Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sure hope they never get rid of the bone. I quite enjoy hearing Patrick Bateman's voice in my head whenever I see it.

1UqsMMT.gif

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

On 1/16/2021 at 8:16 PM, DEAD! said:

Just make that bone top/blue pants permanent for all road games 

I do like the blue pants instead of the all bone. The mono-bone is too much of one color. But, I really do like the yellow pants. I guess it just reminds me more of the throwback look. I think I'd rather see the blue pants as secondary to the yellow pants. But honestly, I'll take anything but the mono-bone look. I really don't like it.

I cant believe everybody on these boards missed the fifth anniversary of this topic last week. I guess it'll stay open for at least another four years and then some, waiting out this Rams design with lots of new thoughts about how bone can actually work.

39 minutes ago, colortv said:

I wouldn't bet on the Rams changing the uniforms in 4 years. The logo is what seems to have outraged the fans for the most part.

They've established they're a trend-chasing franchise now, and are already trying to put out a new alt every year. In 4 years they could go anywhere from color changes to complete overhaul

16 hours ago, dont care said:

It’s far more than the logo that is the issue, I don’t know where you’ve been.

Outside the bubble of this thread, there isn't some massive outrage over the uniforms to be certain they will make a change in 4 years time.

21 minutes ago, colortv said:

Outside the bubble of this thread, there isn't some massive outrage over the uniforms to be certain they will make a change in 4 years time.

I beg to differ, there is plenty of talk about how awful they are in general discussion I’ve had with fans everywhere from die hard to casual. Admittedly none were rams fans but those are hard to find here. Then on Twitter and Facebook their look gets destroyed on a weekly basis.

13 minutes ago, colortv said:

There are a good number of folks on Twitter who've been pretty vocal about how bad they are.

XM4KeeA.png

1 hour ago, insert name said:

There are a good number of folks on Twitter who've been pretty vocal about how bad they are.

I wouldn't take social media reaction seriously.  People tend to be more vocal, whether literally or on the internet, when they complain.  I'd also wager that the social media followers represent a fragment of the team's fanbase.  People may hate the look, but Twitter isn't any measure to go by.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The sad part is that I think there’s a good uniform buried deep in there. LA got caught up in the bumper sticker love and just threw everything at the wall. Unfortunately, it all stuck.

Get rid of the bone. Your colors are way too bright and fun to be dragged down by such a lifeless shade. It just looks dirty and dingy. A total clash against the bright LA blue and yellow.

Speaking of the yellow, it looks so incredibly bright. Too much so. It needs a hint of orange mixed in to warm it a few shades.

Drop any and all gradients.

Remove the shiny trim around the numbers. I actually like the new font.

Get rid of the segmentations in the horn.

Drop the name badge on the upper chest.

Find a sleeve design that works on both home and road sets. Do the same for the pants. Unifying these designs will also help with the mix and match aspect.

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

The sad part is that I think there’s a good uniform buried deep in there. LA got caught up in the bumper sticker love and just threw everything at the wall. Unfortunately, it all stuck.

Get rid of the bone. Your colors are way too bright and fun to be dragged down by such a lifeless shade. It just looks dirty and dingy. A total clash against the bright LA blue and yellow.

Speaking of the yellow, it looks so incredibly bright. Too much so. It needs a hint of orange mixed in to warm it a few shades.

Drop any and all gradients.

Remove the shiny trim around the numbers. I actually like the new font.

Get rid of the segmentations in the horn.

Drop the name badge on the upper chest.

Find a sleeve design that works on both home and road sets. Do the same for the pants. Unifying these designs will also help with the mix and match aspect.

What your describing as that great uniform buried beneath all the bad elements is their throwback uniforms from last year with a different number font. Which would be a great uniform. It's almost like they shouldn't of messed with the design much to begin with. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

7 hours ago, dont care said:

I beg to differ, there is plenty of talk about how awful they are in general discussion I’ve had with fans everywhere from die hard to casual. Admittedly none were rams fans but those are hard to find here. Then on Twitter and Facebook their look gets destroyed on a weekly basis.

Whoa, someone tell Nike one of the biggest corporations on the planet some people are whining on twitter about their design and while they're at it tell the Rams to drop another hefty sum on a redesign.

If the uniforms sell well(which we can't determine yet) then it won't matter.

This isn't really a Bucs alarm clock uniform situation.

4 hours ago, colortv said:

This isn't really a Bucs alarm clock uniform situation.

Totally agree with you in the way you intended, but many of the folks here in this thread would agree with you in that they think the Rams unis are far, far WORSE than the Bucs alarm clock situation. More than one person here has called the Rams' current uniforms "the worst of all time."

I just don't get it. I have to assume those people just started watching the NFL a couple of seasons ago.

33 minutes ago, JustForFun said:

Totally agree with you in the way you intended, but many of the folks here in this thread would agree with you in that they think the Rams unis are far, far WORSE than the Bucs alarm clock situation. More than one person here has called the Rams' current uniforms "the worst of all time."

I just don't get it. I have to assume those people just started watching the NFL a couple of seasons ago.

There's no way the current Rams set is worse than the Bucs alarm-clocks.  "worst of all time" is hyperbole.

That being said, having a leg cut off is probably worse than having an arm cut off, but they both really hurt and would really impact your life, and I don't want either to happen to me.  Rams = severed arm, Bucs = severed leg.

Another analogy - Rams = being punched in the face, Bucs = being kicked in the balls (twice).  Browns = being punched in the face and kicked in the balls and then run over by a car.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, colortv said:

while they're at it tell the Rams to drop another hefty sum on a redesign.

You really think this is cause for concern for the guy who married into the Walmart fortune and owns a $6 billion stadium and paid $645 million to move the team? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

You really think this is cause for concern for the guy who married into the Walmart fortune and owns a $6 billion stadium and paid $645 million to move the team? 

Rich people don’t get rich by wasting money no matter the amount.

Archived