2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

On 12/18/2021 at 5:47 PM, the admiral said:

They need to redesign their primary to have similar lettering, though. The rotated lettering looks cheap.

Yeah, the Rangers’ primary looks so rough compared to the uniform set. Didn’t @andrewharrington suggest “remastering” the original logo from archival elements?

On 1/2/2022 at 3:15 PM, Ridleylash said:

We already know they're adding a non-RR alt next year thanks to Mike Gould, and it's a open secret Flames management wants black to be in the team's rotation in some form even with the retirement of the RR. Most people in Calgary would buy 2004 throwback jerseys.

It just makes far too much sense from the team's perspective to throw back to one of the biggest highlights of their history, like Pittsburgh's doing with the black wordmark alternate they just introduced.

Besides, when has any sports team cared about waiting a few years for alternate jerseys after a rebrand? 😜

I'm sure the '04 red jerseys would sell well, but I feel like it would just put pressure on them to go back to being a black & red team. We'd end up in an endless loop of them switching between the pre-Edge set & the '80s throwbacks.

I'd rather see them mix it up and try a yellow jersey.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I'm sure the '04 red jerseys would sell well, but I feel like it would just put pressure on them to go back to being a black & red team. We'd end up in an endless loop of them switching between the pre-Edge set & the '80s throwbacks.

I'd rather see them mix it up and try a yellow jersey.

Who's to say they won't do a yellow RR design next? 😜 We know the RR program's coming back next season, so it's entirely possible they do a yellow jersey there.

51 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Who's to say they won't do a yellow RR design next? 😜 We know the RR program's coming back next season, so it's entirely possible they do a yellow jersey there.

A yellow version of the pedestal jersey with a red yoke and a red C might actually look pretty good (for those that have a soft spot for the pedestal jerseys) 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I know these two jerseys are from last year but due to one team being Canadian and one time being American these two uniforms finally match up since April 16th 1995 and oh is it nice! I know they both have subtle differences but you can’t deny this looks great! 
mar-1995-center-alexandre-daigle-of-the-

thomas-chabot-of-the-ottawa-senators-sti

• Like 10

zyyMk1d.png