer the Navy over the Royal because we're bound to discover in May that the Chargers' Royal jersey is nearly identical to the Rams' primary jersey.

With only one Color Rush alternate, I think we would see the gold pants more often.

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

Archived