NFL Offseason 2021: Ride the QB Carousel of Horror

CS85

Shoot, they may as well change the league logo if they keep this up...swap the "N" for an "I"...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, tBBP said:

Shoot, they may as well change the league logo if they keep this up...swap the "N" for an "I"...

It’s a new strategy for moving the Jags. If London flops, do Germany! Or La Ciudad de México. Or Toronto. Basically anywhere but Jacksonville for the NFL.

Kyle Long retires because of constant injury after several years of being a Pro Bowler.  Gets in the best shape of his life, has an awesome time being young and rich.  Decides to back into football.  Gets injured again. 

Maybe just stay thin and retired, dude.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

Bit late on this but Travis Kelce states that he thinks the Browns are as good as the Chiefs. Well, funny enough, the Browns and Chiefs start their seasons against each other at Arrowhead so let’s see how will his take holds up.

I'm just glad it's the first game of the year because the Browns brought in Clowney to make life easier for Miles Garrett on the other side. If he can survive half the season I think the Browns will be in great shape and it gives rookies like Togai a chance to get worked in to the team that much easier. Yes I know Togai is a DT and not a DE, but if Garrett or Clowney is right next to you, who's that OG looking at first? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 6/10/2021 at 8:06 AM, SFGiants58 said:

It’s a new strategy for moving the Jags. If London flops, do Germany! Or La Ciudad de México. Or Toronto. Basically anywhere but Jacksonville for the NFL.

Guess again, Sherlock. The Jags proposed a new football facility with groundwork on a new stadium. Long term lease part of the deal. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31559598/jacksonville-jaguars-propose-441m-project-stand-alone-football-facility%3fplatform=amp

30 minutes ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

Guess again, Sherlock. The Jags proposed a new football facility with groundwork on a new stadium. Long term lease part of the deal. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31559598/jacksonville-jaguars-propose-441m-project-stand-alone-football-facility%3fplatform=amp

"Proposed".  Nothing matters until there's shovels in the ground.  "Laying the groundwork" - that's a little vague.   The whole thing is vague - the team will pay $60M of $120M for the practice facility, but the whole project is $440M... so there's a lot of unaccounted for dollars there.

LOL - "My goal is for downtown Jacksonville to be the envy of cities here in the U.S. and elsewhere, and I see no reason why we can't achieve that goal," Khan said in a statement. "I am confident we have the local leadership, spirit and commitment to revitalize downtown Jacksonville in a manner that will make the world take notice while also serving the needs of the community and the people who make Jacksonville their home."

The guy seems legitimately committed to the region, even if statements like this are nothing more than cheerleading to drum up public support for a project that will cost them hundreds of millions that could be better spent elsewhere.  It seems certain that if not for Kahn, the NFL would have cut ties with Jacksonville at the first opportunity - and it's still likely that they'd like to... when there's actually another option, and when he's willing to sell it - and there's no actual indicators of either of those things happening.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

50 minutes ago, BBTV said:

"Proposed".  Nothing matters until there's shovels in the ground.  "Laying the groundwork" - that's a little vague.   The whole thing is vague - the team will pay $60M of $120M for the practice facility, but the whole project is $440M... so there's a lot of unaccounted for dollars there.

LOL - "My goal is for downtown Jacksonville to be the envy of cities here in the U.S. and elsewhere, and I see no reason why we can't achieve that goal," Khan said in a statement. "I am confident we have the local leadership, spirit and commitment to revitalize downtown Jacksonville in a manner that will make the world take notice while also serving the needs of the community and the people who make Jacksonville their home."

The guy seems legitimately committed to the region, even if statements like this are nothing more than cheerleading to drum up public support for a project that will cost them hundreds of millions that could be better spent elsewhere.  It seems certain that if not for Kahn, the NFL would have cut ties with Jacksonville at the first opportunity - and it's still likely that they'd like to... when there's actually another option, and when he's willing to sell it - and there's no actual indicators of either of those things happening.

Working in Jacksonville, I know personally the local government will do what ever they want for Kahn. My building I work in will probably be demolished for it (it needs to be) and moved else where in the city.

Alright, assuming the Jags are off the menu for relocation, wouldn’t that now mean the Bengals are the biggest risk to move now? Everything I’ve heard indicates that they won’t renew their lease that is coming up soon and thus they might just leave. @Sport Have you heard anything on this front?

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

Alright, assuming the Jags are off the menu for relocation, wouldn’t that now mean the Bengals are the biggest risk to move now? Everything I’ve heard indicates that they won’t renew their lease that is coming up soon and thus they might just leave. @Sport Have you heard anything on this front?

Their lease is up in 2026, but they and the county just worked together on a new music venue that is directly next to the stadium, which was part of a revised agreement in 2018. That doesn't sound like much, but I never thought I'd see those two parties ever work on anything together in an amicable way and a good sign the relationship is less contentious than it once was. They'll renegotiate in 2024 so no sense in worrying about it until then, but I know that Mike Brown won't be a big part of them, which is probably for the best for everyone. If I could bet money on this I'd bet the county and the team work together and sign the pair of 5 year lease extensions that takes them to 2036. Lots of reasons I feel that way, but I don't feel like getting into it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I dunno, Mahomes sat every game but the last in his first year and it worked out for him. Wait, who was the offensive coordinator for the Chiefs in 2017? Oh.

It all makes sense now. Leave it to a mediocre coach to pull some cargo cult crap like that because it worked somewhere he was before.

6 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

I dunno, Mahomes sat every game but the last in his first year and it worked out for him. Wait, who was the offensive coordinator for the Chiefs in 2017? Oh.

It all makes sense now. Leave it to a mediocre coach to pull some cargo cult crap like that because it worked somewhere he was before.

Mahomes was also a generational talent who happened to slip to the middle of the draft. To quote my fellow Gen Z-ers:

“He’s built different.” 

56 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

“Generational Talent” is such a dumb phrase

It’s not dumb in and of itself, it just gets thrown around so often nowadays it’s lost its meaning. It’s just like people who call every team who win a championship a potential “dynasty.” 

I think it comes from a generation of people (myself included) who grew up in a world where there were dedicated sports channels and content companies, so we all watched documentaries and shows about old teams and those “dynasties.” And we so desperately want to have modern “dynasties” and “generational talents” that we slap that label onto anyone and everyone. 

spacer.png

Patrick Mahomes at least deserves the title of Generational Talent even if the term is thrown around for every first round projected pick that does well in the Underwear Olympics. 

That term should only be reserved for players that are just dominant in their sport like men among boys. 

23 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Patrick Mahomes at least deserves the title of Generational Talent even if the term is thrown around for every first round projected pick that does well in the Underwear Olympics. 

That term should only be reserved for players that are just dominant in their sport like men among boys. 

Was Peyton Manning a "generational talent"?  Aaron Rodgers?  Hell, Tom Brady is still playing and has been more dominant than anyone.  Is Brady a "multi-generational talent"?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived