2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

1 hour ago, Dilbert said:

All the states hating their division rivals, and then there's Missouri who's still salty over the Rams going back to LA.

EliLMW8W0AgdTqt?format=jpg&name=small

Also Connecticut and Rhode Island hating the Steelers, which I'm struggling to think of a specific reason for

EDIT

Just noticed that two AFC South states (Tennessee and Indiana) also hate Pittsburgh more than anyone in their division. Lol. :censored:in' Steelers.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Dilbert said:

All the states hating their division rivals, and then there's Missouri who's still salty over the Rams going back to LA.

EliLMW8W0AgdTqt?format=jpg&name=small

>West Virginia

They're either behind the times or ahead of the times and right now, I don't know which one.

Been all over the country, West Virginia is gorgeous during the day. At night? Few lights, the road signs are covered in coal dust, seems perfect for a horror movie.

As far as the Rams? I don't blame them for fleeing St. Louis ASAP either. 

I stopped for gas in West Virginia once in the mid-2000s at around 10 p.m. I had no reason to be scared, but I was scared. (Also, how messed up is it that there's a West but not East Virginia?)

It's a product of the 2010s, but very interesting to see Seattle most-hated in all of California and Arizona. The latter is not as much a surprise, but feels like California could hate a lot of teams, including those within the state. Speaking of regional distinctions, a North/South designation for CA would have been interesting.

Buffalo is nowhere to be found, but that's what happens when you stink for forever. See also: Detroit, Tampa Bay and Miami.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Winner-take-all at a state level is a silly and antiquated way to decide anything. I guarantee Baltimore probably got like 20% of the vote for PA, but all the Eagles rivals (and probably the Patriots too, just because) split the rest. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Winner-take-all at a state level is a silly and antiquated way to decide anything. I guarantee Baltimore probably got like 20% of the vote for PA, but all the Eagles rivals (and probably the Patriots too, just because) split the rest. 

You think Steelers fans are only 20% of the state?

ExJworW.png

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Good point. It really has to be one person, one vote. You wouldn't want, say, Wyoming, to have outsized influence when it comes to understanding the true hatred of NFL football teams. Or limiting that understanding to just a handful of geographically and demographically dynamic states.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

14 hours ago, waltere said:

Also Connecticut and Rhode Island hating the Steelers, which I'm struggling to think of a specific reason for

EDIT

Just noticed that two AFC South states (Tennessee and Indiana) also hate Pittsburgh more than anyone in their division. Lol. :censored:in' Steelers.

I cant speak for Indiana, but some of that for Tenn might be a holdover from the old AFC Central when they played each other.

Also, the battle of the undefeateds might make it some recency bias.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

As a Rams fan, I cannot hate the Seahawks because of one man: Pete Carroll

That's because I'm a USC fan who was overjoyed to see Carroll coaching the Trojans during the 2000s. Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush, and Mark Sanchez.

My hated vote goes to the 49ers.

4ffh6gt.png

20 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Good point. It really has to be one person, one vote. You wouldn't want, say, Wyoming, to have outsized influence when it comes to understanding the true hatred of NFL football teams. Or limiting that understanding to just a handful of geographically and demographically dynamic states.

I feel like you are trying to make some kind of point other than one that involves football or sports. I just can't put my finger on it. 🤔 

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

I feel like you are trying to make some kind of point other than one that involves football or sports. I just can't put my finger on it. 🤔 

I think it's completely football related.  Speaking only about the poll that was posted and about nothing else, say there's a lot of people in South Jersey that hate the Cowboys, and voted for Dallas.  Since New England took the state (presumably by a tight margin), that Cowboy hater's vote didn't count for anything.  If New England got 5,000,001 votes, and Dallast got 5,000,000, that's 5 million people that shouldn't have even bothered to take the survey because their vote wasn't going to count.

And, since all states are weighted equally in this sham of a system, Idaho's hatred of the 49ers counts just as much as California's hatred of the Seahawks, even though there's probably 5 people in Idaho that voted for 49ers while 10 million voted for Seattle.  But it counts all the same.  Why does someone in Idaho deserve more power than me, when we're both football fans all the same?

These football team polls represent a flawed democratic process, and teams like the Cowboys and Giants - who have way more haters than this map would indicate - are the ones that suffer.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thinking about reciting the details of Jared Goff's contract, the number of players the Rams have had to dump to accommodate said contract, and the first round drafts picks the Rams traded away either to initially pick him or instill in him a sense of security.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

On 10/31/2020 at 2:47 PM, AustinFromBoston said:

Yup. Oh and....

Because COVID wasn't enough, they're basically going to be fielding their practice squad for the rest of the season. 

Congrats on the Division Buffalo. 

As today's game proved, it hasn't been the lack of receivers this year as much as it's been the offenses insistence on costly penalties when the Patriots have a big drive and Josh McDaniel's absolutely horrendous play calling (Damien Harris has over 100 yards and a TD today? PUT HIS ASS ON THE BENCH WHEN WE REACH THE RED ZONE!)

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

2 hours ago, rams80 said:

Thinking about reciting the details of Jared Goff's contract, the number of players the Rams have had to dump to accommodate said contract, and the first round drafts picks the Rams traded away either to initially pick him or instill in him a sense of security.

Goff's fine the Oline gave him literally no time at all today. Every single one of turnovers he was being hit right away. I'd still have him over every QB not named Wilson or Rodgers at this point. 

It was a trap game going into the bye I'm not supriesed it, plus they would probably would have won this game if they don't give up an 87 year punt return TD. This team will go on a deep playoff run and I'm gonna enjoy laughing at how silly you doubters look. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Steelers are going 13-3 at worst. Winning in Baltimore is impressive and I'm not trying to diminish anything for them, but their schedule is a joke.

Also, first start; first win for Tua. He didn't do much, but at least he wasn't killed by Aaron Donald.

Archived