NFL 2020

FormerLurker

13 minutes ago, bowld said:

Lurker has no reason to lie. If he has info that its KC then its most likely going to come true. 

So the guy who started this thread to ask and speculate on who is getting new uniforms is suddenly a trusted source?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Thank goodness it isn’t KC. Still, I wouldn’t mind if they went back to gray face masks.

2 minutes ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

Thank goodness. There isn't anything redeemable from that Reebok disaster. Do you know if the logos or branding are changing as well? Or can you not say?

I wouldnt bet on anything said so far....KC could still be on the table (as is any team until we see hard proof).

33 minutes ago, Teal said:

It's the Falcons.

I want a specific source on this. You can post it here or PM me directly. 

If you fail to do so (or refuse), I don't want to see another post from you regarding speculations anymore in any thread. Got it?

In fact, that goes for anyone who posts these "insider information" bits without evidence to back up their claim. 

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

I want a specific source on this. You can post it here or PM me directly. 

If you fail to do so (or refuse), I don't want to see another post from you regarding speculations anymore in any thread. Got it?

So I post info that I know... I get a warning.... I reveal the team that is getting updated looks and now I get threatened? "Got it" seriously what is the problem that you lot have with me? I will NEVER reveal my sources so theres that. I will probably be banned yet again. What crime have I committed exactly?

Jaguars

Just now, Teal said:

So I post info that I know... I get a warning.... I reveal the team that is getting updated looks and now I get threatened? "Got it" seriously what is the problem that you lot have with me? I will NEVER reveal my sources so theres that. I will probably be banned yet again. What crime have I committed exactly?

Do not post another response in this thread. End of discussion. 

I'm going to disagree here.

I've been as critical of Teal as anyone around here, but if there's someone on this forum who has inside information and a track record of accuracy* I don't think it's appropriate for anyone, mods or otherwise, to demand he or she reveal their sources. We don't all demand Adam Schefter reveal his sources when he breaks news because he has credibility. And it's his ability to protect his sources that allows him to keep getting more information to share.

*honestly, I'm not sure what Teal's track record is but others have said it's good

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Do not post another response in this thread. End of discussion. 

You guys are being needlessly heavy-handed about this. It's a message board where we discuss rumors and speculation and have fun with it. It's not a news story for the main site that needs to be thoroughly sourced and fact checked.

If Teal turns out to be wrong, then he's wrong; if he's right, then he's right. Why are we silencing him?

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I gotta say, when we get to the place where we are directly comparing Teal and Adam Schefter, I know 2020 is going to be a good year.

Loool.

I truly can't remember. Has Teal been right in the past? 

If he's just posting B.S. that's wrong, then yeah he needs to be called out and it's totally fair for the mods to demand more from him.

But wasn't he right about the Jets or something? I'm willing to put up with his crappy personality if he is sharing legit info. 

Teal is no Schefter. He's no different than a tabloid journalist for the National Enquirer. He's gotten lucky with guesses and done nothing to warrant respect in those guesses (which by my tally are about 50/50). 

Myself (and other mods) have given him opportunities to prove himself. He's chosen to respond like a petulant child. If he wants to act like that, I'll treat him as such. 

I'm not derailing this thread any further with this nonsense. 

Teal has a long history here of being accurate so believe him or don't. Asking him to give up his sources is stupid. Again, as someone else said, it's a message board where people can talk and share. If he says a team is changing looks it's up to you to believe him or not. Time will tell as all new identities should be shown before april

2 minutes ago, bowld said:

Teal has a long history here of being accurate so believe him or don't. Asking him to give up his sources is stupid. Again, as someone else said, it's a message board where people can talk and share. If he says a team is changing looks it's up to you to believe him or not. Time will tell as all new identities should be shown before april

The moderators actually document his claims every time we run into these derailments and Atomic's statement of a 50% success rate is what we collectively determined.

VmWIn6B.png

19 minutes ago, LMU said:

The moderators actually document his claims every time we run into these derailments and Atomic's statement of a 50% success rate is what we collectively determined.

50 percent success when claiming to know the full list of teams changing would basically be proof that he's just guessing. Either you have the list or you don't. 

Archived