Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

The bone jerseys are getting the brunt of the criticism here, justifiably. But the royal blue homes, which may look perfect upon comparison, have some fundamental flaws. 

Even beyond the gradient numbers, the most egregious issue -- in my opinion -- is that they eliminated the one defining characteristic of Rams uniforms throughout history: The actual sleeve horn.

This isn't a horn, but a full shoulder hoop meant to replicate the pattern of the actual horn. What's odd is that this treatment would be better suited to the Patriots or Colts, rather than the truncated epaulet-style stripes used on those uniforms. 

It's a shame. The Rams horn shoulders was one of the most innovative elements in the history of uniform design, along with the Ram horn helmet. 

EDIT: And yes, I realize the St. Louis-era gold-and-navy set did the same. But these uniforms, in these colors, had all marks of being inspired by the classics and missed on so many levels.

spacer.png

May be an unpopular opinion, but I prefer to only have the ram horns on the helmet. I think it makes the helmet more distinctive, and more (for lack of a better word) ram-like for the horns to only appear there. 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Just now, JayMac said:

Monochrome blue and monochrome grayish-white are the worst combos they have. The gold pants are the only pants that can somewhat salvage the uniforms.

Yeah, the Blue over gold is much better than the all blue. That bone uniform does nothing for me.. Should've just made it white, as it appears in the pic I posted.

11 minutes ago, scouserduke said:

Is it just me or does the horn look a lot less horn-y? 

Rams-new-uniforms-Helmet.jpg?fit=2098%2C1399

la-rams-football-player-helmet-3d-model-max-obj-3ds-fbx-c4d-ma.jpg

We kinda knew that at the logo unveil, as the LA logo doesn’t include the curl.

I think they thought the extra curl was a sign of older animals. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

We kinda knew that at the logo unveil, as the LA logo doesn’t include the curl.

I think they thought the extra curl was a sign of older animals. 

Yeah -- I'm not sure why it's only hitting me now, the logos have been known for a while and I never noticed. Something about seeing it on the helmet, especially in a profile view, it just gets lost...

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

These are the pics that makes them at least decent for me... The helmet is gorgeous (my favorite color)musa2ghfv0gjkhrol6jh.jpgj1elkty15ozlco61fvpq.jpg

I said this way earlier in the thread, but I’ll say it again now...the Rams only need yellow pants for both home and away. The quoted post is beyond proof.

45 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The Patriots' new uniforms are a bad tweak of a uniform that was never that good to begin with. And they're the Patriots, everyone hates them anyway.

The Rams finally got out of that dumpy-ass convention center in St. Louis and went back to Los Angeles where they'd been for almost 50 years, they've flirted with the throwbacks since before they even moved, they had to delay the uniforms a year because the construction site got flooded, and then they completely botch everything that could be botched except for using the vivid colors everyone wanted them to use: they came up with co-primaries that are both kinda bad for different reasons, they messed with their helmet design that had endured for years, they used gradient numbers, they committed the flagrant error of having white, off-white, and yellow all touching each other, and apparently they're obsessed with "bone." All they had to do was look like a major-market charter team and they came out looking dumber than a try-hard expansion team. They underdelivered far worse than the Patriots did, maybe far worse than any team has, given the circumstances.

If you're only going to focus on the bad parts, of course it sounds awful.

To be clear, the road uniform is a disaster. I think the home is fine and salvageable in a way the Pats just isn't and can't be in the 2020 season.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Honestly this number font is worse than my Falcons’. As hideous as that font is, it’s obvious they were riffing on the wordmark they’ve had for over a decade. This number font just reminds me of that period in the concepts section where everybody was using Impact. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

This is actually worse than Atlanta. Only for the simple fact that Atlanta had more options to choose from to get it right. Which in turn meant they had more options to screw it up.

The rams had 1 option to get it right. All they had to do was go back to what they left in. And they completely dropped a turd. There really is nothing redeeming about this. Hell what they had was good till they started adding white face mask and horns etc...

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

EX6G5ndUEAAWvTX?format=jpg&name=small

A white patch on an off-white jersey with yellow stitching?!? What the hell is this? This is awful!

This looks like a Virgil Abloh design. Coincidently his fashion company is called Off-White.

Archived