PittsburghSucks

2020 NFL Season

Recommended Posts

 I like the Bengals comparison better. The Lions have 1 playoff win in the Super Bowl era. The Bears and Bengals have some super bowl appearances, which yeah might as well have been 100 years ago, but it's more than the Lions can say. The Bears have 1985 and have occasionally won a playoff game, which keeps them from any Lions comparisons. But overall the Bengals and Bears last 30 seasons are more comparable with tiny bursts of competitiveness surrounded by long stretches of irrelevancy. Also they both lose to their "rival" all the time, which includes heartbreaking playoff losses. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked my buddy, who’s a huge Packers fan, The last time he remembers the Bears beating the Packers. He then said something that doesn’t sound at all right, but it could be true. 

He said he can’t remember the Bears beating the Packers since I was a senior in high school in 2006(!) 

 

That can’t be right, can it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

I asked my buddy, who’s a huge Packers fan, The last time he remembers the Bears beating the Packers. He then said something that doesn’t sound at all right, but it could be true. 

He said he can’t remember the Bears beating the Packers since I was a senior in high school in 2006(!) 

 

That can’t be right, can it? 

According to the Chicago Tribune, the last time the Bears beat the Packers was Dec. 16, 2018, so not quite 2006, but it must really feel like it. In the 2010s, the Bears beat the Packers a total of 4 times in 21 meetings. The Packers have been curbstomping the Bears for about 10 years now and it's not gonna stop anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They beat the Packers in 2014 or 2015 when Rodgers broke his collarbone.

 

It's rare but it's not Michigan beating Ohio State rare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Cleveland is just a graveyard in general. Not just the Browns or a particular position, the whole city is one.

I can tell you've never been. Come for a visit, you might be surprised what Cleveland has to offer :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Red Comet said:

 

I always thought of Chicago as the graveyard of quarterbacks. 

"But what about Cleveland?" Cleveland is just a graveyard in general. Not just the Browns or a particular position, the whole city is one.

 

Contempt prior to investigation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, selby56 said:

I can tell you've never been. Come for a visit, you might be surprised what Cleveland has to offer :)

Downtown is FANTASTIC! I've been there twice to watch the Packers play, and love the area near the Stadium and Rock Hall of Fame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, selby56 said:

I can tell you've never been. Come for a visit, you might be surprised what Cleveland has to offer :)

 

20 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Downtown is FANTASTIC! I've been there twice to watch the Packers play, and love the area near the Stadium and Rock Hall of Fame.

 

I can vouch for these two statements.

 

I've been to Cleveland a few times myself. The "cold dreary desolate" trope is media-created. (True, some parts of Cleveland are desolate--like, oh, say, Glenville), but overall the city has (or had-haven't been in over a year) something of an eclectic vibe to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's very few places in this country that are as bad as their reputation would lead you to believe. There are a lot of places, however, that aren't nearly as nice as their reputation would lead you to believe. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sport said:

There's very few places in this country that are as bad as their reputation would lead you to believe. There are a lot of places, however, that aren't nearly as nice as their reputation would lead you to believe. 

 

 

start spreadin' the news...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the states hating their division rivals, and then there's Missouri who's still salty over the Rams going back to LA.

 

 

EliLMW8W0AgdTqt?format=jpg&name=small

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

All the states hating their division rivals, and then there's Missouri who's still salty over the Rams going back to LA.

I mean, to be fair, the way Kroenke handled things kinda left that as the obvious conclusion. Sure, the move may have sucked, but Kroenke's "burn everything and salt the earth" approach really didn't endear him to Missouri at all, especially when he's named after a pair of legendary players in the region. It's the same reason Minnesotans still curse and swear whenever Norm Green is brought up, or Browns fans still detest Art Modell.

 

And without a team of their own to build rivalries with, naturally they're kinda left in a holding pattern where the only team they can hate is the one that skipped town most recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

All the states hating their division rivals, and then there's Missouri who's still salty over the Rams going back to LA.

 

 

EliLMW8W0AgdTqt?format=jpg&name=small

As a Patriots fan, I am severely disappointed they are only 3 states hate them. 

It should be at least 38 states. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ridleylash said:

And without a team of their own to build rivalries with, naturally they're kinda left in a holding pattern where the only team they can hate is the one that skipped town most recently.

The Kansas City Chiefs of Kansas City, MISSOURI would like to say hello.

 

I get what you're saying. I would've thought Missouri would have hated the Raiders or Broncos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dilbert said:

The Kansas City Chiefs of Kansas City, MISSOURI would like to say hello.

 

I get what you're saying. I would've thought Missouri would have hated the Raiders or Broncos.

D'oh! I fell for the blunder of miscategorizing them as Kansas because of the fact that there's a KC, Kansas and a KC, Missouri. My mistake. 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

As a Patriots fan, I am severely disappointed they are only 3 states hate them. 

It should be at least 38 states. 

With Brady gone  and this year off to a rough start the hatred for NE has very much diminished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dilbert said:

All the states hating their division rivals, and then there's Missouri who's still salty over the Rams going back to LA.

 

 

EliLMW8W0AgdTqt?format=jpg&name=small


funny. There’s >6M people in the Phila region, and I doubt any of them think twice about the Ravens.
 

I guess the Philly vote was split between the Giants, Cowboys, and.... Eagles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.