Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

12 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

On the away uniform, you can then replicate the effect of the LA monogram on light backgrounds by making the front horn blue. In this way, you have a distinction between solid blue forms and bone/orange/yellow gradient. 

qDXp3mv.png

los_angeles_rams_2020-pres.png

Definitely rough, but man oh man does that look 1000x better. That would actually be a really nice uniform.

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I wonder if the Rams had gone whole hog on the gradient if that improves the look. It certainly makes the 3D effect of the horns easier to pick out.

fPvtYAl.png

Oh no. I’m not feeling that at all. To me the horns on the new home jersey fix the biggest mistake made with the LA horn logo. The gradient from white to yellow.

13 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

On the away uniform, you can then replicate the effect of the LA monogram on light backgrounds by making the front horn blue. In this way, you have a distinction between solid blue forms and bone/orange/yellow gradient. 

qDXp3mv.png

los_angeles_rams_2020-pres.png

I still don’t get why this version exists. The horn is completely gone. Those who see a crescent moon or a banana would be completely justified here.

16 minutes ago, JLJ said:

That’s the most annoying part. Gradient numbers aside, they successfully made a modern version of the home royal/yellow uniform. Boggles my mind they didn’t make a Bone road version modeled after this and put them over the new yellow pants. It was right there.

The tweet below nails it. He fixed the numbers, but everything else is the modern look and it’s beautiful. Model 1 and 3 should be the Rams we see today. Sigh.

This confirms to me personally that had they truly unified thier look across the board like this, they’d have come out with a good set. Not amazing, but still plenty good. It’s beyond frustrating that this isn’t the final product when it absolutely could’ve been. Even the Fearsome Foursome inspired alternate is, in all honesty, really darn good. 

*long, drawn out sigh*

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I don't think this set can ever look good with the split horn. That's by far the worst part about this set. Honestly I can't name one good thing about this set. The blue is almost too bright, it should be less saturated, especially on the helmet, the bone is god awful, the font is awful, the patches are awful, the lack of continuity between the home and away is awful, the striping mishaps are awful. This is worse than the Falcons, this is Browns level bad. 

What they honestly should have done is taken the last of the St. Louis era, made some tweaks and swapped the navy and gold for dark royal and yellow. The greatest show on turf era wouldn't work with the modern cut well enough, the later St. Louis era was a tremendous update to the shoulder horns. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I’m with you, the segmented horns are stupid. Why do they have to be cut into 2 pieces?  It makes no sense and doesn’t make it look 3D if that is what they were attempting. 

6 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Really surprised (or maybe just disappointed) by how well received the new helmet horns are. In my mind it is the most egregious mistake with the new uniforms, other than the nametags

They needed to either be solid or curl at the end. The segmentation and the lack of curl combination really screwed the pooch. 

14 minutes ago, ramsker said:

They needed to either be solid or curl at the end. The segmentation and the lack of curl combination really screwed the pooch. 

How bout both?

The more I see the helmet (and I like it) the more I think the old decals would look far better. I really don't like the forced 3-D approach. 

Judging by pictures and a description I found...I think the Rams helmet technically has the same finish as the Jets, just blue. 

Siciliano has to say nice things about it, what with him being at NFL Network and the NFL Media studios being at SoFi. He doesn't want to get dirty looks in the parking lot. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think the bone set can actually be salvaged by throwing a blue stripe on the pants to break up the light on light on light monotony.  And since they're pants they can probably throw in a rush order and avoid NFL waiting periods.

VmWIn6B.png

Not trying to defend these, but curious:

For those pointing out the inconsistency of gradient numbers on the blue jersey, but not on the Patriot Grey (not saying it), how would you do that? Blue to yellow? Blue to grey? Blue to orange? The numbers have to be legible, so they need to be dark on the light-colored jersey. I think they would have done gradient numbers on the Patriot Grey, but they couldn't figoure out how to make it work.  Then again, they managed to make the rest of this appear and it seems they didn't know that it didn't work.

dunno. grasping at straws

It's where I sit.

2 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Not trying to defend these, but curious:

For those pointing out the inconsistency of gradient numbers on the blue jersey, but not on the Patriot Grey (not saying it), how would you do that? Blue to yellow? Blue to grey? Blue to orange? The numbers have to be legible, so they need to be dark on the light-colored jersey. I think they would have done gradient numbers on the Patriot Grey, but they couldn't figoure out how to make it work.  Then again, they managed to make the rest of this appear and it seems they didn't know that it didn't work.

dunno. grasping at straws

Royal to navy maybe.

@upperV03 had a prototype of gradient numbers like 6 weeks ago that was excellent. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just now, LMU said:

I think the bone set can actually be salvaged by throwing a blue stripe on them to break up the light on light on light monotony.  And since it's pants they can probably throw in a rush order and avoid NFL waiting periods.

I think they hit a home run on the bone replicas, which are one of the weird few times (can't think of others) where the replica version is superior to the authentic.

It was one of your posts where you shared the retail version, and I think this is perfect for the home fan:

ff_3687781-eaedf5790ff9646d452ealt1_full

The coloring looks perfect to pair with jeans or anything else and has more life than a traditional white road jersey. I think the on-field product is dubious, but as streetwear, this looks really nice to me. I'm not a Rams fan or close to it, but I'd consider buying one of these as a fashion jersey. It's really nice.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

How bout both?

The more I see the helmet (and I like it) the more I think the old decals would look far better. I really don't like the forced 3-D approach. 

Judging by pictures and a description I found...I think the Rams helmet technically has the same finish as the Jets, just blue. 

Siciliano has to say nice things about it, what with him being at NFL Network and the NFL Media studios being at SoFi. He doesn't want to get dirty looks in the parking lot. 

Of course both would be better, but if they really just wanted to change it up as a sign of a new era, one or other would have sufficed and made the final product much better. 

For those not wanting to use "bone", just use the Pantone designation of Warm Gray....

spacer.png

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

After sitting on this for a few days and reading a number of comments here. Here's a little bit more in depth take on the new look and reaction.

• For everyone saying this is easily the worst NFL uniform ever ... um ... do you not remember the look the Bucs had before switching back to the SB-look? Hell, I'm more annoyed by the Titans and Falcons new looks than this one. Oh, and the Jags' two tone helmet is worse than what the Rams gave us.
  • For a team that's been around for nearly 75 years ... yeah ... this is definitely a departure from a classic look, especially with the helmet horns. But, with that said, I'm "okay" with the new helmet. I like it. I get it. It stays true to the blue and gold, the shape of a horn, yet gives it a LA vibe with the tie-in to a wave.
  • The jersey on the other hand is a different story, it's just over designed and especially over thought. I feels like an idea wall that people forgot to narrow down before finalizing the project. The patches, mismatching numbers, different sleeve designs and bone color all together is just too much. I love the colors, I love the blue jersey options and I'm okay with a bone color alternate, but it's way too gimmicky.
  • I do want a white jersey. For being a LA/Southern California team the way blue and gold pop off a white jersey seems like a go to. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the two jerseys they're unveiling in the next couple of years will be one?
  • The number font is kiiiiiinda growing on me? But, it is still a bit too much MS Paint-ish for me. But, I guess it makes sense with the roundness tying back to the horn/wave design?
  • Blue/Blue/Gold is the best of the set options.
  • Again, this isn't the worst design ever, it's just over designed and I bet within five years there will be some significant tweaks to the look. It's gimmicky like the Falcons new look which I don't like either.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

8 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Royal to navy maybe.

@upperV03 had a prototype of gradient numbers like 6 weeks ago that was excellent. 

Yep, the gradient numbers could’ve been done pretty tastefully by just going with something like this:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Just now, upperV03 said:

Yep, the gradient numbers could’ve been done pretty tastefully by just going with something like this:

spacer.png

That gradient would work well with their chosen numbers too, which aren't that bad.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

And honestly, that font is giving off a good Hollywood sign vibe. I’d have been all for this.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived