Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Yes.  And we're probably only going to see them in one or two games. ☹️

I think it’s much more likely that we’ll see them just about as often as the white pants. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Gobbi said:

Using both shades of blue in the same uniform is what created the need to make the change they just made.

Perhaps... but that set was still mainly good.  It just feels weird to me that they use totally different palettes from week to week.  

It's funny, to me the StL Blues look great in their powder blue and yellow, and I don't really like their dual blue look.  But with the Chargers they seem to be missing something without the navy.  Maybe it's just my age and what I was used to growing up.

8 minutes ago, scraw28 said:

I wonder if they're getting a Mulligan with the uniform design or it is what is it 

I doubt it; they're way too far into the branding process for me to think that can still get the uniforms out in less than a month after pulling a complete Mulligan on them. Especially since we're just over a week to the beginning of May, when they'd have to have finalized things before then.

8 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I doubt it; they're way too far into the branding process for me to think that can still get the uniforms out in less than a month after pulling a complete Mulligan on them. Especially since we're just over a week to the beginning of May, when they'd have to have finalized things before then.

If you see jerseys for sale immediately on unveiling, then this didn't happen. 

It's where I sit.

7 hours ago, heavybass said:

If that is the Rams helmet then it looks like a matte royal blue and segmented horns mostly of sol.

I don't care what anything thinks, I am never going to call the Rams yellow sol. The name is so stupid.

56 minutes ago, doctorpeligro said:

They should have decided on one alternate.  Personally, I prefer the Navy over the Royal because we're bound to discover in May that the Chargers' Royal jersey is nearly identical to the Rams' primary jersey.

Ultimate power move would be the Chargers wearing the Royal Color Rush against the Rams when they "host" them in 2022.

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

Hard to tell anything with all the effects that they got going on.  Kinda just looks like the old helmet but with a blue that's closer to royal.  What looks like gradients is probably just graphic effects.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Hard to tell anything with all the effects that they got going on.  Kinda just looks like the old helmet but with a blue that's closer to royal.  What looks like gradients is probably just graphic effects.

But then why would you have the new logo and wordmark on the old helmet just for a graphic?

14 minutes ago, duxrcool048 said:

But then why would you have the new logo and wordmark on the old helmet just for a graphic?

Because they have to use SOMETHING. 

ETA - which is more likely than 'hey ESPN, here's our new helmet graphic that we haven't released yet -- why don't you use it for your Draft Day graphics?'

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, duxrcool048 said:

Looks like the leaked helmet is the real deal to me. It's got the new LA logo on the front helmet bumper, and new wordmark on the bumper at the back of the helmet.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Umm so that's clearly the old helmet

6uXNWAo.png

I don't think they'd put so much emphasis on the segmented horns in the brand and then...completely neglect to use that brand element on the most visible part of the brand on the uniforms. More likely, it's just a recolor of an existing horn helmet design with the new logos slapped on because the actual helmet hasn't been revealed yet.

7 minutes ago, Maroon&Gold said:

They just used a completely gray helmet for Washington with just the logo having color. I don't think the graphics are totally accurate. That said I hope the graphic they used for the Rams is accurate 

I noticed that too. Although I thought it was black. Whatever color was used, just a really odd choice.

7 hours ago, Cujo said:

Umm so that's clearly the old helmet

It can't be completely the old helmet, it has the new logo on the bumper. 

I think it's probably just a best guess from the graphics people at ESPN. I expect the segmented horn on the new helmet

This is undoubtedly getting too deep into the minutiae here, but there is a discrepancy between the pant bolt in the unveil video and the pant bolt in the press photoillustration.

The bolt trim in the screengrab is thicker, resulting in a shortened "body" of the bolt compared to what is on the photoshopped press photo.

Hopefully the bolts on the real pants will be closer to the photoshopped picture, but we may not find out until August 2021.

On the left is the reoriented primary logo for comparison.

spacer.png

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

Archived