Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

6 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Didn't you get a bone jersey?  How's it look IRL?

I did! Looks not great!  I was expecting khaki but it's actually more dirty.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I did! Looks not great!  I was expecting khaki but it's actually more dirty.

Just further confirms that this color was an awful idea. It doesn’t even look good with casual wear nor is it a trendy color as others on here tried to say dirty laundry color was.

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

It's funny that Nike had a... wait for it... boner this off season, and didn't push the obvious move and try to influence the Browns to swap white for bone.  It would look great with either of their tops, and would be nice as pants color to wear with either top.  They could eliminate white from everything.

We don't know that Nike didn't bring this to the Browns, but that would have made a lot more sense than bringing it to a team in Los goddam Angeles.

Heck, they even could have called the color 'Dawg Bone'!

Of course I think the very idea of the Rams using “bone” colored uniforms is terrible, but I’d be way less offended by them if they had just been an inverse of the blue jerseys, with yellow sleeves, and not actually used any white. The use of bone and white together is jarring.

Am I the only one that actually didn’t mind the look for the Rams today?

Obviously, I despise the bone uniforms, and generally do not like this set at all, but I thought today was the best the Rams have looked while wearing that horrendous color. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

29 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

I'd be curious to see what this combo looks like with bone socks instead

That would improve things, for sure.

The biggest travesty of the Rams’ away uniform is that the base color clashes with yellow/athletic gold, while under normal circumstances with a white jersey it would be their best possible road combination.

Looking at what the Rams wear currently makes me more intrigued at what they could unveil this summer, since they plan to unveil 2 new uniforms in the coming years. Maybe a yellow set? If the NFL drops the one-helmet rule maybe even a return of the throwbacks somewhere down the line?

Despite my love for the helmets, I'll always maintain that the "designer fashion" aesthetic will never work in pro sports. It's too gimmicky.

On another note, watching the Chargers this season made me realize how yellow-heavy their new uniforms are. I would not be opposed to a powder blue facemask and/or pants being added.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

The fact that these uniforms only look good from a distance is the issue. 

from the stands they look good. 

But once you get up close and see the bone and white next to each other wondering what the F happened during the design process, or the random yellow highlighter swipe on the shoulder (that can't be seen from the stands)...these are the issues that make this uniform (and entire platform) fail. 

These are block-o-mo's

10 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Am I the only one that actually didn’t mind the look for the Rams today?

Obviously, I despise the bone uniforms, and generally do not like this set at all, but I thought today was the best the Rams have looked while wearing that horrendous color. 

It just makes me wonder what could have been. The same uniform, using white and not dirty gray, would be pretty terrific (ignoring the pointless gradients). What a missed opportunity.

9 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Looking at what the Rams wear currently makes me more intrigued at what they could unveil this summer, since they plan to unveil 2 new uniforms in the coming years. Maybe a yellow set? If the NFL drops the one-helmet rule maybe even a return of the throwbacks somewhere down the line?

At first I was thinking it could be a yellow set, but I could be a white set, in the style of the blue set, where the sleeves are yellow and have the blue shoulder stripes, like an updated version of the old white jerseys

2 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

At first I was thinking it could be a yellow set, but I could be a white set, in the style of the blue set, where the sleeves are yellow and have the blue shoulder stripes, like an updated version of the old white jerseys

That is too smart for these designers. Smartest decision they could make is making the white one their official away jersey and tossing the bone ones in a dumpster and setting it on fire

43 minutes ago, dont care said:

That is too smart for these designers. Smartest decision they could make is making the white one their official away jersey and tossing the bone ones in a dumpster and setting it on fire

They wouldn’t do that. On the off chance they do know that the bone experiment was a dumpster fire, they tried too hard to push this color to make a logical alternate uniform(that matches the home!) that would undermine their unique color.

12 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Despite my love for the helmets, I'll always maintain that the "designer fashion" aesthetic will never work in pro sports. It's too gimmicky.

On another note, watching the Chargers this season made me realize how yellow-heavy their new uniforms are. I would not be opposed to a powder blue facemask and/or pants being added.

Guarantee they're doing BFBS

57 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Guarantee they're doing BFBS

As long as the don’t do black pants. Only a black jersey.

As for bone, I just consider it a shade of gray. At least that’s what it looks like to me in person (my location obviously has the best access to the actual jersey).

They should’ve worn bone socks instead of blue.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Archived