2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

55 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Note that Bettman's already said jersey ads aren't happening next year, though. Dundon may think it's a good idea, but he still needs a majority consensus to do it; and I have a feeling that they'll look at the NBA's deal and decide it's not really worth it, because it clearly isn't that worth it to spam ads on jerseys at the major league level, otherwise more sports would've done it by now.

The helmet ad is essentially the equivalent of the NBA's jersey ad. I have a feeling that this is as far as things will go unless there's another massive event that hurts the bottom line. They just got some fat TV contract deals and the expansion money; I feel like they're not hurting for money as badly now as they were before last season started.

Yes the NHL just put ads on the uniforms, yes the Commissioner said jersey ads aren't coming yet, and yes an owner came out and said he supports filling the uniforms with corporate sponsors, but no it doesn't make sense to think the NHL will add more advertising

• Like 2

On 7/2/2021 at 12:43 AM, clonewars2008 said:

The Uniforms have already been released. 

The Jerseys have not been.  When the Hockey Guy does his Seattle Kraken videos, he'll wear a sweater of the Seattle Metropolitans.  

6 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

The Jerseys have not been.  When the Hockey Guy does his Seattle Kraken videos, he'll wear a sweater of the Seattle Metropolitans.  

https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/07/23/nhls-new-seattle-kraken-announce-name-logos/hockey-2/

The uniform design has been released, but you cannot buy the jersey yet (well, I've seen knockoffs floating around)

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

Cause they are not for sale yet but they did go on sale briefly at Xmas for like a very pricy run of I think 1000 total. But the designs are out, we know what they will look like. 

zyyMk1d.png

1 hour ago, clonewars2008 said:

Cause they are not for sale yet but they did go on sale briefly at Xmas for like a very pricy run of I think 1000 total. But the designs are out, we know what they will look like. 

So when are they for sale?

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

Back when the reveal happed, I believe they said the original plan was for the jerseys to be up for sale at around the expansion draft. I don't know if that is still the case though.

Well BenH was talking on the r/hockeyjerseys discord about the orders coming in September and says that’s when he will receive his shipment of Kraken jerseys but normally they are always shipped out late to everywhere that don’t the NHL store or the team stores for exclusivity rights. So I would imagine they would go on sale on August? 

zyyMk1d.png

On 6/30/2021 at 9:53 PM, Kevin W. said:

It's the best home jersey the team has ever worn so it'd be awesome to see it come back.

If it comes back as a third, the demand from fans will be to make it the home jersey again. Then in another decade we'll get the throwbacks back as alternates again, and then fans will buy enough that they switch back. And this will go on for the rest of history.

On 7/2/2021 at 1:40 AM, AFirestormToPurify said:

I hope they surprise us with seafoam blue gear or something cause from what I've seen they're seriously boring uniforms. They're not ugly or dumb or anything, just boring, and for an expansion team, that's probably worse lol

Going with Kraken as the name is enough to balance out the traditional uniform design. They were smart in knowing that most non-casual fans would hate the name, so they kept the logo & uniforms fairly simplistic as a compromise. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ebod39 said:

The $1000 Kaken jerseys was a pre-order, limited to 200 jerseys, with proceeds going to charity.

Those best be on ice jerseys if you are going to pay 1000$ for a jersey. Even if it’s for charity.

• Like 1

zyyMk1d.png

Post image

Glad to know I'm not crazy. Spotted this when I was at GilaRiver a couple days ago on one of their official trucks and had to take a picture because I didn't remember the Kachina with the new Arizona wordmark, but I guess this is old news haha.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, rorinator said:

Post image

Glad to know I'm not crazy. Spotted this when I was at GilaRiver a couple days ago on one of their official trucks and had to take a picture because I didn't remember the Kachina with the new Arizona wordmark, but I guess this is old news haha.

Oh, that's definitely new; they haven't had a geographic identifier in use with the Kachina wordmark since bringing it back, just "Coyotes". The fact that the truck's graphic has "Arizona" over it means it has to have been made recently.

This and the new jersey coming this offseason are two huge red flags for an imminent Kachina rebrand.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, rorinator said:

Post image

Oh that's nice.

• Like 3

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

On 7/1/2021 at 7:17 PM, ManillaToad said:

https://theathletic.com/2683219/2021/06/30/tom-dundon-on-taking-full-ownership-of-hurricanes-carolinas-delayed-outdoor-game-and-ads-on-nhl-jerseys/

Of course, this will never happen in the NHL   :^)   Anyone saying ads will get worse is just pointlessly complaining 🙃

Gee, funny coming from an owner of a CAROLINA franchise. Of course he'll want the jersey to look like racing suits.

8 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Oh, that's definitely new; they haven't had a geographic identifier in use with the Kachina wordmark since bringing it back, just "Coyotes". The fact that the truck's graphic has "Arizona" over it means it has to have been made recently.

This and the new jersey coming this offseason are two huge red flags for an imminent Kachina rebrand.

That's always annoyed me about the shoulder patches on the Kachina throwbacks. There was no reason why they couldn't put "Arizona" on the logo.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I really hope Arizona goes back to Kachina full-time, it's always been one of my favourite older logos.

Not everything from the 1990s needs to come back, but the NHL has done a pretty good job so far of bringing back the good stuff (NYR statue of liberty head, Ottawa Senators original logo, old school Calgary and Buffalo colours) while leaving out the garbage.

I think the 2021-22 season in the NHL is shaping up to be one of the best-looking seasons for teams on the ice. Hopefully we can just ditch a few of those crappy Reverse Retro and keep the good ones as new alternates.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ricky_Roby said:

Hopefully we can just ditch a few of those crappy Reverse Retro and keep the good ones as new alternates.

Speaking of which, I find it strange that there is no info out there or even just rumors yet on if the RR are coming back next year. Seems to me like it was a success in every way, from fan reception to sales, maybe I'm wrong?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Speaking of which, I find it strange that there is no info out there or even just rumors yet on if the RR are coming back next year. Seems to me like it was a success in every way, from fan reception to sales, maybe I'm wrong?

I think we'll hear more once the Finals are over and the league's calendar turns over; the pandemic and the shifted league schedules have really thrown off the timing of news the last year or so. 

I'm hoping for another round of RR unis too. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.